Tanks were supposedly nerfed?

I understand all that.

But that’s not what I’m seeing in game. From what people speak of dungeons, tanks still go splat, even faster than before, and rather than giving tanks more defense and mitigation (which would do exactly what they said they wanted), they… didn’t… do that.

Tanks could live forever because they had too much self-healing. Self-healing is that thing that lets you live forever. So… if you want a tank to still tank but not live forever, you take away self-heal and replace it with mitigation, defense, and maybe some bubbles.

A tank that has a lot of mitigation and defense will still die, eventually, when their HP runs out.

A tank that can self heal to the moon will never die because he keeps replacing what the mobs take off.

That is how Warriors play already, which is why they relatively came out clean. DKs, on the other hand, got many more changes with gameplay and self healing. The specifics on the tuning is still in the air. Only the devs can say what the numbers should be.

Still. As other have pointed out, you are basing our opinion on DKs in non-threatening content.

The entire DK tanking design is based around self healing, so if that is your only point of reference…of course it looks weird. But they definitely can die in harder content.

So you want them to turn DKs into another tank that we already have?

But, to be fair, DK has seen significant growth in high keys as well…but they are still behind DH. It wouldn’t surprise me if they get some additional tuning.

What’s gonna happen, then, is that since DK has so much self-heal, but then the self-heal is apparently, according to others, not enough to overcome the damage, they’re just going to be an MP sponge because they have pretty much no mitigation buttons.

They almost have to, if they want to get rid of self-sustained tanking.

Blizz is all like “we don’t want tanks to sustain themselves” but self-healing IS self-sustainability.

The problem here, is that if you give DKs not enough self-healing to keep themselves alive, the DK is already at a disadvantage because he lacks any mitigation buttons, and has the defenses of a paper doll, he’s just going to end up being an MP sponge that goes splat constantly because mobs are designed to be tanked by tanks that do have lots of mitigation (you know, like every other tank).

It just seems like they don’t know what they’re doing with this, lol. Self-heal is always going to be a problem if they don’t like tanks being self-sustaining. Sure you can go into content and your self-healing isn’t enough, but… once you get enough gear… then you won’t end up needing healers, meanwhile the other tanks still have problems.

My armor reduces physical damage damage by 80% and every swing of my melee retore 36k hp

Scaling is whack at lvl 70

Here is the original post.

1+1 =2 mate

It is irrevalent of what content you do , before the update you were getting hit harder after the update you are getting hit softer because its designed for lvl 80 content not 70

So yeah scaling is whack

Vampiric Blood, Runeblade, AMZ, AMS, Mastery Blood Shield, Rune Tap (or is it Blood Tap??).

Blood is also based almost entirely on your HP isn’t the green bar, it’s the blue bar. If you aren’t spending that often by demand of needing to, it’s like super trival that clothies could face tank.

Weren’t the tank nerfs supposed to be happening in TWW? Wasn’t all the feedback about tank nerfs coming from the TWW beta? That whole concept is designed around tank performance at level 80. The scaling will be much different there.

It makes sense that they wouldn’t want to wreck tank performance at level 70 before DF even ends. No one would be able to do M+ or raids if they did that.

TL;DR - tank performance now at level 70 tells us zero about how tank performance will be in TWW at level 80.

Think people also missed our gears armor and stam was buffed by like 10% for DF, so despite it being say 480 it’s more like 515 and so on.

1 Like

Sounds like you are actually looking for a complete rebuild of how Blood works. Because Blood is designed to deal with damage after it happens.

Icebound Fortitude
Anti Magic Shell
Vampiric Blood
Tombstone
Dancing Rune Weapon
Death Strike(Blood Shield)
I’m sure I’ve missed something but there’s a few.

My 2 cents is the world content that you tried was designed to be competitive toward leveling characters wearing gear of that era, season 1. The free gear that you upgraded to was designed in season 3 or 4 and as such would give your character a better chance to fight harder content that world content doesn’t offer.

If they adjusted world content towards mythic dungeon content, then you would see an army of players complaining that world content was too hard or people just giving up on the game. Both would be negatives for Blizzard PR department to spin to a positive to appease a small part of the gaming population that thinks world content is too easy.

I play every tank but Guardian druids. I know my Protection Paladin and Warrior the best, followed by Blood Death Knight. I know my Monk and Demon Hunter the least and would never try to tank world raid encounters on the later three because I know my skill to sustain my health means I’m dying without help of a healer. My two protections, you can’t kill me on world content raid bosses because that content isn’t made to the level of instant content like dungeons and raids.

The short answer is the nerf doesn’t matter in outdoor content or low dungeons, it will only matter in higher stuff because healers are already busy healing the dps players from AoE.

You won’t be able to sustain yourself against tyrannical boss in a +10 previously you could

On beta? The need takes effect for TWW if I recall not the prepatch

1 Like

Most classes are that resilient against normal mobs. I’ve leveled every class in Dragonflight and I always just pull everything. You won’t notice anything outside of heroics or mythics

1 Like

Yeh I was gonna say I can do the same on my alt Fury warrior or other dps specs

The tank nerfs are not live yet.

2 Likes

I don’t think the actually tank nerfs that people are talking about went through yet and is only in the war within beta

The “elites” must be asleep else OP would be getting roasted alive.

Or is this an “elite” I’m bored troll post :neutral_face:

Moreso we all knew the tank nerfs would have no impact on trivial content because by design they can’t, and also this is blood DK, the tank designed around self sustain to make up for its poor active mitigation.

Not to mention the tank nerfs aren’t even live, so this is either coming from a place of ignorance or as you said, a troll.

The tank nerfs are not going to stop people steamrolling your daily heroics or timewalking dungeons.