Take to the Skies with Skyriding

Take to the Skies with Skyriding

In The War Within™, players will be able to take to the skies on many flying mounts using new flight mechanics with Skyriding.

View Full Article

31 Likes

Why not allow steady flying only mounts to remain with steady flying enabled while our skyriding mounts are toggled for that?

31 Likes

Wait will we have to re-learn riding if we already had dragonriding maxxed?

5 Likes

Another expansion where I’ll struggle to land in specific locations because I’m forced to use skyriding and can’t use normal flight. Why limit this?

49 Likes

You think you do, but you don’t. Don’t you guys have hand eye coordination?

In all seriousness, they just had to go and fumble this in the only way they could.

20 Likes

Because according to Blizzard, dynamic flying (I will never call it “skyriding”) is more engaging with the content and environment.

2 Likes

If it’s more engaging with content and environment, then people should gravitate naturally towards it. Forcing it like this will make people hate it with a passion.

28 Likes

I don’t know about “Skyriding”…
Given that the alternative is called “Steady Flight”, doesn’t “Dynamic Flight” feel better for a consistent naming convention?

18 Likes

Dunno. It’s been wildly popular all of DF. So much so, they expanded it everywhere, added more mounts and continued it into the next expansions.

Seems pretty popular and positive to me.

24 Likes

You’re right but forcing people to use it who don’t like it will have the opposite effect.

15 Likes

Apparently it wasn’t a problem in DF. Their metrics aren’t known to us. But if the metrics indicated loss of subs over dynamic flying, they wouldn’t continue it, I wouldn’t think.

4 Likes

There’s a reason the typically “better” content is forced on new players. They don’t want newer players to accidentally see the “worse” content and judge the game based off that experience.

Here’s my honest take. I genuinely think it’s a skill issue for people who can’t use skyriding. That being said, options are important. I see no reason to limit static flying for people unless they’re new to the game.

But, once you hit level 80 you’re supposed to unlock it, so you won’t have to wait long.

4 Likes

Exactly this. Dragon riding was one of the most praised systems to ever come out of world of warcraft in a long time. We may not have exact numbers, but blizzard does. What we do have access to is reddit posts/forum posts, which is a small sample size of a vocal minority. But overwhelmingly, it was positive.

7 Likes

Honestly, I love dragon riding, and am excited to see it available for other mounts. The unlock for static flying is also the easiest requirements to meet in the history of the pathfinder achievement. It’s still an arbitrary limit that shouldn’t exist and negatively impacts certain players, where not having the limitation wouldn’t effect anyone in any way at all.

11 Likes

Oh god I was assuming it would work that way so I could just keep a slow flight mount on the bar and not have to switch. That’s annoying.

10 Likes

No, they somehow made it obnoxious and stupid to toggle between them when we don’t even have that now.

16 Likes

:expressionless:

bliz y

2 Likes

Corrupt-a-Wish

6 Likes

I don’t think anyone would care about the toggle if it was instant cast. You can keep the requirement to be grounded. You could then make two macro’s, like for me I would have a random favorite mount button, and a button that toggles.

I think the issue is that it’s like a 5 second cast.

So Let’s use my druid priviledge and instant flight form away to my questing destination. Well now I want static flying so I can fly around. I have to cast a 5 second cast and then switch again when it’s time to leave.

Add 1.5 seconds for any of you non druids for every time you mount too.

4 Likes

I can name at least 3 forum goers who insist everyone hates dragon riding and that static flying is still the majority preference lmao.

4 Likes