Tarren Mill vs. Southshore broken!

I’m just going to leave this here:

Alliance Queue Time: Says 3 mins, but more like 5-10.

Match 1: 22 vs 40 / 1 vs 8 heals

Match 2: 24 vs 40 / 2 vs 8 heals

Match 3: Joined in middle 28 vs 39 (losing badly with people exiting)

Match 4: Joined in middle 19 vs 40 (match was only 2-3 mins old, said they started with 15)

In all four we were getting camped at GY with no way of regrouping and guards dead of course.

I’m not going to complain about anything Horde vs. Alliance, all I’m saying is that this brawl is BROKEN and to please look into whatever system is matching teams.

5 Likes

I think there is a system that tries to prevent putting you into incomplete battlegrounds if you were recently placed into one partially finished and completed it, I’d have to look into it to see if it’s still around or if it is limited to dungeons. That could be one reason for the weird queue times. I’m not sure why the brawl is starting with such imbalanced teams.

1 Like

Since the original post I did 4 more. Only one of them were any better, and it started at 37-40.

1 Like

Hmm, I had heard of this yesterday so I watched the roster when I joined, it filled up normally for both sides, 35+, then the Alliance immediately started dropping (and then dropped even more after their wipe) so I’dunno? scratches head

It’s Friday so i can run more than one today so I’ll keep an eye out.

It’s the worst BG in the history of BG’s… mindless AoE spamming if you are not a stealth class . Seriously is this the best Blizz can do ?

1 Like

It’s not a BG, it’s a Brawl. They are “novelty content”.

2 Likes

Is ‘novelty content’ code word for stinking pile of dog poo ?

3 Likes

Exactly, but yet is has a quest and nice rewards behind it because without that no one would ever touch the PoS lag-fest.

I don’t know why they even have it in the game honestly. They should just rotate it out and let it die and languish. The TM/SS nostalgia has worn off.

2 Likes

Some weeks, yes. Some weeks, no.

When they originally released SS vs. TM it was fine. A lot of people queued it for many reasons, and earned their titles, and so forth. It wasn’t without its complaints back then of course but most of the complints I’ve seen since then haven’t been related to the Brawl exclusively. So I’m not convinced. The 40vs40 TDM is pretty popular.

Mainly I don’t like it because of the lack of traditional objectives … second the I don’t like that the fact that there are any guards at all . Just let the teams duke it out on an open field instead of hiding in their bases with guards which stretch the game out for long . Third I detest the lag… a constant mind numbing , soul crushing 3 sec lag .

1 Like

Or maybe Alliance healers are reluctant to queue for this one after witnessing all the carnage/constant losses? :thinking:

I notice on Tuesday most of my Alliance teams started off with a good amount of healers, anywhere between 5-7 heals. Yesterday I had two games Alliance side where we started off with only 2 healers :grimacing:

Often the simplest explanation is the right one

I know I wouldn’t want to heal this one if I were an Alliance healer, must be stressful :grimacing:

1 Like

So don’t queue it. It’s extra content.

1 Like

I don’t … I had to do it couple of times for the quest and then I did one last night as I was bored but never again.

it was never really designed as a BG map. TMvSS was created as part of an anniversary event specifically to pay homage to the old school wpvp fights in that zone. it was added back as a brawl due to demand from players.

4 Likes

TMvsSS is Blizzard’s response to the once-incessant calls for a pure deathmatch BG, so of course it wouldn’t have traditional objectives.

2 Likes

Then make it like that … take away the guards and for heaven sake make sure there is no lag . 40-40 open field , go at it .

The guards are there for two reasons:

• Prevents the game from always being won by the most recklessly aggressive team (chasing too far+hard == loss)
  • Extra authenticity to the original early vanilla clash

As for lag, that just comes down to Blizzard’s use of modern cloud infrastructure. The cloud capacity they allocate is less powerful than the dedicated server boxes they used to use and too small to handle 40v40. This is why world raids are also lag nightmares.

4 Likes

May I ask where you got this information? I ask this because I assume that most modern games today use virtual servers.

Blizz has mentioned a few times at Blizzcon and in interviews related to Classic that they switched WoW over to cloud providers like AWS a few years ago. WoW originally ran on dedicated hardware.