Take a moment to thank Ion

I have more of a problem with hissy fit Lore than I do Ion at this point.

Thank him for what? Fixing issues he created himself and remained defensive on despite the community being against it?

I have nothing harmful to say to the devs, but this current dev team should look back to the Jeff Kaplan era of this game and take some notes.

Game Design under Jeff Kaplan peaked 12-13 million subs.

5 Likes

Honestly man, don’t bother. I don’t need help defending myself, and I don’t feel the need to do so with that individual, either.

Appreciate the support, though. :heart:

3 Likes

My point went right over your head. if I dug through his post history there is no doubt I could find where he had argued in favor of the whole azerite system. The guy will argue with anyone who says anything against what Blizzard does.

You never know who is responsible for what behind the scenes, but all my least favorite things about WoW have happened under Ion’s watch. No, I won’t be thanking him any time soon.

6 Likes

Feel free to waste twelve hours of your life trying if you’re so inclined.

Spoiler alert though – at best, you’ll find me telling someone that “Azerite system sucks,” isn’t useful as feedback.

Except, you know, I’ve also given my feedback.

But you wouldn’t know that, I suppose.

1 Like

:heart:

I remember that thread, it was the day after I called you out on how you never have an opinion that doesn’t align with what Blizzard does. I laughed pretty hard when I saw it.

Why do I get the feeling that you’re under the impression that posting a final draft of something I’d rewritten several times over the course of a week or two was prompted by you and you alone?

I’m sure you get a lot of feelings. Anyways, you have a good day. I have to step away and do some real life things. See you later.

You have a good day too. I’ll be waiting with baited breath for your inevitable return, so that I can continue throwing hug .gifs at you.

Sooooo back on topic. No, Ion took the helm after MoP and honestly the only reason Legion survived the terrible reputation of WoD and now BfA is because they stuffed it to the gills with “Rule of cool”. Keeping you busy and distracted with lots of neat and climatic things, only for them to have used it all up and we get BfA.

I would rather trust Hello Games to make WoW than Ion.

1 Like

…I’m not sure who this statement is being meaner to. Is that bad? I feel like that’s bad.

Creators of No Man’s Sky, if thats any indication. Though, in fairness, seems they have done a lot to bring it up since release.

Oh, I know who they are. I just don’t know if it’s meaner to Ion or to them to draw a comparison between the two.

Youre right, ill send an email to Hello Games and apologize at once.

Zing!

This is what Ion and his team do. They remove/change things for no reason at all, then act like they’re “compromising” with the community when they realize the damage they’ve caused.

Then we get people like you who think Ion and his team of developers are actually doing something about the “problems,” but they’re just patting themselves on the back by adding a portion of what they removed two patches ago.

4 Likes

at least the creators of no mans sky had the courage to admit they made mistakes and continue working on the game to make it not a buggy mess anymore, following up on promises and listening heavily to community feedback.

Blizzard on the other hand “claims” to listen to their community when in reality they’re getting worse and worse with every iteration. 50 characters is the only good idea in recent times.

1 Like

The god has spoken