TBC Dual Spec

No we don’t.

People don’t need to respec because no dungeon or raid requires a solid tank spec or a solid healer spec to complete.

A dps druid likely has the gear required to heal a heroic ramps run. It’s one of the easier heroic dungeons to complete.

So you want to play the game less to play the game more? Spec choice is a decision in TBC and it should have some repucusions.

What makes you think all people will want to tank/heal just because their class can? Take a look at classic, how many “dps” warriors are spamming LF tank for ?

I have 3 sets of gear as it is without dual-spec.

You mean reasons that benefit you not having to farm 100g a week?

Just the reasons you choose to ignore cause they don’t fit your agenda.

Do you remember wrath LFG when it launched and people cheesing queues by speccing tank for dungeons? I bet you don’t.

5k in TBC is NOT hard to get.

Unless it’s locked behind Kael it’s pointless setting a challenge to it.

There already is a way to work towards this goal. Play the damn game and pay for your re-specs.

24 Likes

No. Tired and worn out because that is the default the naysayers can come up with instead of providing an actual reason. I am thinking rationally while you’re feelers are being hurt. Dual spec would be a benefit. There is no denying that.

20 Likes

110% wrong. Any tank needs to be full tank spec or they get obliterated by raid bosses. Try again.

Huge assumption. Your counter point is terrible and actually doesn’t help your argument at all. It’s based off conjecture and assumptions. Not facts.

Why? Why should playing all specs and having the ability to freely change specs from raiding to pvp have repercussions in a video game? Sounds like you’re only trying to support your agenda with terrible excuses and narrow mindedness.

What makes you think people won’t be willing to swap specs to get stuff done faster? Again your argument is full of holes and huge assumptions. Completely pointless.

There are more positives having dual spec than without it. It is a huge convenience. Gold syncs won’t matter because of how easy it is to get gold right? You said so yourself that 5k gold is super easy to get so why even bother with gold syncs?

Again, you’re arguing using extremely shallow points that have zero merit other than “waaa but muh warcraft muh way”.

This part I get. I do remember people queuing in the LFG tool that was completely different from the one in TBC that had automation that didn’t exist in TBC. Are you even trying to create an intelligent argument here?

As I noted earlier, you contradict yourself. If gold is so easy to make then why worry about a gold sync with talent respecs in the first place? Oh right. You only care about your agenda. Gotcha.

27 Likes

In an era of World of Warcraft where hybrid specs exist and are used for that purpose (refer to Feral DPS Druids filling a tanking position for specific bosses in Feral DPS spec). Adding duel spec diminishes this as a feature where you could instead recruit a Warrior or Paladin who can just swap specs within raid. At the same time it will lead people to be pressured to be able to do both specs in raid with given encounters which trivializes difficulty. I am adamantly against it being added to TBC as it was not in TBC and harms those said aspects of TBC. Wrath will be around the corner.

Also to what you were responding to Thunda about and I will use your quote:

So prove him wrong. Provide hard indesputible facts that prove he is wrong rather than a baseless response that boils down to “You are lieing”

8 Likes

They didn’t answer it because the answer is obvious. Its gonna be a no from them dawg. Fresh only got a response because they are far more vocal than the dual spec people. TBH… Dual spec will probably be what makes me not play tbc classic. They wanna force a boost on us? fine. Dual spec on top of it… I’ll just go play something else.

5 Likes

Dual spec on top of the boost? Yeah I think thatll lose them a ton of money in subs. Dual spec people are not nearly as vocal as the fresh people. They aren’t even giving them fresh servers. Why do you think we’d get dual spec? If you say it benefits people then prove it. I say it doesn’t matter if it benefits players. Its a money loss for blizzard because a lot of people will cancel subs over it. I already hate the boost. I’m gonna deal with it. Add dual spec on top of it? I cancel all my accounts. Its not because of dual spec specifically. I’m not gonna play with more than one egregious change.

2 Likes

Its one time for the boost, so I am indifferent. The team has done an amazing job listening to the community. So long as they don’t introduce something that basically breaks the game in the name of a cash grab, I support them getting something from us just because they are listening.

2 Likes

Why specifically would dual spec harm your ability to play the game?

Is it going to detract from your raiding experience?
Is it going to harm your rep grinds in Heroic?
Will it make your BG or Arena Experience worst?

Like what argument do you have against it?

*** My argument for Dual Spec is as follows ***
Allowing all classes to have access to dual spec would increase participation in different facets of the game and will contribute to a larger and healthier MMORPG Community.

A great example would be for hybrid specializations like pve spec’d healers or tanks who are spec’d a specific way for Raid viability but outside of raids are lackluster. Having the ability to switch your spec without a respec fee will allow them to maintain a spec they may find personably more enjoyable outside of raids and then to swap back if guildies set up a heroic or some other activity without the barriers that we saw throughout WoW classic.

During classic, many of these types of specs (myself included) did not want to respec to run spontaneous activities like Guild Group BGs or World PvP because the cost of swapping back and forth was just too much.

Honestly, I feel that the re-spec mechanic actually resulted in a larger portion of the population raid logging rather than participating in activities that would have been a lot more fun if they would have had the option to dual spec.

29 Likes

I would rather their cash grab be something like paid race change. It would be taken advantage of by alot of players that want to min-max to the best race without giving bots and gold farmers an easy avenue to fast track to max level to start their business faster when they get banned.

1 Like

What barriers? I healed every single dungeon I felt like without spending more 14 pts in resto.

So you want someone without appropriate gear getting smashed tanked for you? Or how about dying to a dispelable debuff you can’t remove? Or how about being unable to DPS down the first mob before the healer runs oom?

Those are all things I saw in TBC without dual-spec getting in the mix. 2-3 days worth of dailies MORE than covers any respec costs. Heck, 2-3 stacks of addy ore will cover a respec cost alone, and thats something any spec can farm.

Yes, People with no clue on the role they’re performing is detrimental to a raiding guilds motivation.

Yes, Extra rep bills, wipes and general inefficient play makes what should be a cakewalk painful.

Yes, Losing a close game cause someone can’t secure a kill at the right time is demoralising.

2 Likes

I’m assuming you played as an enhancement shaman throughout Classic Based on your profile. Which I’m sure you enjoyed. Most DPS/Pure classes aren’t as affected by the lack of a Dual Spec option as much as Tanks or Deep resto spec’d healers (outside of maybe Disc). These kinds of non-dmg specializations would often just get rolfstomped in the open world on most PVP servers. So granting them the ability to have an alternative spec that allows them to Farm or PvP would be ideal – It will also increase their participation in different facets of the game.

Additionally, I would argue, Dual Spec would be great for people like yourself that maybe Main a DPS specialization but also carry an off-set for healing that would allow you to heal a spontaneous heroic with your guildies if they needed it.

Or if you are a competitive arena player and you have several talents that are critical for optimal arena performance that you forego for your most optimal PvE raiding spec.

Overall my argument is that having access to a dual spec option that allows you to feel like you can participate in any facet of the game without feeling penalized is only going to increase participation, which will strengthen the community and longevity of TBC classic.

I’m not really sure what you are trying to argue here. If you feel like elaborating or clarifying I would be happy to respond.

Dual Spec I believe would actually encourage people to have an OPTIMAL raid spec that will actually be more beneficial to the raid where they forego talents that they may not have given up without the dual spec option b/c of how expensive it is. A great example of this can be seen across several specializations in TBC. I believe your argument actually further supports having a dual-spec

So with Dual Spec that means when people step into a heroic they will be able to bring their most optimal build and spec which will actually reduce repair bills, wipes, and inefficency. It looks like you are once again supporting my point.

I think your argument here once again supports Dual Spec. People that queue for random BGs or Arenas will now be bringing their most OPTIMAL spec which will increase the performance of the individual and the team they are supporting.

Overall, I think your arguments are mostly supporting the fact that having a Dual-Spec option where it allows people to bring their MOST optimal spec to different facets of the game, without the respec cost penalty, would be better for the game.

11 Likes

Why not wait until Wrath classic? You know, the expansion it was actually a feature in. If we are going to take stuff from Wrath and put it in BC, why not add DKs and 10 man Mag/Gruul/TK/SSC/Hyjal/BT/Sunwell?

7 Likes

No lie… it would be neat to see those as 10 mans XD. But that would be a nightmare in itself for the developers.

3 Likes

Well it also depends. They may be the same spec but be swapping between PvP Talents and PvE talents or Dungeon/Raid talents so they would have the gear with a few pieces (in the case of a dungeon build and raid build) that they would need to swap.

Right now, if they were to let you dual spec, I expect they would also charge you a fee to do it.

Rest assured, there will then be people on here who defend the move to pay $ for the right to dual spec.

1 Like

If having to respec is so inconvenient then why stop at dual spec?

Finding groups for dungeons/raids is such a pain - why not have a button to press and Blizzard will find you some single service friends to help you complete the dungeon/raid. You won’t even need to say a word to them.

Better get rid of those open world group quests too - wouldn’t want to inconvenience someone by having to find help to complete a quest.

And this whole loot drop RNG is so inconvenient. Let’s just all get our own personal loot from bosses so that you can stop caring about helping your fellow raiders.

Of course, all of these things have been done in retail and it’s why a lot of classic players stopped playing retail. These so called ‘inconveniences’ a big part of why players feel attached to their characters and the community.

It seems inevitable that classic will eventually progress to WotLK and beyond - for me this is when the soul slowly gets sucked out of the game and I’ll probably stop playing again. But I’d like to avoid that for as long as possible.

17 Likes

Dual spec will keep people playing longer. Virtually none of the people saying they’d quit because of it actually will.

13 Likes

That is not a meaningful choice, it’s an annoyance. And WoW has not even been an RPG where choices REALLY matter. Ever.

11 Likes

Gold is significantly easier to get in TBC, and respec is still capped at 50, so its really not a big deal like it is in vanilla.

1 Like

You could literally have all of that, but have Dual spec actually exists for convenience. AKA must be in a town/pay a fee to swap. But lets be honest, the way the meta has worked in Classic, if your not the right spec for something, you likely just won’t do it, and thats a horrible from a game design perspective.

Hell, we could just have a PVP spec that is active when in Arena/BG’s and that would be fantastic.

12 Likes