Tank nerfs across the board - Tanks no longer immortal - How do we feel about this?

Since this is only on the TWW beta page and not general

How we feeling about the changes?

2 Likes

These are objectively bad unless you’re a Monk or MAYBE a Warrior and the fact that they’re trying to make changes this massive about 5 weeks before the expansion launches is bonkers to me.

44 Likes

Great, now maybe they will stop speed running, slow down, take out the mobs as we come to them so we won’t keep getting killed over and over trying to run through mobs to catch up.

22 Likes

Depends on how everything will be balanced in the end. But the current state of tank self sustain is a bit over the top.

25 Likes

I love nerfs. ;(

1 Like

I feel as tough we need more people to start more threads about this topic.

Let’s GO!

2 Likes

Super happy fun time, they should never of been immortal.

10 Likes

It’ll depend on if they can retune the damage in dungeons and raids to accommodate the changes like they promised. If the encounter damage is still super spikey and inconsistent, then it’s just going to be a bad time all around.

If they can retune encounter design, it might work out pretty well.

2 Likes

2-2.5k tank here (mostly VDH, prot warrior, BDK).

this is how we will start.

later, we will get set bonuses and trinkets and enchants/consumes/etc.

Overall, it will likely create some more stress but, as some others have said, it could be more likely to affect pacing of dungeons rather than actual survivability.

a related issue that I don’t think I see here is one of environmental damage leading to DPS needing heals. if tanks will need more love, then one can only hope that DPS will need less.

if this offset isn’t built into the game, then the problem won’t really be a tank problem, but the healer shortage that already exists will get much worse.

6 Likes

It should make things easier to balance, but tanks are going to be cranky because no one likes getting nerfed.

5 Likes

will not help out with this there might be some hunters that will still pull for the tanks and run ahead

1 Like

I also find that nerfs in WoW are almost never as bad as the players make them out to be, like nine times out of ten.

6 Likes

Let’s be honest, this happens mostly in content that doesn’t matter that much (that isn’t m+)

1 Like

More pressure for healers.

Heck yeah brother!

2 Likes

As a healer with a tank alt I think it’s an overall good change to bring the trinity closer together, depending on tuning of course.

People raging about maybe not being invincible I envision are sitting at home with their game genie.

At the end of the day infinite scaling is the root of why these changes keep happening. Pushing the edge of a blanket infinite scaling just breaks things.

6 Likes

hey dont bash this great gift the old gen pokemon was better with the genie

1 Like

Acting like DPS don’t complain when tanks go slow. Tanks just can’t win.

Go fast – SLOW DOWN SPEED RACER
Go slow – LOL ARE YOU A GRANDMA?!

15 Likes

Yes, yes it is and the mid people once again get punished because the high tier people continue to break the game and the low tier people find the wall even higher.

ahahahaha

4 Likes

I think this is fine if they can actually stick the landing on the mechanics changes in Raid or Mythic+ content. I doubt they’ll actually do that well - communication between the Encounter and Class Design teams seems to be quite poor (just look at playing Evoker on Nymue).

The current trend of going as fast as possible using as many AoE stops as possible is a genie I don’t think Class and Encounter Design will be able to put back in the bottle. Encounter design won’t accurately tune the amount of AoE splash damage going out and healers will be forced to choose between keeping tanks alive and keeping DPS alive. I suspect healers will play a far more punishing triage game in Season 1. Some aspect will be nerfed or re-balanced in Season 2. Either of which will be less splash damage or more tank survivability.

It just becomes a repeatable cycle. These changes will go live. Tanks and healers will be adjusted over the season. They could stick with the changes or revert them in season 2. Then we are right back at the start with new nerfs needed.