Tanking discrepancy too high?

Looking at logs of damage taken and damage done. DKs and maybe druid, but mostly DKs, are by far the best while shield tanks are just getting ripped apart and doing little damage. Especially warriors.

I play all four tanks and leveled the warrior last. An ilvl 350+ warrior tank gets chunked harder and feels scarier to survive than a ilvl 330 DK.

There’s gotta be something blizzard can do to help.

There are many things they could do, but that assumes they should.

:woman_shrugging:

DKs take more dmg than any other tank lol

It’s good to see you rotating alts to keep the topic alive, Abom

4 Likes

They’re all viable. Protection pal and warrior have always been weak at the start of cata but they do get better later on

Whatever logs you’re looking at must be total garbage. DKs are designed to take more damage than other tanks but then heal back some of that amount.
They have less avoidance than other tanks like warriors and paladins and cannot block.

Yes, DKs are stronger overall. All tanks are viable, warriors are great at managing challenging add fights like nef.

2 Likes

Yea I mean history repeats itself. Blood Dk is God tier and an expansion ahead. Nothing was done to correct that by bringing up other Tanks.

They can massively buff other Tanks to fit a Main Tank and Off Tank role. Right now there is 1 Role that is Blood DK solo’s and doesn’t need an Off Tank. Then sometimes a Feral shifts into that spot.

Why run 2 Tanks when you can run 1 Tank and an extra Dps or 1 less Healer and 2 extra Dps with a Blood Dk.

In original Cata this could be claimed since there was a lack of information and everyone was doing whatever. However what is viable is eventually determined by the players not Blizz. So they aren’t viable anymore now that we know everything.

Blood DK isn’t 10-20% better it’s 150% better. So the viable comp is play Blood DK and run extra Dps. The other tanks CAN’T do this so they aren’t viable. It’s just the way it is.

So I really wish people would stop saying they are all viable because they aren’t. Not until you create an Off Tank position or significantly buff other Tanks to fit that role of 1 Tank.

DKs are meant to face tank. Their toolkit is designed for personal mitigation over support.

Your shield tanks are designed to support, both DKs and shield tanks compliment each others weaknesses. There’s no need to homogenize tanks, that just feeds another meta

1 Like

What’s your OT selection if you have a Blood DK. If you say Blood, then your playstyle is vanilla. Having a warrior intercept DR, a pallys dsac and BOPs is very valuable in a raid setting

Their t13 set bonuses also become very useful in dragon soul. Both shield tanks 2 pc is a smaller version of a dks absorb.

I explained it. None.

Wrong. There is no reason to bring a Prot they don’t support the DK or the group. You can just run an extra Dps instead and be way better. Even a Prot War with Vigil on the DK for vengeance is still worse a choice than another Dps.

There is only 1 Tank and that is Blood DK. Again not surprising since they are worth 2 Tanks and playin an expansion ahead of everyone else.

If nothing changes then nothing changes. Other tanks need significant buffs. In Cata Classic if you want to PvE play Blood or Dps. Those are the choices.

explain your ZERO logs on tanking in Cata. what your saying is once were almost done with Cata the gear will balance out. dude stay off the drugs

Yeah…I don’t know if bringing up parses is the best thing for you to do:
https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/faerlina/wagyuafive#difficulty=3&size=25

1 Like

Paladin/Warriors will improve dramatically once they get into some Firelands gear. Current gear just doesn’t provide enough CTC. DK will probably still be “the best” but it won’t be nearly a large of a gap as it is now.

Youre not solo tanking current raids.

1 Like

This isnt my main character for cata, im playing a Prot paladin, our MT is a Blood DK.

Are we looking at the same logs? Their are plenty of guilds clearing heroic content with a Blood DK MT and a shield tank OT. Idk why youre arguing? Must be trolling.

2 Likes

Oh that’s snipy’s alt? Thanks for the heads up, reported his posts for spam.

Okay, sure DKs take 10-15% more damage per hit while having an instant shield + heal that they can use themselves, while the other tanks are basically sitting there hoping to be healed. Warriors are great at managing nef adds sure, but that’s generally done by a warrior who is a DPS and plays prot for nef heroic.

I also like how you are saying whatever logs I am looking at are total garbage.

You have zero retort about the main point I made in the original post, which is, they do MORE damage than anyone else (which is actually impactful). An extra 10k per second is 1.2 million HP every 2 minutes. DKS are doing 25k+ while Warriors are doing 14k~.

My title of this post was about tank DISCREPANCY, I cannot post links for some reason. But I am sure you smart people can look it up if you think I am lying. Below are parses overall for people who’ve full cleared 13/13:

26,321 DK parses
9,631 Druid parses
7,002 Paladin parses
1,594 Warrior parses

You don’t think there’s a problem between the most used and the least used being 16x more???

Using this logic, they should buff MM hunter, or nerf survival hunter, strictly because there’s 490 times the survival players right now. Specs get their time to shine, whether it is a patch, or a whole expansion, that’s just how this game goes. People just gravitate to what’s considered better as well, a problem this game has had FOREVER.