Talanji is a hypocrite

Again you keep making this up, Name one troll tribe the alliance has wiped out that the horde also hasn’t brutally killed?

I mean the Alliance has worked along side the Zandalar in vanilla and has worked with Vol’jin and the Darkspear as well.

How is it logical? I mean how is allying up with Sylvanas who is a blood elf who are as racists as Humans when it comes to trolls, better than Anduin?

I’d might give it to you if Vol’jin was still running the Horde but he is not. Even if he was he still stood in opposition to working with the Zandalari.

It’s like you aren’t even reading…

3 Likes

I think the easiest explanation for why Zul would go with Talanji is that he can see the future and would be able to foresee any harm that might come to her. The two of them being captured by the alliance was no accident on his part.

I don’t think it’s Talanji’s fault for Rastakhan’s death or that she’s a hypocrite over it. All she wanted was to try to save her people, and had to take a gamble on SOMEONE to help prevent the kingdom’s destruction. If the situation was flipped and she somehow thought the alliance was their best chance at surviving, would she still be a hypocrite because they would have dragged the Zandalari into the faction war?

3 Likes

Your not wrong, Choosing the alliance would have probably ended worse for her considering how spiteful Sylvanas is, any invasion by the Horde at this point involves burning cities to the ground and Plaguing the remains.

However it would be nice if she reflected back and understood that she has made mistakes. That she brought the was to her country for better or worst.

Edit: Even if they actually gave us some context on what happen to her in the Alliance prison, or explained why she travelled with Zul would be nice.

Like Orlok has already say she doesn’t have any means to know what is happening to the other side of the world. Azeroth doesn’t have the internet and most of the population are rather ignorant or doesn’t care about things that are happening/happened. Varian never fully apologies for the Taurajo incident and probably neither him or his sons knows or cares about

I don’t know why people keep pointing to the Horde being the most approachable to get help. Lets weigh up the two options

Horde:
-Has Trolls
-Said trolls refused to assist Zandalar in uniting the tribes and instead lead both Horde and Alliance against them.
-Is being Lead by an Undead Blood elf who has a bad temper

Alliance:
-Doesn’t have trolls
-Has worked with both the Zandalar in vanilla and Darkspear in Cata.
-Is being lead by Anduin a human preist who is known for wanting to help people.
-Has fought the Zandalar to prevent them taking over the world.

Because there is maybe a guy called TROLLBANE in the Alliance high command and the fact that Anduin for all his talk about peace and help people he only sits in the throne while others places like Duskwood was exterminated by cultist or how he doesn’t care about non human lands and he is only saved by Golden.

Also like the blood elf already commented, there is no way the Zandalar will try to reach Stormwind, the gurubasi fought a bloody war against them when the humans invaded their lands and killed their king and likely Talanji was already in talks with Sylvanas and the reason why she sents you to get them free

Do you even read? I said goverments won’t fire people if they are useful in many ways. Zul is a prophet with 90% of accuracy and Genn is a king with a big army and population at his back and unless they do a full betray(like Zul did in 8.0) no sane leader will fire such important assets

She actively fails at everything she attempts to do. As you state she is aware of suspicious actions of the Council yet fails to stop them thus ending in Zul Invading and destroying the Seal. She actively supports the Horde leading to her people’s fleet being decimated and her City attacked again. She basically has Lead the Zandalar to ruin In a short span of time and then Solidifies her allegiance to the Horde which we all know will probably end badly.

So you say she is a Mary sue and yet you admit she fails a lot and has to pay for the consequences, dude form a coherent opinion at the very least. Now answering some points here:

1. Nobody was expecting Zul to betray Rastakhan because he was an old god cultist, literally Raal, Loti, Zolani and Talanji herself admit they knew Zul was kinda shaddy but not a traitor capable of selling out the trolls since all his life was always a troll supremacist and an old friend of Rastakhan (Think of him as the foil of Benedictus)

2. She only wants the horde’s help to deal with threats in Zandalar and giving back the use of the fleet is the pay. Dude even your thick head has to admit the blood trolls with their old god were a huge threat that has to be deal quickly and we got lucky we discover the whole plot before it went much worse

Rastakan may have been stuck in his ways but he atleast kept the Zandalar intact and powerful for a few hundread years.

She was a character setup to be a good queen however she ended up bring about the Destruction of her people.

Talanji has barely started and she had already deal with an old god threat and a quasi civil war and let’s not forget N’zoth isn’t far away of the island. She has flaws and paid some consequences which doesn’t make her a mary sue. Although like I previously said the writers has a bad habit to praise characters in the spotlight in a way that becomes anoying (See Jaina being in everywhere in bfa or Illidan during Legion).

2 Likes

You realise the city is made majorly out of gold as well as stone, right? This city isn’t a treehouse that can be lit with a few fiery catapults an- Oh… too soon? :smirk:

Now, even if the Alliance did try burn it, Akunda would just come along “♫ IT’S RAINING AGAIN. Hallelujah! ~ ♪” along with Pa’ku to use winds in a way that exhaust the flames. The Alliance would had wasted more resources - and would have had provided the Horde more time to plunder deeper into their masses bleeding the Alliance moreso.

1 Like

Azerite bombs can melt stone beams.

None of that makes any sense. As they retreat they will detonate their bombs at specific targets like the temples, barracks, food stores and the docks… effectively crippling the Zandalari on both a social and economic level so they will not be a threat for a long, long time.
It would probably cause a complete fracture between the populace, now hungry, the guards now without proper facilities and busted up harbor or temple that can no longer accommodate the Horde’s forces.

If this was a functioning fantasy I would speculate this is a riot waiting to happen.

Akunda can summon storms. Storms have rain. Rain puts out fire.
Makes sense to me.

Pa’ku can create winds strong enough to redirect airborn targets - such as bombs flying mid airway. Another way to bleed Alliance.

That’s a lot of targets, and would require a lot of resources, choosing one fair enough; but all - doubtful. As for food stores, they have bountiful food in Zuldazzar; with fish in the rivers and fruits throughout the forest.

If this was a functioning fantasy, and you were the one leading the charge I would speculate this would be a ‘tactic’ that is over compensating one’s own forces and a spiral into self-destruction.

1 Like

When a bomb blows up the damage is already done. All the storms can do is put out the azerite fire before it spreads.

Why would Alliance be throwing the bombs? This makes no sense. You plant the bombs in your assault and as you retreat you blow them up to block access to the Horde’s reinforcements or simply detonate them when they are close to the bombs for maximum damage.

Its actually a straight line.
Go to the Northgate from the docks. Have the bombs ready at several junctures and plant them. Set the bombs as you retreat.
Pretty simple. The city is a straight line from the north gate to the southern port so the retreating line could set them all off without too much hassle.

You try to maximize the damage, you can never get all of them. Something’s always make it out somehow.

You can never feed an entire population with hunting and gathering alone.
That’s why cities in ancient times always had massive food stores to keep the population fed and replenish the granaries with farms and hunters outside the city.
Regardless the objective is not to kill Zandalar through starvation. Its to starve them long enough to cause riots.

It actually isn’t because as I have said all the locations that you fought the Alliance and the Alliance were present during their raid.
If they had simply left a trove of hidden Azerite bombs and detonated it when they retreated then I would say pretty much everything from Pyramid to the docks in the south would be a smoking ruin by the time the Horde reached it.

These so much!

I think that’s not referring to the Horde and Alliance and more what Jaina and Thrall could have prevented but didn’t. Thrall obviously (and rightfully) blames himself for Garrosh steering the Horde down another dark path, and Jaina blames herself for, uh…
I dunno. Letting the Horde kill her dad, or something.

i feel like she feels guilty for all those who died and that maybe she could have saved so that may have multiple meanings.
antonidas,arthas,uther,varian,daelin, the people of theramore and apprendice.
if not then i guess that she is referring to the belfs killed in dalaran.

One thought though. Zandalari druid form as a dinosaur. As a playable race not necessarily so bad.

Holy necro batman

talanji just get out
Zul for king. rez him again

Totally irrelevant. She might not even been aware of it, but also she’s a Troll, trolls are a bloody minded people.

I take it you’re supposed to enjoy getting captured and manhandled by foreign troops, the Alliance essentially declared itself to be a hostile power to Zandalar by this move.

When one superpower has you in it’s sights the logical move is to ally with it’s enemy. Also she’s trying to get aide with a growing Blood Troll problem back home, is she supposed to ask the people who kidnapped her first?

With enemies on all sides, and not willing to trust his daughter’s views about allying with outsiders, he didn’t have a wealth of options at that point.

Allies do have to prove themselves.

They were part of the reason he died, so yes.

The Alliance opened up hostilities first.

She actually is smart and it was the Alliance that closed off that option by initiating hostile acts on her person.

3 Likes

You are responding to a post made 3 years ago. I doubt Gotacolt (which is probably one of Everiens alts) is still ‘around’.

2 Likes

Call me self indulgent, but when I get notifications from threads like this… necro’d threads… it does make me reflect on the past. And how right I am.

That necro damm.

Sorry to disappoint but that is not me.

2 Likes