Tanks don't want to rely on healers

The assumption that the only people that agree with this change are queued content heroes is definitely a strawman that is easy to burn down.

3 Likes

I mean… if a Ret can pop a heal between healer GCDs, that can save a run. I don’t play coordinated groups very often, so I’ve no clue what the practiced value of this is.

Feral might too, but they’re just furry paladins basically.

This a misconception that a lot of tanks are parroting. The tanks role isn’t to keep themselves alive all the time. The tanks role is to keep mobs from hitting the other people in the group. They are the shield. It’s only recently that they’ve become these undying tour guides leading 4 mortals through the dungeon.

4 Likes

I cannot wait for constant bickering when the tank demands more heals and the healer is trying to keep alive both the DPS and now the tank who is crumbling.

2 Likes

Oh yeah Feral has some crazy Wildstalkery stuff going on with casts, true.

If the changes to tank goes live you bet we will have another SL S1 all over again. VDH will be meta and it will be the kiting style! woot woot!. What fun

1 Like

It will take WoW back to its roots. More teamwork makes the dream…err…dungeon…work.

1 Like

Strong healers are still gonna make room to DPS. It’s really just gonna exacerbate the difference between strong healers and weak healers, honestly.

2 Likes

Another example of “you think you do but you don’t”.

But yes please Blizzard, eliminate any geared people from queue content and buff it to unholy hell levels so those in it struggle bus their way through it. You know, just like actual geared and skilled people already do when pushing prog key levels for their group’s individual gear/skill levels.

Problem is though that since mythic+ has percent based scaling, any tunings to base level dungeons then just get scaled up in dungeons. Letting low level/skill content be “free” is the proper decision since it just means people can go up to their own individual/group collective ceiling naturally instead of being filtered out at ground 0.

2 Likes

More like Enhance, Ret and Feral will be meta for the tank off healing.

I completely disagree with you Op. In fact, i think it should be the complete opposite:

• Tanks take damage
  • Healer focuses on tank
  • DPS damage while dodging swirlies and mechanics to not have the healer have to come help them

Get rid of all that annoying “rot” damage

2 Likes

So nothing will change other than DHs moving more?

I disagree, but time will tell.

This is a misconception you are parroting, that tanks are not meant to be able to survive.

Yeah that sounds like an awful idea.

1 Like

Why bring Aug when you can just bring a Ret that can top off people lol.

Kiting sucks for everyone.

2 Likes

If a DPS has off heals and the time/energy to use them then why not?
As long as they donʻt full stop doing damage just to throw an unnecessary heal out.

I mean, let’s use math then. If every GCD is required to prevent a death, then only the tippy toppy bestest healers ever will be able to participate in the role. Once you step back from that precipice, that means you have open GCDs, which strong players will exploit for damage.

3 Likes

Yup they will be meat for the 3rd season in a roll. No other tanks can kite as well as they can. Jump in clast off CD deals massive damage and jump out and start kiting before DEF CD drops off. It was unfun for every one. DPS have to keep moving since the mobs are being kitted, healers can’t hard cast coz they have to keep moving, tanks can’t do their jobs.

1 Like