Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment

I started getting echoes on my main so you should be all good :slight_smile:

I do think the having to do all content to maximize the system is a problem also.

Maybe add a weekly cap and multiple ways to farm it. A full mythic raid could hit the cap or close to it by itself for example, then you could cap by doing a certain number of M+, even heroics could let you cap it, just with a lot more runs than M+.

if you had 2100, why didn’t you spend them when you have reached 500?

were you waiting for a main to finish unlocking one?

in any case, as long as the character has the cloak they should be getting 5x as many echos. its a soft reset because the currency will be able to buy corruptions but they didn’t want to zero out what people had saved up already.

A) Blizzard introduces new purchasable corruptions using Echoes of Ny’alotha.
B) Blizzard increased costs of all echoes-purchased items by 5x.
C) Blizzard increased drop rate of all echoes by 5x.

B was done because of C.
C was done because Blizzard didn’t want players who were unable to collect echoes (due to the system) to feel bad that they would effectively be behind those players who were able to collect echoes.

A better solution would have been to introduce a new currency that started all players at zero for the corruption vendor, and there would be no need for A, B, or C.

1 Like

So you do not have your bis corruption, and your complaining about the vendor, but you just stated you do the bare minimum every week, if you would have grinded like every1 else with a raid spot you would have your bis corruption.

real question is if you had the currency to buy essences why did you not buy them, obv they were not important to you, nothing to see here.

just speculation, but given the trouble they had adding mementos and echos the first time, they might feel like it would be technically harder to add yet another.
the easy part is changing the drop values and cost values.

the hard part is programming all the code to flag when and where and how things drop, imo.

really good idea to up the echoes but you fracked up a bit there like always. you added more echoes but you quadrupled the amount to buy the essence. i think the team should go back to school and retake the math exam’s.

2 Likes

Possible, but they’ve also stated they’re looking into the technical aspect of recorrupting cleansed items. Why is that technical difficulty something they’re looking into solving, but the technical difficulty of adding a new currency that wouldn’t affect any existing currencies, not deemed the same?

To keep people playing a poop patch

one invloves many different codes, the other should, “should” just be one code related to the gear flag. but i suspect, that maybe the issue is tied to M.O.T.H.E.R. like, if a different vendor handled the corruptions there wouldn’t be the same code issue.

or maybe the issue is that they didn’t actually Cleanse the gear and so it still has code issues from the past corruption.

i suppose, a dirty trick (which maybe thats how it works any how) would be to regenerate a new item with the same exact stats but with a different corruption.

or maybe, they could just flag it such than corrupted and non corrupted gear can be re corrupted. like replacing an enchant on an item that already had an enchant on it.

but again, just speculation. :thinking:

I am thoroughly confused. I avoided the whole Corruption stuff, because the currency system was too confusing. I bought my essences for my alts from the currency I received from WQ.

I guess the question I have is, am I starting over on working towards the essences on my alts, or do I continue as if nothing happened?

lol already seeing comments everywhere about people losing out on Echoes for their alts because they don’t have the cloak.

Literally zero reason to add an additional restriction unless Blizzard is just trying to hand-hold the people that might potentially buy a contaminant and corrupt their gear without the cloak. Not good enough IMO; learn from experience in that case.

This really blows as an implementation. My main is so far behind my alts because I had the completed the essence grind… They should have used the corrupted mementos or we should get missing echoes restored with earned echoes that we didn’t receive because we had all the essences.

2 Likes

Link to your source that shows how many players had their bis corruptions.

The real question is why you would think players would have every alt run to silithus to buy an essence the instant they had earned it. Are you trying to tell us that our trust in blizzard should be so low that we should always assume we are going to be shafted and behave accordingly?

That’s an odd message from someone who claims to be a blizzard supporter. Are you sure that’s what it told you to say on your checklist of lame excuses?

2 Likes

Hysteria is a bit over the top. Seriously.

The point is, regardless of the “what if” cases of any kind, that doing less content shouldn’t get higher rewards than doing more content.

If the currency was blocked for some players (specifically those who earned every essence) then those players should be compensated somehow for the loss of the ability to earn that currency. Do you understand? Or is that just too much for you to comprehend?

I personally know people who’d already gotten every essence on their mains and worked toward the ones they wanted on alts before the currency was even a thing that have upwards of 15 or 20k Echos today so they do, in fact, have enough to purchase an essence outright (the best one at that, should it show up on the vendor in the next couple of days) on an alt but can’t buy anything on their main.

That does not feel good.

If Blizzard was going to make the currency unobtainable by some players from the start they either should have converted the current amounts to gold and started from zero with everyone, compensated the folks who couldn’t earn at all with a “per rank 3 earned” amount, or used something everyone could already earn (like coalescing visions or war resources).

2 Likes

“if you would have grinded like everyone else you would have gotten lucky enough to get Masterful 3 out of your M+ chest or in your vision chests”

Do you realize how dumb that sounds lmao

2 Likes

These two angry posts in this thread are his only 2 posts ever in the forum. A curious pattern we see often repeated, new posters showing up to post angry, incoherent rants about other posters in threads pointing out major game flaws.

The inventory of available Preserved Contaminants will change twice each week, mirroring the Assault cadence, and will cycle through all available Corruption effects at various levels of potency.

Overall these are good changes but can we just stop and talk about this rotation of available Contaminants? Most classes are already targeting a very small subset of corruptions and putting in this weird rng/timegate cavet is just going to make people salty. (I.E Imagine Masterful Rank 3 is available for a couple of days at the start…only to have it disappear for a month before it might show up again)

I don’t know it just seems like an unneccsary layer of rng/timegate to fix a hardcore rng problem. Maybe others like it but I’m sure many people would agree to just have static corruptions available is preferable. (I’m not digging into the Echoes Hoarding/headstart some people have since enough people have written down their disappointment/anger regarding that)

My 2 Cents, Cheers

So, just stack secondary stats, because that’s fun and exciting? No thanks.

I’d simply rather not have corruptions at all.

DPS and Tanks get flashy corruptions that make their jobs easier, all healers get is boring secondary / tertiary stat buffs.

Only thing I’m looking forward to is I might be able to finally stomache doing horrific visions long enough to upgrade my cloak, because I wasn’t gonna do it before.

1 Like