TBC Classic - Cannot claim Netherwhelp Collar

I have about 6 wow accounts in total, only one of which I use for Classic. I have the original collector’s edition for TBC registered on my battle.net account but on a different wow account from the one I use today for classic.

I have a Naxx geared level 60 Druid I intended to main in TBC as well as a 6 month sub already purchased intended for TBC. I did all of this before knowing about the netherwhelp being gated to the one account.

I feel as though I’m being robbed of something that is mine because of technicalities. I’ve been looking forward to TBC for years and when I heard I could use my Netherwhelp I was beyond ecstatic.

I’m feeling extremely sour over this. Is there any way to escalate this issue? I would be fine with having my main character transferred to the other account, or have the CE somehow transferred to my current account.

I read a Blue post that says its possible to move a license from one account to another. Can I do this?

1 Like

Just to be certain I understand you. You have the WoW license you play in Classic on a different Battle.net account?

Assuming that Battle.net account and the one you wish to move it to are all registered to you, and you have room for it (i.e. Battle.net accounts can have up to 8 WoW licenses on them), we should be able to help.

Keep in mind, all account bound items, achievements, appearances, toys, etc… will remain with the source Battle.net account.

The Collector’s Edition cannot be transferred to another Battle.net account. Well, technically the license that it is on can be but the toys, mounts, pets, etc… on the account will remain behind on the source Battle.net account.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the swift response, Vrakthris.

They are both on the same Battle.net account now, I had my old account transferred from my old Battle.net to my new one last year. Does that mean my CE is lost? :scream:

The account the should have the original TBC CE is called MACCAW. My account I use now for Classic is named WOW4.

I have the Netherwhelp on my collection in my current Battle.net account, but I’m unsure if the physical item still exists on my old account. I do not have a current sub on it to check.

Yeah, that status would have remained with the Battle.net account it came from. Odd that you have the Netherwhelp, but my guess is you may have had the physical item still when you had the license moved so the Netherwhelp would have been able to be added to your current collection on this account.

From what I can see you fully transitioned all licenses off that account. I don’t know if it would be recoverable at this point. You can certainly submit a ticket to ask, our account service staff would be able to check.

3 Likes

I do have a ticket open, and the first response I got was this:

Game Master Trilieos here to address your recent ticket. I read that you were not able to pick up the quest in Classic TBC to obtain the Netherwhelp pet and you weren’t sure why. I’m sorry that this happened since I’m sure it was a bit jarring to experience. I can expand on this and explain what happened here.

In order to get the quest for the Netherwhelp pet in Classic TBC, the account that the character is on must be the one that has the Standard TBC Collector’s Edition claimed. In cases where someone may have multiple WoW games and they don’t have it on that one, then the option will not be there. As this is working as designed, we woudln’t be able to grant that quest to any character on the other WoW games that you may play.

Also note that these pets are not account wide like the pets and mounts in Standard WoW.

I know that this may be a mixed bag of an answer, but I hope that I could expand on the why. I also realize that your time is valuable both inside and outside of the game. So, I appreciate your patience while this ticket was answered. If you have anything else in the future just reach out and let us know.

I thought there’s got to be a way so I tried the forums.

I wanted to add some feedback to this post as I’ve been in the exact same situation as Luka. I transferred a character off my account with the Netherwhelp in my bag in 2008 I believe and my first account has laid dormant ever since. Both are now on my same Bnet account as well (the physical item on both still) and it really does feel frustrating as an owner of the guy to even have to consider paying two subscriptions to use him. The main thing that bothers me is when I consolidated my accounts to the same bnet a month ago I was told there is absolutely no way a key could be transferred so I went ahead with it. To quote the OP “I feel as though I’m being robbed of something that is mine because of technicalities. I’ve been looking forward to TBC for years and when I heard I could use my Netherwhelp I was beyond ecstatic.” This is exactly how I feel about this situation as a long time player. At the end of the ticket I had open for about a month I was told there is no way this could be done. If there is a glimmer of anything that can be done regarding this it would certainly be appreciated. This pet meant a lot to me when I was young and first started playing WoW.

Thank you for all your help and information regarding this, I do understand this is a rare case from both of us but from a feedback perspective it really does hurt being unable to use the guy in Classic on my current account used for retail.
Box

1 Like
1 Like

I understand and respect those are places to post feedback about the game, I felt the post above was appropriate to the discussion being had from the OP as it’s the exact same situation.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with your post, it was more a suggestion to post where the ones who make decisions about the game would look for feedback/suggestions. Enough feedback in the right location can lead to change. Just look at the price change for cloning.

4 Likes

While this is true, I don’t think enough people are affected by this unique issue to get a lot of traction. I did make a post in the General forums and it got zero replies or likes. :frowning:

1 Like

I certainly respect the aspect of providing feedback for the developers regarding this on the forums/in game feedback tab (I have done this in game regarding the subject). However I agree with the OP that this is a difficult case that not many players are ever going to encounter so it’s hard to bring it to attention. The fact we are both here posting about this shows how important the CE pet is to us. Luka, I would be happy to add some feedback and support on your thread in GD if you have a link to it in the chance it gets looked at.

1 Like

Here’s the link, I’ve also updated it with the newest info:

1 Like