TBC advert spam is getting even worse!

I am NOT required to use such addons…just because blizz allows them does not mean it’s the solution. It’s too much to ask for the base game to function as normal then? It’s stated in EULA that adverts must stay in trade or you get banned. How does a global ignore addon fix the issue? It simply removes it from your view, further enabling them. All I am asking is WHO/HOW do I get in touch with someone from customer service who can tell the employees to follow up on reports? There’s sooooo many done daily, not just by me either.

You can’t. You report, it goes into the system and you move on with your life.

6 Likes

I didn’t say you were required. I said that they’re a valid option even if you seem reluctant to use them.

Not sure what you mean here. The game is functioning as normal.

Simply put, you don’t. You right-click and report and those reports go to the right people. That’s how you get them to see it.

9 Likes

Just to touch on this, you’re thinking of group finder, where they ban any form of AD in there. Chat channels are suggestions, not mandated to be X/Y/Z only.

6 Likes

Sure, if you’d like. You should expect to be reported for spam yourself, though. On the upside, you’d be quickly disencumbered of your belief that right-click reporting spam is ineffective.

6 Likes

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000187406 clearly says ‘adverts stay in trade chat’

Good eye. It’s inaccurate in that player-to-player commerce is NOT restricted to Trade chat.

3 Likes

"Selling items and services for gold is allowed but can only be advertised in-game through the Trade chat channel. Advertisements are not allowed in the Group Finder. The Group Finder is intended to help players find active groups that are being formed and advertisements make it difficult to find relevant groups." Group finder includes lfg channel in tbc

To be frank, you’re looking reasons to get someone action. What you’re linked is for retail group finder. It was made with retail in mind. Can’t really apply what meaning we want to it because it suits us.

1 Like

As I said, it’s wrong. Advertising is disallowed in Group Finder, but it is not restricted to only Trade chat.

Nor is Trade chat limited to only trade chat.

6 Likes

Can a blue clarify then? A blue said like 2 weeks ago it includes tbc lfg

i am posting here, due to the fact that zero action has been taken on the 100 accounts spamming lfg…it seems like there are zero people looking at tickets and just want a form of communication as to why, as a paying customer, i need to just accept the adverts shoved down my throat.

Sure.

Nowhere in the thread you’ve linked does any Blizzard representative say, or even imply, that the LFG chat channel is a part of Group Finder.

5 Likes

No, it isn’t. Not in the way you’re trying to swing. Group Finder is a whole different beast, since it didn’t exist in Classic/TBCC as it does in Retail.

Semantics aside, you’ve done all you can do. Right-click, report and move along. If they are breaking rules by spamming or selling services not allowed, Blizzard will handle it. But they will handle it in their time - not yours. They investigate each report to see if it’s a bot or a real player being ignorant. It could be (and likely is) stolen accounts at the helm. They don’t whack-a-mole sanctions, these things are typically handled in large waves that send players scurrying here to whine about getting caught up in them. Hang out here long enough and you will see it.

Is that the response you want? Not likely. But Blizzard does not, nor never has been one to strike one down with the ban-hammer just on another player’s say-so. You surely wouldn’t appreciate it if you got suspended or banned just because someone takes offense to your exulting other players to report someone. They take the time to watch and learn before anything happens.

7 Likes

Just to point this out: the EULA has nothing in terms of what you’re looking for.

Advertising. The Platform may incorporate third-party technology that enables advertising on the Platform and/or in certain Games playable on the Platform, which may be downloaded temporarily to your personal computer and replaced during online game play. As part of this process, Blizzard and/or its authorized third party advertisers may collect standard information that is sent when your personal computer connects to the Internet including your Internet protocol (IP) address.

2 Likes

…you linked the in game adverts allowed by blizz, if needed. this has zero to do with the in game advertising rule https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000187406 Read this link

That’s an article, not the EULA, like you said it is. That’s what Blizzard feel about things, not an outright rule on it. More to the point, trying to shoehorn a given thing.

From the blue post themselves:

3 Likes

You are literally complaining about advertising spam.

Also.

I want to see your proof. That there are 100 accounts specifically spamming and what characters have spawned from them to post. That Blizzard isn’t doing anything at all behind the scenes and that there hasn’t been any action whatsoever on each of those 100 specific accounts.

You lose credibility when you start with hyperbole. You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes, and you’re not entitled to know that. We never know what actions are taken, it’s between Blizzard and the offending account. You’re not entitled to anything more than server access. That is all that you’re paying for, so please stop harping on what you think your monthly subscription pays for.

But again, all of the back and forth aside - you have no other paths open to you beyond right-clicking and reporting. Move on from there. If you really are so upset over it, you have the option of enlisting an add-on. If you don’t, that is your choice. No one is forcing you to use it, but it does help with the quality of life while Blizzard works on things from their end.

4 Likes

political chat is not what we are talking about, so why bring it up? that is not the same as spamming adverts ‘soandso boost service selling xyz’ in lfg…would just love to be able to find a darn group in lfg w/o the adverts.

I’m going to go ahead and lock this topic since it immediately became combative and a discussion of hypotheticals.

If you think something said in chat is a violation of our Code of Conduct, please right-click and report it. Our Game Masters will have the final say in what is and isn’t a violation, but you’re welcome to report anything you suspect might be.

Perl is also correct to recommend addons. World of Warcraft offers, by default, several ways for players to control their social experience. However, if those features are not adequate to your desires then you may find that the community has created tools to allow you to modify your experience even further.

You are not required, of course, to use addons but you have that option available should you feel strongly enough about this subject and desire to control your experience further.

11 Likes