TBC Classic, prepatch leveling

If they force people to start level 1’s, i’d say 90% of the population is going to reroll horde. That’s actually against what we want, right?

2 Likes

That’s probably true, and more of a long term issue. The bottleneck in HFP will clear up eventually, but the faction imbalance will stick around for a while. Honestly, I hadn’t even thought about that cause I play on PvE servers and those will probably still be mostly Alliance.

Looking for layer 475 invite, pst

2 Likes

It’s also quite likely to result in a massive faction swing towards horde, which would be pretty detrimental.

That said, I also, plan on rerolling BE-Paladin regardless, same as I did in OG tbc. So I won’t really personally care if they do entirely fresh realms, I just don’t see it being a good idea for faction balance, nor do I think that the invariably over entitled playerbase would be able to handle “losing” their current characters (even though I’m 100% of the belief that the only two options that should be authentically given to players at TBC launch is “go forward into tbc with the character” or “wipe it and start over on a fresh vanilla realm”… I don’t think there should be a single option that lets people unauthentically exist in the post naxx-vanilla timeline past the TBC launch window)

I mean retail is all horde, might as well have TBC all horde.

You won’t stop people from going to a faction that has an advantage, look at classic.

95% of players min/max, so ofc they going horde.

3 Likes

As others have said, the BE/Dranei characters will be taking strain off hellfire peninsula, and as a result should not be rolled early.

It’s going from 3 starting areas to one. Not a good plan.

They will just have more layers overcrowded is overcrowded

Classic is retail.

Same sub, built off of legion architecture, bnet included and same playerbase mentality.

Retail was a term created/used by private server players when they did not have an option to pay to play a vanilla version of the game and now they do.

Welcome to retail.

3 Likes

So I can play a demon hunter in classic!?!?

Not in classic but you certainly can in modern wow, but to call it retail when you yourself are paying for it too is just funny.

1 Like

well if they do it like calssic with the last patch always up 1-60 will be 40% less XP needed

cause thats how every TBC sever worked right? RIGHT!!!

Hard pass. 1-60 is what classic is there for. They should limit the amount of gold and items that can be transfered. But imo leveling another gnome lock to 60 again is just a waste of time. Nobody wants to run deadmines again on a BC server. We want BC content, that’s whole point of a BC server.

Fresh start only for 4 weeks. 4 week transfer/pre-patch period. Everything locked at 60. After the transfer window it’s back to fresh start only and Outland opens up. That give us transfering an actual pre-patch, which was a actual thing that happened, and gives fresh/rerolling players 8 weeks to hit 60.

3 Likes

Leveling for few month in classic zone before stepping into BC? No, thank you. You can start from lvl1 and I want to continue from my 60s like it was when TBC hit the servers. It also probably will be character copy like for PTR so they can limit gold that you can take.

1 Like

can you just imagen the lauch with everyone in hellfire…least with classic you had 6 zone’s to spred people over two continents but TBC you don’t get that you one small zone for

2 Likes

few months… lol raids still will be cleard in the first week.

3 Likes

Blizzard is not going to make everyone relevel from 1. It’s not even a remote possibility. It’s not going to happen. There might be a gold cap, but it’s going to be higher than epic flying mount cost.

1 Like

That’s what layers are for.

Literally already have a means to fix the situation people are fearing.

Do you think because we had 3 zones for level 1 toons on classic launch it wasn’t crowded??

They will just add more layers. Imagine 30 layers.

The only people who want fresh are pirate server players. The only way they can get deadmines groups is by forcing everyone to start over every couple of months

1 Like

Literally no one is asking for this.