Target nameplate range cap in BGs

Anyone else notice they put a range cap on your target. For example you use to be able to target the enemy flag carrier from your own base and the nameplate would show up no matter where the flag carrier was.

Now it seems to be range capped and the nameplate will only show at a certain distance

38 Likes

I noticed this too.

3 Likes

Yes. It’s absolutely horrible. It feels unplayable as a healer. I hope it was unintentional. If not, it might be the nail in the coffin for me. That’s how it was in Classic…they are reverting oof…

14 Likes

Yep, my partner who does WPvP and I were just commenting on this. This is not a good change.

6 Likes

That sounds like the behavior in Battleroyal mode.

3 Likes

They had exactly the same issue a while back. Funny how they do it again.

1 Like

yeah a friend recommended trying /script SetCVar(“nameplateMaxDistance”, 41) but that didnt seem to work for targetted nameplates beyond that distance. it really makes bgs awful to play

This is going to be horrible in RBGs as well

“Anyone got eyes on the EFC?”
< silence >

And inb4 look at map … its not always accurate nor detailed enough.

7 Likes

Yeah, this is pretty unbearable.

10 Likes

Yes, I thought my UI or settings were bugged. Can no longer click on flag carriers to see where they are… even when playing a Hunter, basic spells casted at a greater range than the name plates, can’t even see who I’m attacking.

4 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to hop on my priest yet… Does this apply to preventing a priest from using Mind Vision across the battleground? Because that was damn useful for battleground intel.

3 Likes

You can still target people, you just can’t see the nameplate. IIRC, this has happened before after a patch and they fixed it within a week. Hopefully it is not intentional.

3 Likes

I don’t think they would do it to teammate nameplates if it was on purpose

Probably a bug but still shouldn’t be a thing.

1 Like

nameplateMaxDistance is capped at 60 for me

Typical blizzard focused on an 8hr maintenance for an all out pvp alternative, instead of fixing current content. so the fix will be done in about Season 4 start

4 Likes

After playing a bit of the new Plunderstorm game mode, I have a suspicion that the nameplate distance code between those two games may have gotten a little mixed up. You’re only able to see the nameplates of the players close to you, and you are unable to target people much farther than that. So the nameplate distance code may have gotten messed up with this patch

5 Likes

Yes please fix thankyou

5 Likes

I just posted about this too. I’m glad to see I’m not going crazy. It’s so irritating! Makes the flag carrier BGs unplayable for me because I’m a big EFC attacker. Last time this happened it took like over a month for them to fix too. I really hope they can address this more quickly this time ugh

2 Likes

It’s not just a problem for EFC and FC tracking. It is also a huge boon to stealth classes since you can’t keep track of them. It’s impossible to know which bases might be in danger of being hit by multiple stealth classes and makes INC or warning calls on stealth not possible.

BGE and nameplate tracking is just a fundamental part of BG gameplay now,

6 Likes