Tame stealing

So, been waiting on the WQ that spawns OOX-Fleetfoot/MG. It happen today and went out to Mechagon started to fix chickens with no luck; however, one run passes me and start to chase. Then others start to show up and start trying to kill the the Chicken for the quest, so I decide to pop tame beast taking the kill away.

I was not exactly proud of it, but I was tired of having to farm parts and wonder if I would get lucky, or if I id spawn OOX would players just start killing it.

We had a issue like this with Oondasta and Sabertrons were we have two options. Either let other have their chance and maybe we can get ours later, or just take it first and let them wait.

What side do you take?

If others already there to tame I wish them luck and try another time or server hop.

My biggest pet peeve is sitting at a WQ or a rare. Wait my turn once everyone has killed it for their quest or whatever. I wait for respawn. Start to tame. And someone comes flying in and kills it… “Sorry trying to get achievements” couldn’t bother to wait like I did!

I wish when it’s not war mode once you start to tame then it becomes immune to anyone else.

But anyways back on topic. If you were waiting first then should go to you for taming.

Expecting common courtesy in an mmo is only going to lead to disappointment, so if you see a chance to do something then just go ahead and do it.

3 Likes

On the flipside, if you have a chance to be courteous, then go ahead and take it. You can’t control the behavior of other players, but you can control yours.

6 Likes

Aww, that’s cute.

1 Like

Back in Wrath I had one worse. I was taming King Krush and was 80% when a Orc Shaman dropped in broke my tame and killed Krush then turned and pointed and laughed then started trolling about it in General chat. I was on a PVP server at the time and it was enough to make me take a bounty out on the guy.

It was fair game. You wanted the tame, others wanted the kill. You got it first. Sucks to be the competition. lol

1 Like
  1. Were they your faction?
  2. I’m not familiar with this WQ, when you tame it, does it spawn another chicken for the people doing the WQ?

My general take on it: Using Tame Beast to tame a mob that you were after before other people showed up to kill it is absolutely fair game. Interrupting another Hunter and stealing their tame so you can tame it is beyond the pale.

It a WQ that rotates that only appears on days when Oglethorpe Obnoticus is visiting Rustbolt. It spawns randomly over most of the island, usually following roads and paths. It runs very quickly so you’ll have to be quick to tame or rely on stuns and slows.

It will re-spawn but may take a few tries, so if you are a impatient player having it tamed before you can kill gets a lot of hate.

Yeah if there is another chicken for the WQ spawning somewhere else too bad so sad, you were there first.

Agreed Kabbie, the world is what you make of it. Choosing to burn people because you’ve been burned yourself is, in my experience, the wrong move.

1 Like

It’s not really a matter of being rude to others or being mean, but just accepting what people will do and what you should do if you really want something.

I’m not trying to start a fight with you, but to comment, I see this as an issue on whether to be selfish/uncivilized or selfless/neighborly.

Some people think it takes a naive, weak or stupid person to choose to be civil. I disagree. That’s all.

2 Likes

I guess I’ll just leave one last comment saying I’m a bit confused and that I wasn’t trying to start a fight, but alright.

OP was waiting for a rare to spawn so he could tame it.

After he had already found it and was going for the tame, other people showed up to kill it for a WQ.

He did nothing wrong. Had he showed up after the people trying to kill and actually used Tame Beast to steal it out from under them, I could see some debate.

Eaves drop quest from Westfall is good example. Shows how nasty players can be for their on self interest. You think, party so everyone gets credit. But, no. Some twink with AOE comes up after you been sitting there whole convo, and steal the kills. Not even a second thought on sharing mob tags.

It also has several points where it doubles back on its tracks, getting you a little extra time. Pretty sure I heard Deepcoral Buds from Nazjatar can be used for a speed boost, too?

As for the topic at hand, I only “camp” in random flybys, and if I get lucky, I get lucky. After Wrath I swore I wasn’t gonna stare at a screen for eight hours or more again. Surprisingly, I seem to have more luck that way!

1 Like

How did you tame steal if someone was beating on it? Doesn’t it cancel the tame when they take damage?

Also, I did this as well on my spirit bear. There was a guy up in the air waiting for it to spawn and it popped and he did nothing. I waited about a minute and sent him a “hello?” then I tamed it before some idiot came by and killed it. Still have him to this day as my main pet.

The spirit Bear’s name is — Pawsome
And my spirit crab’s name is — Clawsome

I have them both out. Those are my two main pets.

As long as you keep threat it’ll tame out. If they pull aggro it cancels the tame.

(As far as I know, but it’s been a while since I’ve had a tame interruption.)

Moralizing in a video game is a selfish and egotistical act