Sylvannas negativity

And yet you advocate for Tyrande to not be dangerous nor to win.

9 Likes

Googled Nikita Gill and this came up “Her work offers reflections on love, and feminist re-tellings of fairytales and Greek myths”, told me everything I needed to know.

1 Like

Yes I am a “misogynistic” woman. Get over yourself, just because I don’t agree with misandry doesn’t mean I hate women or myself for that matter. Do you have a different false narrative you want to push onto my character in an attempt as proof that “people only hate on Sylvanas because she is a women” or will you delete your post again.

9 Likes

Even women can have ingrained misogyny.

1 Like

Great, good on them. I don’t.

But care to clarify how I’m misogynistic for not liking “feminist re-tellings of fairytales and Greek myths”.

2 Likes

hey, some things done in that light are actually rather good.

2 Likes

Have yet to read one that is good, I’m of the opinion that if you want to tell that sort of story you should create your own instead of hijacking someone else’s work.

3 Likes

I am just waiting until they accuse Amonet of being my alt.

8 Likes

Kind of a terrible example, cause that’s basically all of the Greek Myths. Basically none of them were ‘originally’ from the poets/writers we know today.

And half of the myths were told in a hundred different ways depending on where in Greece.

4 Likes

Since all Greek Myths can be summed up to “So zeus decided to stick his PP in it” What would the rewrite be? Hera going around sleeping with stuff and causing all the trouble?

1 Like

It’d usually be about the troubles of the woman that he decided to have ‘relations’ with that year. Since the myths usually will just focus on the offspring.

1 Like

Did they gender swap Herakles into a woman back then?

Well, that’s not exactly something I would have expected for a ‘feminist re-telling’.

but, no, genderswapping was generally the realm of norse myth, not greek.

I know there’s a lot of people I respect here who don’t like Sylvanas based on narrative reasons, that’s fair, I respect that. But there’s a lot of people who don’t like her because of ingrained negative perceptions and biases against powerful women or feminine roles in society, it’s not as uncommon as you think it is.

The same gripes some of you have about the treatment of Tyrande are the same gripes some of us have about the treatment if Sylvanas.

I wish would could have found more common ground.

The gender swapping in Norse mythology was done by the gods who had the power to shapeshift, Loki being the prevalent one. It was sorta of an off shoot like “this time god X who was a man took the for a woman” and not “God X has always been a woman in my version of the story”.

Can we get back on track with the topic instead of 2022 ideologies.

4 Likes

Care to highlight some of those people with their comments ?

4 Likes

Pretty sure this topic died somewhere around the 40th reply, if not just immediately.

2 Likes

No, not really. OP asked why people hated Sylvanas and there were plenty of answers of people explaining why until someone made the claim of “most of these aren’t valid reasons you just hate her because of whaman”.

8 Likes

From now on, anytime I hear the complaint “You don’t like Sylvanas because you don’t like strong women!” type accusations, I’m reminded of this machinima video;

This video aged like fine wine, especially after what we learned about Brack. And I feel the same way Anduin does about that accusation.

9 Likes

I think the writers are absolutely the problem.
But the subset of the community who try to rationalize and defend the writers and their questionable decisions are also problematic, where they create the endless debates on the forums.
What the writers made Sylvanas do is indefensible. What they are doing now trying to salvage her is also indefensible.

They don’t defend no but they do use characters like Andiun to telegraph to us how we should feel and where the moral compass is pointing us towards.
Some players think this causes the story to be more Stormwind/Human focused but I disagree. Its Andiun focused and his idealism that writers push to us.
Stormwind and Humans are much more nuanced and complex… or should be… compared to one or two characters that are constantly on our screens.

7 Likes