TBC era servers / TBC was my personal Classic+

With Classic Era servers popping again and the recent Hardcore trend, there has been more and more discussion of Classic+.

For me, personally, the Burning Crusade was my Classic+.

I started mid-TBC. Maybe it’s just nostalgia, but, after playing both Classic and Classic TBC when they came out, I realized that TBC expanded upon everything Classic was about but still kept that Classic feel. For me, things start to feel different in WotLK, that’s when everything started to feel modern. That slower, more hardcore and progressive feel started to fade. Besides, it’s my personal opinion that TBC should have always been in the base game. The Blood Elves, Illidan and Outland have huge lore significance and should have been present base game, and the Draenei and how Blizzard expanded on them, for me, fits the idea of Classic+ content.

I have no doubt we will get fresh Classic servers and a Hardcore Classic server, but, I fear that TBC will continue to be the red-headed stepchild; Classic servers will continue to pop and I’m sure WotLK will see a resurgence of players and continue to have a healthy lifespan, however, I feel there is no hope for TBC era servers. I know I’m in the minority when it comes to these Pre-Cata servers, but, regardless, I don’t see the harm in having maybe 3-4 TBC era servers, and, if it does pop off for some reason, maybe having a total of 6-7.

There is always hope for TBC Season of Mastery though. I imagine it would have to last longer, given how some people may want to include vanilla raids / vanilla raids may be included. I would like to see, ideally, a season of mastery server that progresses from Classic to WotLK, but that’s asking for a lot.

Sorry for the ranting. Just a dude who misses TBC and wishes it was the main content again.

23 Likes

Let’s not rebirth retail again

In my opinion, retail started with WotLK.

4 Likes

I’ll have to disagree. Horde Pallys/Ally Shaman + Flying Mounts started it all.

1 Like

I dont get ur posts on here at all. people bring up wanting to play new stuff/ for blizz to create something new and ur u always have to say no, dont bring it out, its not classic etc…etc… well yea thats kinda the point we want something new or something thats not vanilla b/c we would rather play it more the plain old snooze fest vanilla. i mean era servers stayed out and are permanent for a reason. just play on those with the community that wants to. stop shooting down other peoples idea/thoughts b/c they dont agree with ur vanilla mindset. u have a place to play it shouldnt matter to you

4 Likes

I would like Era TBC realm. Would play there

15 Likes

This thread’s topics include Classic+ and the defining line between Classic/retail. I’m not saying Classic+ can’t happen. I’m actually a huge supporter of Classic+ being developed. That’s why I have so much to say about the topic.

peoples opinion should be valued more if they started playing from2019 till now b/c nostalgia does not blind them. agree 100% @ytsur

but you are saying what should happen and what should not happen. who are you to say what other ppl should be aloud to play, and what they want. thats my point here. its every post that involves something like this. for u its either my way or no way!

1 Like

It’s a discussion forum. I’m not saying he can’t post about it, but I’m free to respond with my own perspective.

That’s me!

u did not start playing in 2019 its obv

1 Like

ht tps://ibb.co/2qfwQQ7 that good enough for ya? If not, perhaps a blue in the Customer Support section can confirm it.

im not going to that link

4 Likes

thanks again Vrakthris

1 Like

I was also hoping for a TBC Era server.

Im figuring with enough patience we may one day see one but its not for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

jesus the lengths u ppl go blow my mind, u all seriously have problems. but still what i said before still applys to u either my way or no way mindset. and there can be bad or wrong opinions and urs always is, isnt that crazy? vanilla has major problems and needs to be overhauled for classic + if u dont like that just go play on ur 100 pop era servers once classic + releases or w/e is to come

and what i said on another post i will say to you: vanilla only players or people that want no changes/useless ones/barely any. simple gameplay for simple minded people.

done with this convo

Well you are the one that was trying to make a point of it, not me.

I’m none of those. I chose Classic Era over the retail progression realms because its the obvious starting point for Classic+

not gonna lie
i heartily chuckled aloud

tbc was never my favorite but it would have been nice for those that want it to get a tbc era realm or two

2 Likes

wow finally! i think this is the first time someone from ur side has said something like this instead of just no! no! we only want vanilla! nothing else, only want fresh classic, or era, or classic plus but like 1-2 changes. maybe ur all not so bad after all

We gotta play the long game, just like we did with Era - both its launch and more current mini revival. No guarantees of course but if the future of “Classic WoW (1-80)” extends beyond the next couple of years one could reasonably anticipate or at least hope for a TBC Era option.

4 Likes

There was something about the raids, aye. Where all the content had mechanics like the raids made later in vanilla and where not doing the mechanics caused problems. Only thing which was annoying was group comp math.