Target Nearest Enemy Macro not working anymore

Hello,

Throughout all recent expansions, I was using the following macro which simply lets me target the nearest enemy that my character is looking at, without cycling, even when spamming the macro key.

/cleartarget
/targetenemy

Since the pre-patch of Dragonflight, it seems this macro doesn’t work anymore as it doesn’t seem to be doing the “cleartarget” part of the macro anymore. It targets an initial enemy, then just never seems to switch after I try targeting different ones. If I manually type both commands by hand in chat, it works just fine, but somehow doesn’t work with a macro, not quite sure what is going on, anyone else can confirm this?

I can modify the macro and add “[noexist][dead]” to the target part so that it lets me target on/off the nearest enemy, that makes the macro work somewhat, but that’s not how I want it and how it used to work for all previous expansions (this way cycles through targeting on/off and not what I need).

4 Likes

Is this for classic or retail ?

For Retail.
Sorry, somehow my classic character was selected on the Forum.

edit: That reminds me too, this macro works perfectly fine in Classic at the moment, but doesn’t in Retail. Unsure what could be going on.

Having the same issue - have you figured anything out?
I have a rogue macro for pickpocketing that I have been using for so many years I don’t even remember, now with DF it doesn’t work, just stays stuck on the same target.

Anything that is suppose to “fix” it is just as buggy as the /cleartarget only halfway working. End result is that /cleartarget needs to be fixed. It only works half the time no matter what we do still. Annoyed by the silence of this from devs

1 Like

Sane issue for me. I just renewed after a year with gold, but this issue has stopped me in my tracks. I will NOT be buying Dragonflight until it’s fixed.

I’ve been having a similar problem playing with a controller using action cam, there seems to be a bug with the game clearing targets, it constantly gets stuck targeting corpses and I have to click to clear the target by clicking my mouse. I can still melee but targeted abilities won’t work because I’m stuck targeting a corpse. Sticky targeting isn’t turned on.

Thank you for posting your macro, even if it doesn’t totally work it should help me with my problem, I hope by posting this I can raise more awareness about this issue and help anyone else in the same boat as me.

1 Like

Truthfully if we could make a macro click 2 abilities then we could probably stick a /cleartarget into another macro by itself and have that hopefully work, but pretty sure that’s bannable

Surprise surprise, the new sucky target system arrives and the old one collapses