Tailoring Cooldown Suspensions and Reversals

This expansion has brought several changes to the game and has even more to come. Who’s to say that someone who’s been playing for awhile looked at it and said “Oh cool. No cool downs with professions anymore.”

Yeah - crafters are used to having one but we’re also used to 60 minute flasks and not 30 minute phials. Professions received a massive overhaul this expansion. It’s not unreasonable to believe that there’s no CD on something if the UI isn’t showing one. It’s very easy for someone - even someone who’s experienced - to believe it was an intended change among the 50 other things they changed with professions.

Where’s the blue post, coming from open beta, that says “Hey guys! There’s no CD displayed in game right now but please understand that we have intentions of putting a 24 hour CD on the following patterns.” (Or whatever value they want. They changed it multiple times in beta).

4 Likes

What’s the state of Blizzard’s QA testing teams these days?

6 Likes

You, that’s the state of QA… that’s you… and me…

4 Likes

Those who abused it should remain penalized but those that did less should be reversed.

Oh Im no blizz shill, I have many gripes about the state of the game but that doesnt excuse the whole exploit early exploit often philosophy people are adopting and blizz needs to deal with it

Exactly. They fired their QA testers last I heard. Now they have unpaid testers who can’t properly write up bug reports and we’re paying them to work AND get banned.

5 Likes

No kidding. The lack of guidance in the crafting is a huge beacon to me that professions were not a big enough focus in beta testing.

They REALLY need to change how they apportion out beta keys. As I went through watching the beta streamers, almost ALL of them were doing M+ runs constantly, and almost none of them were reporting any bugs they found.

I didn’t see any streamers discussing the meat and bones of leveling a profession all the way up. I didn’t see anyone talking about the confusion with specialty choice, knowledge acquisition, etc.

I didn’t see anyone discussing crafting orders and offering clarity on what can and cannot be used in that system.

Listen, I love the new professions, but it feels very untested, buggy, and unbalanced. And then they went and punished people for simply pressing buttons they were allowed to press in the game. Nice.

7 Likes

Y’all kind of went from 1 to 100mph, with the new way of doing things for professions.
A gradual introduction might have been better, aye?

On a side note - you all are still bad little beans for what you did to Arthas. :frowning:

1 Like

Without fail the old saying still remains, “exploit early, exploit often”.

2 Likes

Too bad that it took people getting suspended for you to look into this, despite all the feedback in beta and after about how unclear the system is.

5 Likes

So in their own post they admit people used it with out knowing it was a bug, but are still gonna punish people who used it, whom also didn’t know it was a bug…

Gotcha, so you got to punish someone so you dont have to admit it was entirely your fault.

2 Likes

Not only that, but there was no blue post indicating that this was a bug / that using it was an exploit and unintended. For a dev team that was trying to “communicate more”, I’m not really seeing it.

5 Likes

Exploit early, exploit often meta restored.

2 Likes

Very sad and annoying to see. Punishing tryhards who abuse the system and then reverting it just shows there are tiers of customers with different enforceable rules when in reality it should be the opposite. The more tryhardy a person, the more aware they were of the expectations and intent of the system and thus the blatant willingness to exploit it should be more harshly punished.

The logical choice would have been to remove mats and skill points according to how much it was done since they apparently have the numbers on how much it was done

7 Likes

There’s no way to tell in game how many crafts a day you’re supposed to get: the skills don’t say it’s a daily cooldown (and it’s not), and the knowledge based skills have vague language about reducing/not incurring the cooldown.

5 Likes

This whole thing with letting people keep what they exploited is just ridiculous

2 Likes

Yes, it is very confusing, tbh. I didn’t do beta, so professions are new to me. I could easily see how someone would not know this tailoring bug was an “exploit”.

Imagine what the world first raiders and those that learned these exploits during beta got.

1 Like

Strip them of it all too I say, maybe being knocked out of contention will teach em to quit being sketchy

2 Likes