Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment

what a joke, honestly… just gotta put one last grind in? you literally can’t resist, can you bliz? The whole cloak, and corruption and the lot is just horrible. I’ve never hated an ingame thing as much as i hate visions, I can’t for the life of me figure out how annoying AF modifiers are supposed to be fun.

Why do they need a cloak to earn them now.
I was happily grinding out my alt’s essences through emissaries,
Now I have to go through that stupid quest-line a bunch more times.

2 Likes

NO THANK YOU !!! I don’t need this crap,

I need REP REP please this new idea has nothing to do with helping people with unlocking races or flying ! I need BFA flying and legion Flying !

1 Like

Could we get an explanation as to why a rotation is necessary? Why should person X be able to get 1 or more of corruption Y because it happens to be up and they happen to have the currency, but then some other players finally farms the currency and just has to sit around and wait for what’s potentially weeks to buy the corruption because they missed it when it was up.

Or if you get an upgrade and want to replace that piece but need to re-corrupt it with the same corruption, you’ll just have to bank it until you have the currency + the rotation hits the one you want again.

I don’t recall ever seeing a rotation system like this in WoW before outside of I guess the black market AH. They use it in Warframe for things like Baro, a vendor that sells primed mods. I hate Baro, thankfully I’ve played that game long enough that I already have everything useful from him, but it’s an incredibly obnoxious system.

2 Likes

I am unable to purchase any because they do not show up at MOTHER. Any reasons why? Everyone else in my guild is getting them

It is called FOMO.

This is used often in Free 2 play games but sad to see it creeping more and more into WoW.

Try joining a group with one of your guildmates that can see the vendor items.

Why 4 and not 2 pages???

1 Like

I think people are confused you only need your main to complete the cloak quest to have your alts earn echoes.You don’t need all of you alts to run through the questline.

1 Like

I would just like to say thanks for putting Exp 3 on the vendor when any main who actually played the game as a main has no chance to buy it.

Add this to the list of good ideas Blizzard have had, but being utterly botched and hamfisted in execution.

3 Likes

This may have changed as of today.

Really? Let me find out.

You most certainly can afford it.

Weekly cache if you did at least a +15 last week = 1500
3 Horrific Vision clears 750 x 3 = 2250
Major assault = 625
Minor assault = 375
Emissary = 250

Total 5000

Yea I have about 10 toons with cloaks.
My toons without them have stopped getting Echoes as of today.

Mine, too.

They did this to “encourage” us into getting the cloaks on all our characters. It’s had the opposite effect on me. It feels like they’re trying to blackmail me into getting the cloak.

Last night I was intending to get the cloak on 2 more characters so I could be more useful in PvP, and get it sometime this week on the rest of my higher geared characters. But this came up and I ended up getting caught up on emissaries and buying essences on as many alts as possible. Today I find what a horrendous mess this implementation is and how my alts will no longer have access to essences. I no longer want anything to do with BfA content. I’m just going to farm gold until I can buy the brutosaur.

I fully expect it will be touch and go whether the game even survives shadowlands, based on the level of attention to detail we’ve seen in 8.3 and the horrible sendout that BfA will have because of it.

3 Likes

So I can’t see the things she’s selling on my Korgath toons.

I COULD see the things she was selling on this guy, though.

Please fix???

Yes, have been stuck at 750 here, penalized for unlocking all the off spec I could when it was new; my hunter hasn’t even got the echoes to buy them, so I would not have done that if I knew it would ruin me getting them.

Playing since beta phase 3, of vanilla, this is honestly the only thing I’ve seen that is close to the proverbial “slap in the face” worth leaving
for.

1 Like

They said they were going to try to fix it with restarts. But if you can find someone who can see it and have them invite you into a group, you should be able to see it too.

I’ve been saying since we got 8.3 that 8.3 was the alpha for shadowlands. I was kind of joking, but… /shudder

1 Like

Why is blizzard the king of ambiguity, not including the answer to this most obvious follow up question?

Yeah because I only 1 have piece of gear that needs it. Before it rotates away for god knows how long.
Meanwhile people who played the game less on a main can buy 5-6.