Talanji should have asked both factions for aid instead of only one

I mean, we all know you know nothing about the lore, but Zul was the one making all those moves back than and he purposely kept Rastakhan in the dark as much as he could about what he was up to

4 Likes

Chronicles IV confirms that Jaina did nothing wrong as Rastakhan pledged the Golden Fleet to the Horde moments after the Alliance saved Zandalar from Gā€™Huun.

I will not be replying to fan-fiction attempts.

1 Like

Irrelevant to the fact that Zul kept Rastakhan in the dark about what he was doing during Cata through MoP

6 Likes

As I said, the Alliance did have fairly decent reason to be suspicious.

It is just that their suspicions were wrong - and that is a common theme with the Alliance and it leads to a lot of chaos overall.

It was not wrong. Chronicles has confirmed it was right.

Alright, let us say it in another way.

The Allianceā€™s actions were wrong, which is also a common theme with the Alliance.

2 Likes

The Alliance were right because it ultimately stop Sylvanas and by extension The Jailer.

Jainaā€™s family got reunited. Talanji lost hers.

Making enemies where not necessary is not exactly a ā€œrightā€ action.

3 Likes

Another one for the pile!

3 Likes

She was going to be an enemy already. She had decided to back Sylvanas long before she was captured. Capturing her slowed down said alliance long enough to stop her.

You mean by hurrying up the alliance between the zandalari and the horde. Rastakhan didnā€™t wait long after that to pledge his fleet to the horde

And by then it didnt matter. The trap was set and his fleet sunk.

So did the kulā€™tiran fleet

By a third party. The Horde had to use unholy magic and still lost.

Irrelevant to the fact that both fleets fell into the same trap

3 Likes

The Allianceā€™s defeat of Ghuun was as much for itā€™s own benefit as anyone elseā€™s, as Ghuun wouldā€™ve been a global threat if it escaped. Furthermore, that act was not done in cooperation with the Zandalari, or with their knowledge, much less the Zandalariā€™s permission for the Alliance to move highly trained armed forces through land so close to their territory.

Thereā€™s a long history of the Alliance and all of trollkind being at odds with one another. Even with the Blood Elves and Nightborne on the Horde, the Alliance still counted the Night Elves as allies, and the Night Elves were led by some of the more big named individuals from the ancient Empire that wrecked trollkind to begin with.

Talanjiā€™s decision to approach the Horde was logical, regardless of any support the Alliance inadvertently provided to the Zandalari.

5 Likes

Random good deeds are not debts that need to be payed off, if someone randomly does something nice for me i donā€™t have to do anything for them

2 Likes

It could have been an avenue to open up diplomacy, but considering the Allianceā€™s next action after killing Ghuun was to abduct Talanji, yeahā€¦ Whatever window of opportunity had opened was slammed shut so hard the glass cracked.

Even then, saying it could have opened up diplomacy is a pretty massive stretch. The Zandalari owed the Alliance absolutely nothing for Ghuun. Thousands of years of conflict is not washed away by one act motivated by self-preservation over goodwill.

2 Likes

Sure, sure. Hope it was worth it for Olā€™ Rastakhan. :grin:

Rastakanā€™s biggest mistake was accepting a deal with Bwonsamdi. That, and Zul.

1 Like