System flags

Who is this “they” so I can keep an eye out? I’ve seen more than a few references to this, but I genuinely don’t know who would do that, or what sort of echo chamber they’re allegedly creating.

1 Like

Pretty much the ones you see defending the b tag in here if you see them defending it that’s the ones that want an echo chamber

1 Like

We dont need btags, we just need account wide mutes and blocks, like every other forum in existence.

1 Like

Well, the person you’re replying too wouldn’t actually know, because they don’t have access to any information on who flags who. Nobody except for Blizzard does, and Blizzard would never reveal who flags who.

Hm… I could see how listing the btag would potentially cause issue, so one point there. Maybe it should be silently tied to the forum account that way a user could ignore an entire user, rather than the character? Though I fail to see how that creates an echo chamber in that instance.

Clearly we don’t need btags

Just list the person’s actual name and address, that’ll solve everything

Don’t forget shoe sizes.

can you explain your potential issue? Cause I can’t think up anything I can do with your bnet… I can send you a friend request, but thats it?

While with your character name and server, I can send you mails regardless if you accepted my request or not and try and find you in game.

Only thing I can see is possible spamming of requests if it’s shared out, and that’s reason enough for me to be a bit more cautious about its listing.

Block them solved

You’re going to have to read down through the thread it’s been explained in here a couple times already and I’m not really willing to keep repeating myself

With all due respect, I see points about a specific group allegedly wanting an echo chamber, but not to what end or what they want to echo/prevent from being seen specifically. I hope you’ve understood that I’ve tried to meet halfway by looking.

2 Likes

I believe all their other games use btags on their forums. I mean overwatch has it without any rioting and that game has problem players.

It’s only not here so people could role-play, but unfortunately we get nights like yesterday where people decide to just kick off and scream slurs, threats and an undying devotion to Russian dictators on their alts.

1 Like

Like I said I’ve laid it out and a number of posts up above you’re either going to have to read that up above or just accept that you don’t know the entire situation with this ongoing problem with this group. That’s all I can say

It’s also possible to add character-server names to your friends list without the requirement that the other person friends you back.

A creepy one-way ‘friendship’. At least with btags you need consent.

3 Likes

I and several others have posted our btags. I’ve only had 1 person add me. They have said nothing to me in the past 6 months they have been on my list.

3 Likes

Fair point, and that’s why I’ve just said possible spamming.

So who counts as this group anyway

Well if you go into the threads that they’ve been in the past what they do is they will harass and troll trying to get you to respond and then they start flagging your posts to try to silence you. And they’ll keep repeating that until you just give up and start putting them on ignore which ends up giving them the echo chamber they’re looking for.

2 Likes

Anyone that doesn’t bend a knee and support their false accusations of mobbing.

5 Likes