TBC Netherwhelp Collar not able to be claimed

Yes.

Mine is correct and yours is blaming the messenger because you find the truth unpleasant.

wut

What I find unpleasant is someone derailing this thread into a show of superiority because of some clairvoyance that sticking with their original CE account would be beneficial in the future.

Thanks Box. This is exactly my point.

1 Like

I think part of the confusion has been the CE pets have been BNET wide since 08, so a lot of players didn’t really think this would be an issue until it became a strict policy now. I for one only have two WoW Licenses, I love my Netherwhelp to death but am not willing to pay a separate subscription for TBC Classic and that. In the OPs case it’s tough because they didn’t know that this was even going to be the rule until TBC.

It’s not a pleasant situation to be in, we make mistakes we aren’t human I would go back in time and stop myself from doing this on 08 if I could now >> Only time will tell!

1 Like

That’s an odd way to spell “I don’t like when people disagree with me.”

There’s a lot of replies, and I’ve read some of them and my question is: Are CE pets going to be given to people or not in TBCC? I purchased the CE for OG wow and have the panda in retail, have since day one. Didn’t get it in Classic Vanilla, wondered why not but after seeing this, I’m sort of annoyed.

Hopefully something comes of this.

2 Likes

We are certainly trying by keeping this thread alive. Hopefully if enough of us ask for this change it will happen.

2 Likes

This is the best place to post feedback regarding, In my mind it’s even a rougher for people in your situation with the original CE given how difficult it was to even get one of those.

2 Likes

And there are some people who are perfectly happy with the way it is, as it makes Netherwhelps rarer and thus more special.

Standing in line for 3ish hours was sure difficult. I mean all it took to make sure you got one was to be infront of the line at a place that had collectors editions.

You can get the pet in game already, if you are on the account that is tied to the CE. Just go to an inn in a major city and talk to an innkeeper.

2 Likes

I love you, man.

1 Like

The whole point of an account is to create an independent instance of something. If features from accounts could be shared, then they didn’t need to be 2 separate accounts. So your claim doesn’t make sense. And you can always go back and make toons on the original account. Naxx gear doesn’t matter anymore, it’s BC time.

1 Like

Getting one of those CEs after WoW became super popular was and is still very difficult. I don’t have the Vanilla one but it’s most certainly impossible to get one now even on Ebay as far as I’m aware. Peoples lives have changed since 2004 and for whatever reason may have made another account over the years (I know some who did because they lost their old acc at the time and got it back years later). I’m not sure what the players case is above but if he has a license on his bnet with the pets I feel he should be able to use them in Classic on an account on his Bnet.

We won’t see eye to eye on this topic and that is totally fine. Regardless of how everyone feels it’s good to see discussion on the thread non the less.

1 Like

Bumping for support. I’m not sure what more to add, but hopefully there’ll be more assistance for merging old and new accounts across the board. In cases such as these, clearly there is no advantage to be gained for allowing those to receive what they paid for, even if it might take a bit of work to do it.

2 Likes

Thank you for all the support Kai :slight_smile:

Thanks for the support guys. Hopefully our Netherwhelps can fly with us soon.

1 Like

I’m honestly willing to post about this as long as I can to continue the discussion. Most likely nothing will be changed but at least we can continue trying

1 Like

In my case, I did stick with that account. I had two accounts subscribed for many years because I was an altaholic who played on RP realms. Only one of the two had the collector’s edition, and then the battle.net merge happened. I lost track of which was which some years ago as a result. If I had known they were going to do this, I would have made sure that I picked the right one.

2 Likes

I would just enjoy the game instead of dwelling on this small detail