Sylvanas voice actress should get an oscar/emmy

Pretty sure she doesn’t do the banshee wail herself. That would wreck any VO artist, I would think.

They feature a lot less but Michael Bell and Taliesin Jaffe have some amazing lines in the game.

(and as much as I love them, and Liam O’Brien and Laura Bailey, the VO in WoW is hammy in a very satisfying way)

1 Like

But then Ricky Gervais will talk about her being friends with Felicity Huffman’s prison husband, Betty.

I freaking love Taliesin Jaffe and all the other guys on Critical Role. Even if I’m WAY behind.

Seriously Liam O’Brien as Illidan is always great.

Gideon Emery as Lorthemar is like butter <3

3 Likes

Marina Sirtis played Counselor Lieutenant Commander Deanna Troi on Star Trek: The Next Generation. She sounded exactly like Demona. Because she was Demona’s voice actor.

Also, David Xanatos was voiced by Jonathan Frakes, who played Commander Riker on Star Trek: The Next Generation. And Brent Spiner both voiced Puck and played Lieutenant Commander Data.

2 Likes

Gargoyles is SO GOOD.

1 Like

dude, i loved Data. I think he saved that series, it was a great replacement for Spock

2 Likes

The Sylvanas character is fantastic.

The Sylvanas story line is the garbage.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s autotune. Sylvanas is actually voiced by T-Pain. :grin:

3 Likes

I really like Bwonsamdi. VA is great, just like Syl’s. I never not minded dying so much since they put Bwonsamdi in.

He’s fun. I hope he stays.

2 Likes

Keith David voiced Goliath. Oh my that voice was wonderful.

I’d watch it just to hear his voice. Helped that it was a good show, too.

I just know they need more Azula.

Patty Mattson is a gift…

She does a lot of voices on kids shows

5 Likes

I like her voice but the best voice goes to the Sha of anger. Every time i go to Kunlai and hear him, makes me giggle.

I honestly agree!

1 Like

Fairly sure that whoever voices She of Anger also does Grand Warlock Nethekurse and the Big Bad Wolf.

Wolf ----> /script PlaySound(9276)
Nethekurse ----> /script PlaySound(10269)
Sha ----> /script PlaySound(29010)

While we’re on the topic of voices… Gallywix’s voice is his only likable trait.

For anyone interested here is a snippet of the voice actor panel from 2018 that feature some of the characters mentioned above. The full panel was pretty cool :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I liked her voice when she was consigned to “What joy is there in this curse?” I could get behind that Sylvanas, she was a beautiful elf in the prime of life and all that was taken away. I liked her sad more than aggro, I guess is what I’m saying. There was a feeling early on that she was profoundly sad and leading the forsaken gave her purpose. Maybe I read into it too much, but I don’t recognize what the character has become from the early days, like when she was a monochrome night elf.

The voice acting isn’t anime levels of bad, sure, but it’s hardly compelling to me. The “story” is just where I happen to be when I play the game, they could literally just throw a world together with no story (feels like they do this anyway as the stories are sophomoric and lowest common denominator storytelling) and if it had good mechanics I would happily play it if all the quests had zero text but what to do. Just a look at the rest of the story. If I want stories I read books, if I want to play games I play games. I’d rather the two not meet, both concepts get watered down when they mix imo.

1 Like

If I had to pick one voice actor from bfa to get an award, it would probably be bwonsamdi’s.

6 Likes

My friends call him Bob Salami

2 Likes