Tanking and You:

Hi, there, player! Do you want to tank?

Hold on just a second: The group you’re joining -might- be crazy or full of people who you’re trying to tank -against- rather than tank -for-.

Find this thing called a guild and get with people regularly who want to join you in content you want to tank for.

Remember, kids - do not queue up for Random Dungeons. Your life will be a fresh hell.

Reminder - these are the people who say tanking is easy, but will not do so themselves. Do not let them tell you your job is easy. If it was easy and rewarding, they would play it.

The failbags of loot are not worth it. 1k gold an hour (depending on how bad groups are) is rookie numbers. I say this with more than 15 Augment runes in my bag and nothing to show for it, but depression.

The failbags used to have chances for mounts in them, but the same DPS making your life hell are the ones who complained about the bags having better rewards. Make their queue times long and their lives miserable - you can do it. I believe in you. Bye bye.

13 Likes

As a main tank, i usually just tank for friends(and a healer and a lucky dps, unless another friend join us). Well i tank when leveling too, because of faster queues.

1 Like

I feel bad for players who are just learning to tank. Sweet summer childs.

1 Like

Kek, I love it. Yeah we need to go back to pets and mounts in the bags. I enjoy tanking I personally dont mind tanking pugs either. But now that I hit Mythic level, its goodbye Dungeon Finder. Sorry DPS who have 1hour queues if only I got better loot bags.

3 Likes

I started in BC and did randoms for a long, long time.

I can easily tell you - being forced to random in some cases were easily some of the worst mistakes of my life.

1 Like

The bags are supposed to be an incentive; they aren’t. No incentive, no tank!

1 Like

I started in TBC too. Nobody told me I needed spell damage to hold aggro, so nobody taught me WHY I was a bad tank, only that I was and should just go holy.

Eventually I learned.

1 Like

im up to 100 of those augment runes.

The first week with the more serious still using heroics to gear, the runs were smooth. its starting to get sloppy.

currently i just run something and if it too slow, i bail. come back in 30 minutes

I like you, please tank for me Mistress.

Pro-tip. Kill first boss. Just the queue timer, not the debuff.

3 Likes

Yeah there’s no reason queue times should be 1 hour when Blizz can just proportionately buff the bags until the queue times improve. If you make the incentive good enough, tanks will start queueing again.

3 Likes

I leave when I see a mistweaver monk.

It doesn’t bother me. As long as the healer’s trying and not bad, it’s fine.

If the DPS are acting fools, I’m out.

My name is Owstophittingme, and I approve this message.

The failbags give the same amount of gold that they did in BFA. Why hasn’t the amount gone up?

Acknowledge me waifu

I’m from Moon Guard and all that entails.

I’m probably not the waifu you’re looking for. It may make you flee, actually.

3 Likes

Aerosmith song?

Well, there’s something there that rhymes with song that is long.

I have always tanked because of time constraints. Its always been a quick in and quick out experience.

The so called crazy ppl in my group either gets kicked or I leave to join another group .

Majority of my LFD/lfr groups have been pleasant . I do not remember when I had a very dramatic one even though I know I had some in the past.