TBC boost route

I tried to search for this information but couldn’t find it. IF mage boosting is no longer the case. I wonder which route should we take for boosting from 1 to 70?

What I usually do is find quests, accept them, and then complete them.

34 Likes

Would be funny if blizzard made a few adjustments so that boosting in dungeons would be gone. So many players would be lost, wondering what to do with themselves :rofl:

10 Likes

Prot pallies? They won’t be at the level of mages, but they’ll be your best bet. That said, they won’t get you to 70. Maybe somewhere around 50-60 is where they’ll drop off (at least before people get raid gear). You’re going to have to quest the last 10-20 levels though.

Edit: on the plus side, they nerfed the exp needed per level to 60, so it should be easier to just level the regular way. I started playing in TBC originally. I never had to go to Kalimdor to level as Alliance in TBC. In Classic you have to if you want to quest.

Boosting is only a little bit faster than optimal questing. Perhaps with the lower xp/hr from boosting, and the easier/more plentiful quests in the old world, boosting will be a thing of the past!

Who are we kidding, people are lazy af and would still boost even if it’s half as slow as just questing

1 Like

No boosts.

Go to retail if you don’t want to actually play the MMO.

1 Like

Boosting always existed since early Vanilla. Don’t tell people how to play.

1 Like

People boosting by paying or getting other players to kill mobs in dungeons or in the open world is fine.

Boosting by paying blizzard to instantly level without actually playing the game is not playing the game at all.

Don’t be pedantic.

3 Likes

I think you should probably look up the definition of pedantic.

No one even brought up paying Blizzard for boosts and I’m not sure how you could confuse the two when OP specifically asked for a “Boost route”, explicitly mentioning the mage aoe nerf.

Many posts above unnecessarily disparage your important question.

The route you will take is likely a protection paladin. The problem is that boosting gets nerfed in TBC, or so I’ve read, where mages cannot do it as optimally as they can do so now.

The other problem you will have is that protection paladin boosting will not occur until the paladins reach level 70 (most likely). It’s likely you will still have readily access to low-level dungeon boosting like RFC, VC, Stocks, SFK, and maybe SM.

Pallies fill the role well enough though it won’t be as fast
Don’t let the classic Andy’s tell you how horrible it is to boost, I leveled and then boosted an alt, both are perfectly valid

Hmm, you require x amount of time played in a class to become proficient at it. Boosting means that time starts at cap level instead of while you were leveling. If x is short cause you’re a fast learner, then that isn’t really a problem. If you’re a slower or average learner, then you’re sandbagging all your cap level groups.

Problem, is everyone thinks they are a fast learner. But reality is most just average or slow.

2 Likes

I recently grouped with a level 60 Rogue who asked, “Where is Booty Bay?” when people were telling him to take the boat to Ratchet. He later admitted he’d never been there nor even set foot in STV.

I don’t think it’s just an issue with people not becoming proficient with their class. They don’t even know much about the layout of Azeroth.

2 Likes

Mage AOE is capped so there won’t be much, if any, of it happening for boosts.

1 Like

My pallies lvl 42 now, been boosting since level ten, paying for it with deviate fish/loot from the boosts. Questing in vanilla is AIDS. And once I get to 60 i’ll probably sell stocks boosts then bid on raid items.

Well, boosting does neglect the whole process of an MMO, To be honest i am hoping they’ll get rid of boosting so many new 60s with level 20 or less greens… Can’t even contribute to a group unless they get carried by their own guild…

Half of them don’t even know how to play their class mechanically because they lost that type of feature doing the 1-60 grind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5cc_vJPXBM

You will do till 60 the same way boosting as now. There will be nothing faster for 60-70. Mob XP stays about the same with 2-3x the XP required per level. It’s the quests that give you the big boost on XP.

pallies will be doing boosting in tbc. I think not that much changes except now you can boost in LBRS since paladins can pull literally everything in there.

this happened in patch 2.3.0, so if they go with the last patch, yes you will be right