Tanks don't want to rely on healers

Yes we do.

7 Likes

What do you count as extremely overgearing the content though?

so you want to force healers to be offbrand dps just for your own personal fantasy? if healers wanted to dps they would pick a dps class.

13 Likes

if blizzard introduced a mechanic that ignored all player immunities and defenses aint nothing gonna stop that. they could do it.

If I wanted survival to be out of my own hands, I’d play DPS. I have no issues playing Unholy.

Tank nerfs=tank shortages.

5 Likes

And if there’s an excess of tanks (compared to healers) it’s a buff to tank group finding times.

I guess in the face of bad decisions the fact they could have made worse ones is in some ways a comfort.

So what I’m gathering from this thread is that tanks want to be completely self sufficient but healers still want to, you know, heal.

Clearly what needs to happen is that all bosses going forward(and a good chunk of trash mobs) need to spam unavoidable damage on DPS just so the healers can heal stuff.

I’m sure the DPS will understand.

2 Likes

I mean… Outside of AV that’s exactly what we currently have.

The difference is we have so many stops that the unavoidable damage the dps are supposed to be taking is also kind of avoidable.

5 Likes

Well apparently I’m told the healers aren’t healing.

So more damage. I guess we need to yo-yo the DPS’s health bars.

Yeah for two reasons

1: In lower end content unavoidable damage doesn’t hurt enough to matter.
2: We have enough cc to stop the damage that is supposed to be unavoidable and on the healer to keep up with.

2 Likes

This sounds like it’s not unavoidable damage, then.

Maybe we should see how the forums react to a mass nerfing of CC in M+

It’s moreso about critical mass.

We used to be at a point where in a big pull, you could not stop everything, you stopped some of it, you healed some of it. Great examples would be certain pulls in Neltharus, the Vexamus area of Algeth ar, the first area of Nokhud Offensive (Without rescue to the pole), the bleeds in the second area of Brackenhide.

But now you can stop all of it.

This is also kinda the case with tank damage too, VDH for all their immortality are squishy to magic damage, so pulls with large amounts of casters like the chillweavers at the start of RLP should be problematic for them. Same for deathbolts in the 3rd area of Nokhud.

But we’re able to stop all of that now, partly because of the kit VDH itself brings.

2 Likes

Well my posts have mostly been me being silly, but if they want to make it so healers are primarily healing again and not just DPS who occasionally hit a heal button then something has to give.

It seems to me the 2 main ways of doing that would be:

1. Make tanks not able to reverse damage on themselves as much
  2. Nerfs to CC in general to prevent groups from being able to stop the AoEs from going out.

Blizzard seems to have chosen #1 and some people don’t like it, but something tells me that we’d also get complaints about #2.

4 Likes

There’s a 3rd one.

Defensive power creep.

Everyone has so many ways to mitigate unavoidable damage.

Part of it is also that the healer role is, at least in part, designed to recover other player’s mistakes. So what do healers do when their teammates stop making mistakes?

1 Like

Problem is now, a healer is basically another DPS. Tanks can survive pretty much everything themselves, which shouldn’t happen in group activity. it a group activity for a reason. I’ve been saying Tanks needed nerfs for the last few expansions, and finally they have happened.

6 Likes

You were saying tanks needed nerfs in shadowlands?

The same shadowlands M+ tanks were basically running for their lives the second cds ran out?

3 Likes

In solo stuff yes, but it the healer’s job to keep the group alive. tanks should be able to mitigate some of it but shouldn’t be able to mitigate all of it.

6 Likes

I’m good, if I die now I’ll blame the healer.

I feel like you just got done telling me that the unavoidable damage can prevented before it happens, but I’m willing to roll this into nerfing CC as instead just “nerf the rest of the group so they need more healing”.

That said, if tanks think it’s not fun to rely on healers I’m not sure why they think it’s going to be fun to just offload that to the DPS needing to rely on healers, and the argument of “a weak healer creates too strong of a failure point” remains relevant if the DPS are just gonna all die.

5 Likes