Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment

When i take a look at the gains, i find the corruptions far too costly.
It would have been bearable if there isn’t a rotation but there is, so such a high cost is unacceptable.

1 Like

Why would you think that?

Why is cloak ranks 8-11 requiring 4 pages, a full clear to upgrade in one run? That is a very steep order at that insanity resistance and lack of Titanic Research Archive skill ups.

5 Likes

I wish we would have been given more notice regarding these changes, especially about the Echos and essences. I have not been slouching on purchasing essences for alts, but I had enough for two that I was still debating for the time being, and now I can’t even buy one. Whoever is in charge of implementation needs a reality check because this whole thing is a giant mess and not acceptable for a company like Blizzard, even with people working from home.

3 Likes

Due to a technical limitation, items that were cleansed before this update cannot be re-corrupted. New items can be cleansed after this update and then re-corrupted.

Extremely disappointing. I have several cleansed items which were 470/475 drops from the weekly M+ chest, and the message I get from this hotfix is to go pound sand.

But I guess Blizzard’s engagement metrics are more important than such trifling matters, right?

2 Likes

I am pretty sure the whole thing was handled by a junior dev who found it too challenging to add a new currency to all the places in the code and who begged his boss at the last moment to cut as many corners as he could so that he could get credit for finishing his 1st project.

lol right! Haven’t missed a 15 chest yet and still got crap corruption on my 475s stuff.

I recently returned after a three year break and couldn’t buy many essences on my main yet. The only essences that were available to me were easy to get, and I didn’t want to waste echos on them. I was holding out for some of the pita ones (Like the Eternal Palace and PVP essences).

Either way. Not a big deal, but still it’s pretty underhanded to give us so little notice before they devalued the currency.

Dear Blizzard,

Too late. Stop messing with us.

Best,

1 Like

I got the same ring 5 weeks in a row :smiley:

This creates a sudden, SUPERMASSIVE disparity between alts and mains though. MY alts that I don’t progress raid with are now able to mass buy corruptions that my main desperately needs but hasn’t gotten through RNG or the vendor due to no Echoes

2 Likes

My alts can no longer buy essences. I’m through with BfA.

Usertesting? LOL. This is the test.

Here’s how it works: you want something new, or you want something “fixed”, they will do it for a price. One demographic wins, and others lose.

Bad decision 1 was they decided to reuse a previous currency that had very irregular distribution rather than create a new one. But they like meta solutions, even when it breaks the game for outliers they can’t fit into it.

Because this is designed to give something to elite players, somebody had to give back something. That’s casuals like me whose alts were slowly farming up echoes to buy their essences. My alts can’t buy essences anymore.

I guess if everybody felt equally good about the game the devs would see this as a design failure.

Alts without the cloak are now blocked from receiving echoes. So you are seeing it right now.

I’m amazed that people who recognize the issues with corruption from its start and the many ways in which this vendor thing is a botch job somehow think there will be no unpleasant surprises with gearing in Shadowlands. Faith is an amazing thing.

2 Likes

I’m unsure how “I’m glad there won’t be a TF/WF or Corruption system, or a replacement for either” actually translates to “I’m glad there will be no way to botch gearing”.

I’m quite certain they are going to jack up something, something pretty important. The Covenant system seems to be a point of contention right now, and will likely remain so.

I simply meant that it will be nice to not have the added layer of RNG that comes with item drops not just being what they are (meaning, there is always a chance for the exact same thing only slightly better, or massively better, leading to the endless carrot chase).

LOL. You’re so sure there won’t be any “replacement” for the systems you hate. Because Ion said it and it must be true.

Good luck with that.

1 Like

I mean, they’ve been saying there would be no system to replace TF/WF since they were planning on removing it and replacing it with something else for the current raid their…not just Ion, but anyone from Blizz who spoke about it.

I’m not dumb enough to think they couldn’t change their minds on this. But I am just dumb enough (I suppose) to hold out some hope that they will stick to their word on something.

So sue me. :woman_shrugging:

In terms of rate of acquisition, I think it’s only really decent if you only want to do and focus on one single thing.

If you play multiple specs or multiple types of content, you may want multiple corruption combinations to use for different things. IE: you may want a heavy versatility set for PvP, haste/truth for PvE or a DPS proc set etc.

From that perspective, we’re still pretty far away from most people actually getting to experiment significantly with corruptions.

I have the same question, wasnt this supposed to be reduced?

I also agree on the cloak comments for the lower levels. When you first get the 4 page quest you can not solo a full clear because you do not have the research, gear or resistance to do a full clear, so it still takes multiple runs for those ranks. Meaning it takes more runs for those early 4 page levels than 11-15 once you can full clear.

2 Likes

well, they actually said they were going to implement this, the notes insinuated it would be done this past tuesday

It only states they’re reducing the requirements for a quest that takes more than a single horrific vision, which they did. I don’t think they currently intend to reduce the requirements of the first 4 page quests. Technically the early 4 page ones can be done in a single vision, you just don’t have the gear/research/resistance to do it solo. You could do it in a group. I think it’s odd to not reduce those also though since it means anyone soloing them will need to do two runs for the first 4 page quests and then the higher ranks will only take them one once they can full clear solo.