TBC Netherwhelp Collar not able to be claimed

Bumping this thread just one more time

Blizzard please milk me, I would transfer my roster if that’s what it took at this point.

I apparently had the pet on a different account too for og TBC. I didn’t remember since it’s all been account wide for so long and I still have the box on my nerd shelf.

I’d have happily selected the other dropdown when I started Classic had I known instead of the one I did select.

When I put in my ticket they did get my hopes up by offering a refund then to move it to my current main account… but after I replied saying YES details please!, a different gm said no, that the previous gm misunderstood and was thinking about the level 58 boost. Feelsbad. idgaf about my boost I would like to get the pet on my characters though, even if it means transferring them over, which, if I recall, we could do at the end of vanilla anyway-just don’t allow a boost to do it these days and it’s more money in their pockets

2 Likes

Same here. I wanted my Classic account to be separate from my Retail, but I didn’t think which account would matter. Boy was I wrong, and paying for it now.

1 Like

I reached out about it as well before TBC Classic was released. It sounded like they were almost willing to move my license then he devs prevented it. Personally the cross acc transfer is a decent fix but I do think out of respect to all of us Blizzard should just honor the CE for you and other players on your current license who played this game for so many years and purchased the original CE. I hope they do something for you and others in this thread! I think it’s important we keep voicing our thoughts and concerns here and other places and thank you for sharing your story about it here :slight_smile:

I honestly thought they wouldn’t have been so picky about honoring it if you own it. The verbiage in this interview with MrGm bothers me when I read it because of people in our situation and it feels there’s been nothing done to help us.

Brian Birmingham: That is certainly the intent. I know that one of the tricks is that the way we store some of those licenses changed over time, so it was a challenge to even do it for the original Classic. But it is something we feel like is important to honor if you got the Collector’s Edition at the time. We want to make it possible for you to get the Collector’s Edition reward you got at the time, and so, we’re gonna do some effort to try and see if we can detect that same license the way it used to be recorded on your account, and if we can detect that you originally bought the BC Collector’s Edition, we will give you the original BC Collector’s Edition pet.

The bolded line is what sticks out the most when I read that interview. Very unfortunate :frowning:

2 Likes

This has proved to be an absolute lie, if my interactions with customer support is any indication. :confused:

2 Likes

Yeah : / this is 100% how I felt about that specific comment after contacting CS about this. It becomes upsetting when the devs tie their hands in helping players in this situation. I’ve been trying to see if people with the original vanilla CE posted about this but from what i’ve seen I haven’t been able to find anything. I would hope that Blizz would do the same for someone who hasn’t been able to use a panda cub etc.

1 Like

In an effort to keep this discussion going have you found any updates about the Netherwhelp? I think at this point it seems we can only wait for acc transfers : / very big shame

Unfortunately just more of the same. We were encouraged to post in the forums if we want to see changes made, so let’s keep this discussion going.

This is Game Master Meszossko at your summoning and I hope all is well with everything that’s happening in the world.

Thanks for reaching back out to us and we really appreciate your patience whilst waiting for our assistance.

As a player myself who no longer plays on my original account, I can certainly understand where you are coming from. However, with that being said, the Netherwhelp pet is WoW account specific so I’m afraid it’s only claimable on your MACCAW account.

If you would like to see some changes to make it Battle.net account wide, feel free to submit your suggestion on our community forums here: [https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/]

If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to reach back out to us. We’d be more than happy to assist!

Click here to review and resolve your ticket. If you continue to experience issues, you can respond to your ticket with additional information.

If you do not resolve the ticket or provide an additional response within one week, we will resolve the ticket automatically and you’ll receive a final update via email.

Regards,
Blizzard Support

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your GMs response! I actually haven’t even started playing TBC Classic yet because of this tbh. I think the only thing we can do is continue to keep this thread updated then as information can be found.

With that being said I don’t think I shared this but I will never forget getting this CE When I was younger. I still have my old Mousepad that’s all torn up from the original TBC/Wrath era of WoW lol!

1 Like

Just curious the bit about submitting feedback on the forums did you send the GM these threads? I almost wonder if others have brought this up as well.

I did send them the threads, so part of me feels like they didn’t read them. :frowning:

1 Like

:frowning: very big bummer but unfortunately not surprising. I had something similar to where they weren’t even reading previous tickets. I was hoping he would have directed you here because of more people discussing/requesting this. My sub runs out in a few days and I won’t be resubbing because of this as tough as it is. I hope the discussion continues here and Blizzard considers allowing this because as a fan I’m severely disappointed for the first time since Warlords.

1 Like

Will there be any way to transfer our chars to a different account under the same Battle.net? an old thread but non the less the same issue. There is 0 reason this player shouldn’t have had his old CE pets in original Classic considering he supported the game when it first launched in 04. I don’t think linking/honoring old accounts would hurt the community in anyway. Again this is a case I’m super passionate about I want this changed for all players because they were a huge part of the game for many of us.

1 Like

I bought the CE version of the game when it originally launched. I did not buy the CE for TBC and don’t remember why. Anyway… I don’t play classic on the account I bought the CE on. So I get what the OP is wanting to do.

On the other hand I also remember that when the game launched we didn’t use BNet accounts for WoW. I believe it wasn’t until 2009 that they forced us to move to a Bnet account to play WoW.

So maybe there is something involved that they don’t really want to get into. On the other hand I’m not sure why they should have to move a license exactly either… why can’t they just flag the entire BNet account as having the CE for example.

2 Likes

Still waiting on my Murky. :frowning:

1 Like

This is pretty much what I’m suggesting they do, since Bnet didn’t exist when TBC originally was live.

2 Likes

I honestly think just flagging the entire account is the best case scenario here. It honors the old CE for previous owners and like even if it’s something a player has to reach out to CS about it should be done

1 Like

It would be cool if blizz added the blizzcon rewards at some point as well!

I am actually wondering if more people are confused by this then we think. This article https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/246344 seems to be updated almost daily. It maybe a sign the policy should change to allow players to use these pets in classic/tbc

1 Like