Taking a break to play skyrim for the first time

a friend was telling me about skyrim and since im taking a break until pre patch I was thinking of picking up Elder Scrolls Skyrim. How is it if? My friend says there is no end to Skyrim, so it just goes on and on.

If you played Skyrim what is your opinion on it? Guess I’ll give it a shot.

2 Likes

Get the Special Edition. More stable, better looks. But very much worth the price.

12 Likes

I’ll look into it. Just need something to do until Shadowlands comes out. Done with BFA

I wouldn’t even recommend skyrim VR if you have VR. There are much better titles out there.

1 Like

This.

Nice thing about Skyrim (and Morrorwind, Fallout 3,4) is the mods. You can add quests, items, npcs, change the terrain, add new areas. The games are sandboxes.

I have a paltry 250+ hours in Skyrim. Not sure if that is a good thing or not :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Skyrim is one of the best games ever made, if you want the full experience you’ll want some mods. Go to nexus and check out the top mods list, there are several good ones to pick from.

7 Likes

That is awesome. Guess I’ll be sinking some major hours into it.

Get the unofficial Skyrim patch mod.

6 Likes

skyrim? the solo game? Hardly ‘on and on’. its not even that big a map.
ESO online is pretty big. Not WoW big, but pretty big.
Both are about the same as far as fun goes.

Oh yeah, im going to mod it after I complete the main quests and become God like. I told my friend im eager to destroy a village lol

That’s putting it mildly. I have just a bit over 1000 hours spent on Skyrim.

4 Likes

Do your research with modding.

But don’t go crazy with it… might overwhelm you.

1 Like

Just a warning. Be very careful what NPCs you kill. Once they are gone,
they do not come back, ever. That includes NPCs that are needed
for quests later in the game.

In one of my times of playing. I had a random vampire attack on
Whiterun. One of the NPC merchants that I went to a lot was
killed in the attack. She never returned. NPC deaths are final.

1 Like

Just play it, we’ll see you in December when SL launches, maybe? You’ll probably get hooked.

Literally my first experience:

16 Likes

It’s definitely worth playing. TES is top notch at immersion and questing imo but lacks in combat and character building.

The experience certainly can be a rabbit hole if you get into modding just because there’s just an insane library of mods for that game that’s daunting.

1 Like

The Skyrim Space Program.

3 Likes

And the OP needs to watch this very helpful intro for new players:

10 Likes

Be careful if you get into modding. This might sound like a joke, but it is straight up an addiction. I have probably spent more time modding the game than actually playing it. Mods allow for unlimited potential; there are some DLC level quest mods that are really good, overhauls that vastly improve the game, graphical improvements, immersion enhancers, etc. If you do it right, it will be one of the best gaming experiences you can have. It’s just very complicated and requires a lot of time to perfect a high mod load. There are lots of tutorials out there so I want bother you with that. I would suggest using Mod Organizer 2 if you want to go that route though. It has something of a learning curve, but it is incredibly useful.

1 Like

One of the first time I played Skyrim my wife was walking behind me and saw a mammoth flying across the sky, and now, however many years later, if I mention it it’s always “that game with the flying mammoths” to her.

This is a true fact.

4 Likes