TBC Classic Addons

Noticed on Curseforge that there are no addons for 2.5.1. Will the ones for classic work for TBC?

1 Like

I think that’s what we’re going to find out when the servers come back up.

1 Like

Simple answer, no. Blizz made changes to both file path and lua in TBC so TBC addons will not work in Classic. Classic wont even recognize them. However “some” classic addons “may” still work in TBC jsut make sure you use the _classic folder for tbc addons and the _classic_era folder for classic addons. Most of the addon updaters now have a new dropdown for TBC addons too.

Basically none of my classic addons work. This is awesome. (not)

4 Likes

The game is really unplayable for me until some of my addons are updated. I wish these addon updaters were on the ball… happy to move to the first updater who filters Classic Era and TBC properly and have a selection of TBC addons ready to go.

5 Likes

Wow that’s a pretty rude take on updating free software.

These people generally don’t make a dime for the work they put into these addons, and you’re over here “CHURN THEM OUT FASTER, SLAVE”

25 Likes

I was talking about the addon updaters, like WowUp and Curse. Looks like WowUp has added support today.

1 Like

private server addons work

I switched to WowUp as my CurseForge appears to be unable to recognize that Classic is now the TBC version. Now to wait for my preferred UI to update.

1 Like

I’ve managed to get most of my add-ons up and running this morning before work. If you’re already in-game while you update, it won’t recognize them until you close the game and re-open it (not logout, exit the game entirely).

ElvUI, Questie, weakauras, auctionator and a bunch of others are all working now.

Can’t seem to get the BC version of dbm though, it downloads retail dbm when i select that file. Not really in a hurry with that one though, don’t need dbm to level.

Wowup is working just fine for me (v2.3.0). The only hiccup I have seen is with Weak Auras as it has two separate updated files:

Weakauras-3.4.1-bcc.zip
Weakauras-3.4.1-classic.zip

Make sure you download the correct version.

I think blizzard are the bad guys here.
not only cant you keep your old character on wow classic but u have to pay to get it back if u dont ;ikre the change?
not forgetting the fact u pay for the game and u have t pay tp play as wel
shame on blizzard for being so greedy

I too like to scold people who provide me a free service.

Addon providers (no the developers) do generate revenue passively. This is a good opportunity to switch providers to the company that is more on the ball.

The Dropdown menu with the different versions of the game has disappeared on curse forge. Anyone have a status? Cant update add ons and nothing runs right. Game has become unplayable for me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.