TBC Classic, prepatch leveling

Let us roll space goats and proper elves during the prepatch so we can level together in Hellfire penn.

17 Likes

They should release TBC dungeons during the prepatch as well so i can start gearing

They should just give us TBC now.

40 Likes

TBC should be fresh from lvl 1. No one can change my mind on this one. Too much gold in the world atm and people who had an army of alts for crafting professions ready to go.

39 Likes

I can smell the poor on you lol

10 Likes

We don’t want space goats stinking up Ironforge sooner than they need to be

2 Likes

Transfer servers, fresh servers,

Stop being a greedy mutt

3 Likes

Nah, making people go back and level when TBC comes out will help server loads and cut down on the madness in hellfire for a week or two. It’s a good thing.

11 Likes

Hoping TBC will be fresh

11 Likes

The linear evolution of this post is “BFA Classic”
And I don’t think there can be another kind of evolution bc that would mean developers would change the steps in between which seems very very very unlikely bc it would e very very expensive for Blizz.

The only reason i’m playing classic is so all my titles and the reputations i’ve grinded will carry over. The gold argument has been debunked 100 times.

3 Likes

A bit torn on this idea…

pros:

• People could be caught up with their friends/guildies and not miss the first week/weeks of raiding in tbc, or the (lengthy) attunement grind.

• It means preppers (like myself) would garuntee that we keep any accrued leveling/BoE gear and profession mats already in reserve for our TBC classes

• Rerolls might even have the chance to get a raid lockout or two done and get fed some raid gear before heading off to tbc zones.

Cons:

• Boosting would immediately be the primary way to level for those toons and that’s not ideal since non rerolls would have little better to do.

• It will only further encourage BE rerolls, particularly from alliance… (the way your post is worded, OP, suggests that you would be one of those)… This is concerning from a faction population balance perspective.

• Outside of faction balance concerns, there’s the generalized population concern with EVERYONE then dumping out into HFP as soon as the gates drop. This is actually a rather huge problem considering a number of the classic realms are already way overpopulated, and the TBC world of outland is already considerably smaller than vanilla’s.

3 Likes

Won’t be out before Oct 2021. And it’s possible we don’t see it until 2022.

2 Likes

There’s not enough content in classic to wait that long. They’re risking losing a ton of subs. Not sure if blizzard cares or not, they lose subs every time theres a drought (which is every expansion now) and they don’t seem to care.

2 Likes

I think Blizzard is hoping that a lot of us who came back for classic will give retail another go. Some people probably will, but not as many as they are hoping.

3 Likes

It really hasn’t though… in any meaningful way. The only thing people against economic resets come up with is that the neckbeards will just farm up more gold at a faster rate than casuals would… which, is entirely irrelevant to the point of economic resets to begin with. The neckbeards are going to do that regardless, they’d just actually be reset back to starting from the same or a similar position rather than already having a sizable, if not gargantuan, head start.

I 100% agree that characters and titles/mounts/gear etc should carry over… but even as someone who would be a primary beneficiary of not having an economic reset, I’m more inclined towards the idea than opposed specifically because of how trivial TBC gold sinks are already going to be. As it stands I’m going to have the gold to purchase multiple toons epic flying immediately (the real handicap there will be simply actually leveling them all) and still have 50k+ in liquid gold… and that’s in addition to mats to boost my Elf-Paladin’s professions (smithing, JCing, AND enchanting for when I drop Smithing after T5), a full compliment of enchanted BoE leveling gear (for both prot and ret), and the mats to reroll 3 of my current character’s professions to better tbc money makers.

1 Like

So you have a ton of gold…and? You aren’t going to do anything thats gamebreaking with it. Everything you said you were going to do with it is perfectly fine. There is nothing inherently wrong with having more gold than most other people. You’ll have an easier time levelling and gearing alts. Other people won’t. No reason to take your gold away because of that. You put in more effort and should be rewarded for it (unless you bought that gold).

1 Like

Inflation is an issue that works against the design of the game, and would have a larger impact on players who haven’t accrued as much gold.

For example, Epic flying in actual TBC was something that more or less took the entirety of your 60-70 leveling gold if you where thrifty, much as your 40 mount in vanilla often takes more or less the entirety of your 1-40 gold.

The game is simply balanced around certain expectations of players having or not having specific amounts of gold. Our collective knowledge of the game, and ability to game the systems with that knowledge are economically breaking the game in ways that it simply wasn’t designed to account for, and at a scale that is dramatically bigger than the relatively few and obscure outliers in the original timelines had managed.

Doing some kind of gold cap/reset at least mitigates some of that, and provides a more authentic overall economic experience for everyone.

4 Likes

This is, IMO, the best argument for a fresh start. Imagine fitting several thousand players into HFP all at once. Unless they have about a hundred layers, it’s going to be a lagfest. Some of it will be mitigated by geared players instance grinding the first few levels, but then the game will have to run thousands of instances of Rapms.

Me personally, I’m probably gonna reroll either way.

3 Likes

I’m not against a gold cap. I can see how it’d be beneficial to each server. However, I don’t like seeing gold as an argument against bringing our current characters into TBC.

I, personally, do not see how someone having more than you hinders your ability to play the game as authentically as you’d like. You want epic flying as soon as you can, more power to you. As for inflation, that kind of self balances out. Theres only so much a small population of people can do with a large quantity of gold. If there are guilds full of people purposely manipulating the market, blizzard would probably step in and handle that.