Tame stealing

It ran pass me and used Concussive on it then other players came running up, so had aggro first before they all started attacking. That was when I decided if I should wait let them kill it, or tame it.

I had already waited awhile and panicked that I may have to wait even longer so used tame.

I don’t think I take either side or maybe I’m taking the side of the people trying to get the kill.

I don’t try to tame pets like that chicken, Oondasta and Sabertron when there are a bunch of people around and/or primetime. I got all my rare tames that piss people off at 3 and 4 in the morning when nobody was around.

I want rare pets that are a challenge to get but on the other hand I’m not going to fight people for it.

This is basically where I land. I just do it on off hours. I tamed Soundless at like 4 AM, iirc, just so I didn’t screw over anyone trying to kill him for the mount. Most other rares, I take a similar tactic with.

1 Like

It’s a tough thing to balance honestly, and I think perhaps it’s all situation based.

For example (sorry if this infuriates some folk) I really, really, really wanted Banescale the Packfather on my main hunter, and spent probably around 14hrs over multiple days trying to get him to spawn. I always tried to do my attempts during off hours or wind down hours (so from like, 2am-8am). My boyfriend would occasionally help, we’d DPS down the Packmother and at around 20% I’d go to where Banescale spawns, well this time at around 5% a Rogue flies down to help kill the Packmother and Banescale spawns. The moment I see him spawn I start the tame and finish it before the Rogue can come over and get a hit in. Do I feel a little bad? Yes, but at the same time I tried to do everything I could to ensure that I wasn’t screwing over the majority of people who would potentially want him for the achievement.

Mobs like Huolon, Oondasta, and Nalak aside, I think you do the best you can to not grief other players, but at the end of the day if you were indeed there first, and were the only one there and only after did people come to kill it, then well … :man_shrugging: