Tanks are already salty

I am glad that they are finally making tanks take damage from NPCs more and making healers do their jobs which is healing instead of being a support DPS. Finally, everyone will be doing their “selected” roles come in TWW.

48 Likes

some tanks are but what is going to be funny is that the dps need to be more smart now

27 Likes

One of my biggest complaints about WoW since partway through BfA has been the fact that healers have been shoved into some kind of spot-healer DPS hybrid role instead of just… you know… healing.

Give me a reason to exist. I want to heal.

28 Likes

What is more funny when tanks pull a lot of mobs and then die from not knowing they have been changed.

10 Likes

some tanks will still do that and see what is the limit they can do

7 Likes

:upside_down_face:

13 Likes

We’re looking at another shadowlands s1 kite meta.

Yes, Im salty about that. Hopefully I’m wrong and it doesn’t end up that way.

30 Likes

Stop licking me then if am salty , or I will shove your tongue somewhere else :rage:

4 Likes

saw the typo lol thanks this is tank life lol

3 Likes

I really do hope they can adjust things in such a way that kite meta doesn’t make a return. Awful, awful way to play the game.

19 Likes

Healers already have to do a lot of healing in keys. Healers haven’t really been a “support dps” since Shadowlands.

6 Likes

kiting has always been a part of tanking. of course s1 SL was an extreme example I think. It is where I learned to love the mobility of VDH (even though I only did a handful of low m+ then.

there are plenty of pulls in m+ now where I kite or do an LOS dance (halls of infusion frontals, uld enraged trogs, RLP early mobs packs)

2 Likes

Don’t disc priests and MW monks dps to heal? Won’t this whole change now make having these healers be the premier healing candidates for the group?

Of course. That’s just good tanking. But don’t pretend that s1 SL was normal.

3 Likes

Not sure about Disc, but iirc MW monk’s Fistweaving is getting cut down to just what fistweaving is available, is solely optimal for leveling/questing. While in group content, MW is strictly long / mid range healer. Hopefully I am wrong (I hope I am wrong and mis-understood the videos I saw).

They already admitted, “it may take some iteration to get the balance right”. TWW S1 might be a repeat of kite meta.

I do give them credit for the philosophy behind the changes, and the fact that they are trying. Whether they can really hit the right balance though, is another story.

3 Likes

Trying to do what?

2 Likes

We have to have an enjoyable game while they fumble around with changes like this.

It’s frustrating

2 Likes

I’m sure Max will sing their praises on Twitter, so that’s all they care about.

Oh and that wowhead guide writer who kept saying healers should be nerfed, so Blizzard did.

4 Likes

As a tank, I think these are good changes.

5 Likes