TBC should not allow Classic transfers

As someone that enjoys progressing my toons and initially was in favour of being able to transfer Classic toons to TBC, seeing the rampant effects of boosting has changed my mind. Boosting has really cheapened the leveling barrier of Vanilla.

I am now in favour of starting at level 1 (or a solitary 58) with zero transfers from Vanilla. In order to prevent the scourge that is happening in Classic, I am also in favour of basing XP on the highest level character of a dungeon group.

I honestly wish players had more integrity by playing within the Spirit of Classic but it seems Blizzard has to enforce #changes to thwart this plague.

31 Likes

Yeah, I ain’t starting over. There will likely be at least one ’O M G F R E S H’ TBC server – you can re-roll there.

32 Likes

It’s no surprise to see the same people who ardently support the 30 instance daily cap also want everyone to start from level 1 on a TBC server, since you know, that’s not how it happened originally. This mostly stems from players who generally just suck at the game and run around at level 60 broke all the time because they didn’t get the memo that skinning should be dropped after you are done leveling. They get mad when they see other players who actually do well at the game and want to bring everyone down to their level. It’s the same in real life with these people, same exact mentality of victimhood.

25 Likes

i didnt level my toons to just throw them away, i plan on going horde, but i dont want my 60s to sit in classic hell forever

3 Likes

I’m in favour of a one time snapshot that happens at launch of a TBC server, and you can make one copy of each character you have based on that snapshot.

The snapshot would need to happen specifically to prevent abuses that can happen with normal copy/transfers.

Other than that, you should be rolling from level 1 like you had to in TBC.

2 Likes

I’ve seen you in the 19 bracket.

I guess your exploitive levelling behaviour doesn’t make you good at all aspects of the game. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Characters will progress into the next expansion. As they always have in WoW

6 Likes

I must have made an impression because I havnt played this toon in bg’s in about 2 months. Did I one shot your alt or something? Get gud lol.

3 Likes

Why would you say that definitively when Blizzard was exploring all options including the couple that I mentioned here?

1 Like

Because the massive sub loss theyd endure if we all had to start completely over would sway them

100% will be allowing characters to progress onward. As it always has been

5 Likes

If I can’t take my existing character I would be incredibly disappointed. Ideally, I would want to keep both my character and my server community

3 Likes

If players are so vested in Classic WoW to create multiple 60’s, I really doubt they’d have the self control to quit the game and not play TBC if they don’t get transfers.

Massive sub losses? Please.

15 Likes

Umm… did you even think about this at all?

If everyone has their characters at max level going into TBC they don’t really need boosts- if everyone starts at level 1, then everyone needs boosts. Your idea actually creates a situation where EVERYONE is going to want a boost, it’s basically going to be mage xmas if you do this.

4 Likes

100%. Sorry that you wont get your way here.

Best bet is 1-2 of the fresh server idea. But they will allow classic characters to move on

2 Likes

Actually, that was the one option that Blizzard did not offer in their survey.

2 Likes

But its what will happen. Theyll either copy them, xfer them. But they will be allowed to move on and progress

The entire game is built around character progression. Wow has never cut your character off and forced a restart. Never has never will

12 Likes

Be prepared to pay $25 per character for the privilege.

Can’t tell if there’s retail players spewing all this weird vitriol lately, or if they are just super casual new players that were convinced to try out classic by a freind. Like supporting time gating, re-rolling from level 1, being against boosting/dungeon farming, etc. It just stinks of not being good at the game and being bitter, like most of us here at least started in TBC, and can make in game gold easily because we know a lot about the game in general. All I see are retail avatars or non 60’s advocating for anti-hardcore changes in classic. And it’s weird, this is a vanilla remake, known as being a magnet for anti-casual gamers.

And before someone brings up my avatar, I’m unsubbed, if I logout or switch toons it’ll revoke my posting ability due to not having active game time.

2 Likes

Actually it was - current servers progress to TBC and new Classic servers created for people to transfer to was one of the options

4 Likes

It wont cost that but whatever you feel you have to say you are entitled to say