TBC into WOTLK - Will Honor and Marks reset?

Hey!

Can we start to cap 100x each BG-Mark and 75k honor in TBC now and be allowed to keep it all going into WOTLK Classic?

That seemed to be the case when we went from WoW Classic → WoW Classic TBC as answered in this blue post:

Thanks in advance!

From what I’ve heard from people in-game is that marks/honor are converted into gold. Can’t stack BG-Marks and honor for early lvl 80 pvp gear this time.

That isn’t what happened with TBC classic. I capped multiple toons moving into TBC, I doubt they would change that going into WotLK.

The only time they converted honor into gold is when you are capped on honor and arena points rolled over into honor (overcapping you).

2 Likes

In Patch 3.3.3, Marks were no longer used to purchase gear. Thus, you could exchange them for additional honor. (Each mark equalled 185 Honor Points) The only time (within the scope of earlier expansions) that Honor Points were converted to something else was in Cataclysm where they were automatically converted into Honor Points due to their actual removal from the game.

Similarly, Badges saw a conversion in Patch 4.0.1, but to gold. Each Badge converted to 1g83s30c.

Marks of Honor were NOT exchanged, nor converted to gold.

1 Like

So we will be able to stack honor and bg marks in tbc to purchase lvl 80 pvp gear once wrath is released? Everyone I’ve asked has said the opposite, that honor and marks will be converted to gold on wotlk release.

Supposedly that’s what happen in the original transition from tbc to wotlk.

There’s no way of knowing exactly how Blizzard intends to roll out Lich King. As mentioned above, converting Marks into gold would not fall in line with the original version of Lich King, as that never happened, and we have Patch notes to prove this.

1 Like

Yes I know that’s how it worked from vanilla to tbc, I did the same thing but from the people I’ve asked in-game it will be different from tbc to wotlk.

mind proving it?

htttps://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mark_of_Honor_(old) (remove the extra ‘t’ in https)

htttps://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Badge_of_Justice (same thing)

All that proves is that bg marks exist in wotlk which is not what is being discussed here. It mentions nothing of what happens with accumulated marks/honor during the transition.

Do you really not think that, if they were converted during the transition, that it would have been explicitly documented somewhere?

2 Likes

Probably not. It was a long time ago.

Every change is documented - especially those of changes that took place regarding expansions.

We’ll see. I for one will go with what pretty much everyone I’ve asked in-game says (honor->gold).

Honor cap also increases in wrath if I remember right like chest is 63,000. So even a capped player won’t get a huge head start. Might be remembering wrong though.

My bet is marks will be exchangeable for honor now with zero value and you’ll be able to carry the 75k cap into wrath, not really sure where the gold idea comes from but ya never know. Unfortunately your cap doesn’t increase, certain gear costs 60k+ so you really have to spend as you get. However honor is much quicker to earn.

1 Like

some clarity on this topic would be great

1 Like

Blizzard, please tell us what you plan to do on this subject : honor+marks.

1 Like

Times change and there are #somechanges

We don’t know for sure what Blizz will do but likely they will let them carry over as they did in TBC

The honor pieces in Wrath seem to be much more expensive than what they are in TBC. Not sure it’s really worth it to get honor capped for one piece of gear.