Tanks don't want to rely on healers

I’m not disagreeing with you, I’m just stating the facts of how the game currently is. Tanks shouldn’t be getting nerfed because people want to heal when people aren’t even doing content where healing is relevant.

3 Likes

Except that’s also false.

If you get an appropriately geared group into appropriately challenging content, before this change, tanks barely needed any heals whatsoever, but yet DPS can’t tank these unless they grossly over-gear the content.

We don’t want invincible tanks, but yet we don’t want panic mode healing either.

And you go “don’t do easy content” while you’re ignoring the fact that this happens at ALL levels of content, assuming the whole group is geared appropriately for the content they are doing.

And then you prattle on about how overgeared DPS can tank easy content…

Except it’s not false at all lol.

2 Likes

You can’t go into a Heroic with Mythic geared DPS and go “DPS can tank this easy!”

Try getting a DPS that’s barely geared for Heroics, and have that DPS try to “tank”. He will get killed rather quickly.

What attacks in beta are killing tanks in one GCD? Testing last night and this morning shows tanks still doing OK.

1 Like

Well, this post for example:

But I thought they said they wanted to heal lol? Hate to break it to you but these changes are going to have basically zero impact on that level of content.

2 Likes

I doubt that. A lot.

Usually when they make changes like this, it’s pretty much across-the-board.

The only way you’re gonna not see an impact is if you overgear the content. Like, you Q as a healer and get a mythic geared tank in a heroic. Then yeah, it’s going to be ez mode all over again.

But if the whole group is appropriately geared? It’s going to be much harder.

You can doubt it all you want, doesn’t change the facts lol.

[Citation Needed]

Beta is right there lol.

Then you should have no problems showing me a video of a full group of appropriately geared players, nobody is over-geared experiencing “no impact” or “very low impact” to these changes, ne?

Or you can just test it yourself. Any video you will just dismiss so kind of pointless.

That player is literally complaining about dying when they try to ignore mechanics. Not a very good example.

3 Likes

One, I don’t have TWW which I’m pretty sure is required for Beta, and two, I simply don’t have the time.

Not my problem lol.

Well, the burden of proof falls upon you. You want to claim facts? You need to prove it. Otherwise don’t make claims if you aren’t willing to back em up.

3 Likes

I don’t need to provide anything, if you can’t test, just wait till live, I don’t really care either way lol.

3 Likes

No one wants to rely on anyone. No one has time for wipes.

2 Likes

I didn’t complain about dying to mechanics…

As it stands on live a tank with a defensive up like SI can survive a boss mechanics in even a +10. Its a warning that you can’t do that on beta, it will on shot you even through stacked defensives.

Funny how I gave specific encounters and numbers but you ignored all that…

I would say that in +6’s or lower you are okish outside of some scaling issues and specific spells that need nerfing. Above that once you get fortified or tyrannical you get hit hard, its about at this point if you make a mistake you die. In +12 monks are the only thing I’ve seen that can survive and it looks like it requires absolutely perfect play on everyones part.

On the plus side if you continue to tank through this you are one of the few and will get invites up the wazzoooo.

4 Likes