Tarren Mill vs. Southshore broken!

This isn’t a healthy or even mature response to any issue that someone brings up. If there’s a legitimate problem with games starting lopsided, it would need to be addressed instead of brushing it off as ‘extra content’.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t queue it except it has a quest tied to it that has pretty nice rewards.

Responses and attitudes like this are only part of the problem. I didn’t come on here to rant about losing. I posted because I believe there is a legitimate problem with the matchmaking system.

it’s actually a pretty good assumption, if this were my problem to troubleshoot that would be where i would start. if its not a resource issue then i would guess that its probably an issue with whatever container/hypervisor the shard instances are sitting in.

That could possibly be true, but why are the matches started so lopsided at all?

Personally I would rather wait in a 30+ minute queue for a fair fight than a 3 minute queue where there is a huge imbalance, be it total or just healers. Even when it’s imbalanced you will be camped in the GY for 10-20 mins before the match is over.

Personally I think there should be something implemented where there have to be a set number of dedicated healers per team and the match won’t start until there are at least a near fair number of people total.

I was directly involved in virtualizing a business that featured some cloud services and we saw a dramatic gain in performance. It detaches you from hardware limitations as the services aren’t “stuck on a box from 6 years ago”.

They clearly do have some horrid backend issues, but I’d blame old technology before I’d blame new technology. Like if their servers are still using Microsoft Access 2007 databases and haven’t been transitioned to SQL or something far more optimized.

It wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a lot of duct tape on the back end, with WoW not quite being the star it used to be. Getting budget and engineering time allocated for proper fixes probably isn’t easy.

Bliz keeps forcing me to queue for this one too.

2 Likes

the worst part is getting put into games that are already started
should be impossible for brawls…

1 Like

sometimes you gain performance, sometimes you lose it, it really depends on the workload. assuming the servers are linux, i’d want to keep an eye on ksoftirqd during a lag spike, and not just on the server, but the hypervisor/container host, as well as any non-asic based network equipment. it could be that the lag spike is not even in the wow server software at all.

I’m now sitting at 21 game losing streak. This morning Alliance is so defeated that people are leaving as soon as the score gets to them being around 5 ahead. I find it hard to believe that there are actually Horde players that are on big losing streaks or Alliance players that are on big win streaks like they claim in other posts. I would bet my account that some are simply trolling and lying to keep from Blizzard ever doing anything to help faction imbalance, which would mean a challenge for them.

The MAIN problem I have with the brawl though is still being set up to fail. Out of those 21 total in the last 48 hours, only 4 of them started at better than 35-40 odds. Only ONE were we equal on healers. THAT is being set up to fail regardless of what you want to say about how bad the Alliance is.

I haven’t seen games start lopsided have you? People leaving a couple minutes in don’t count.

You played the brawl the last 2 days? Plenty of Alliance games have started with only 2-3 healers while Horde got 6-8 healers. Let’s not kid ourselves, healers make a BIG difference in this bg.

I had one on Horde side where we only got 3 healers, but we had like 6-7 Boomkins so we were able to somewhat offset the lower healing with more damage. We ended up winning, but I could tell our healers were feeling it and running low on mana pretty fast.

got into one the other night where alliance had 8 or 9 healers and we had 4, we still steamrolled them.

2days ago. And I meant starting short players. Don’t really pay attention to healers.

I don’t count the healers either. The team with the smarter melee wins. It is unfortunate that one side of 40 players can lose the game because of 1-3 melee who feed the other team all game. These guys charge into never ending roots and get vaporized in less than a second.
For the guys with 18 losses in a row, I’m curious as to how many deaths they average per game. They are probably one of the largest contributors to the loss.

1 Like

This is true. Good dks will change games.

1 Like

Just being Horde makes you so good at the game.

I did 4 brawls on this guy this week and all started lopsided. 22 in the first one, 28 in the next, and around 35ish in the other two.

Blame the people who don’t take queues.

1 Like

waiter! this elf is too salty.

1 Like