Sylvanas Sabotage

As I said I am not interested an imagined explanation on how Zovaal managed to accomplish his goal.

If the theory is that he threw millions of plans at a wall and see what stuck. Then show me where this is stated.
“That one time those lich kings totally failed on me” is not the proof you think it is.

Its what we call conjecture.
“an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.”

If its not conjecture then please provide the complete information.

Are you looking for proof the Jailer was locked up? Or proof he was responsible for the Burning Legion or all the Lich Kings?

There was a cinematic. One of the Runecarver’s memories that explains it. The Jailer was responsible for the Lich King, that’s the lore.

I am looking for proof that Blizzard’s writers are trying to present Jailer as a villain who threw millions of plans at a wall and of those plans a dozen of them actually worked out and here we are.

Him being locked up or not could not matter less.

You claim he is such a villain? Prove it.

1 Like

That’s established lore of Shadowlands.

2 Likes

Then it should be very easy for you to show it.

2 Likes

Literally go play Shadowlands :eyes:

6 Likes

I would have to show you all of Shadowlands. It’s there. Go play it.

6 Likes

I would not wish this on my worst enemy.

2 Likes

I want you to point to the exact moment of this 1 minute and 26 seconds that supposedly includes this:

So… if you have evidence of the Jailer being this relentless planner with thousands of thousands and thousands of plans… and NO master plan and all he did was just waited to see what worked out as Taelisn claims he did.

Good luck.

But that’s what happened, there’s no alternative interpretation.

Literally nothing in that video showcased anything that Taelisin or Cursewords are theorizing about.
Maybe you should actually play shadowlands and understand its issues before commenting on it before white knighting for Blizzard.

1 Like

I’m not being a white knight for Blizzard. It just seems like you lack a basic understanding of the story of Shadowlands.

1 Like

Can your mortal minds fathom?
How long I have waited.
Every event set in motion,
Every pawn put into play.

Is this what you’re looking for?

Oh, for sure. I’m just saying: I too was relieved when I first saw the video, like oh okay… maybe this was just an in-house mess and everything just went sideways… thanks goddess…

…then I suddenly remember Grimoire of the Shadowlands exists and suddenly I’m sad again. :frowning:

2 Likes

I think this is one of those vague statements that we know Zovaal is behind it all but… how much? Is it the masterplan scenario or really him trying thousands of things finally succeeding at one.

To be honest though the statement does come off as more of Masterplan than something else.

1 Like

It sure makes the term “Wrynnsplaining” have a whole new meaning…

6 Likes
3 Likes

Unfortunately blizzard isn’t framing it that way. Just look at his datamined intro dialogue to his encounter. Or how Blizzard originally wanted to say that he has never known defeat with the lore entry in the adventure guide. Then you have Mal’ganis basically saying everything has fallen into place. Sargeras, Argus, the legion etc.

I do agree with Tali’s take that the Jailer wasn’t this infinite-d chess master who had everything fall into place the way he wanted. Because that makes no sense. However that is what Blizzard wants Zovaal to be like. They want him to basically be an antagonistic mary sue.

However the part of Tali’s take that I don’t agree with is Sargeras asking the Dreadlords to torture Argus to turn the baby titan into a battery. To me it would seem that he would task his Coven to do that. Given the Coven are experts in torturing world souls. Aggramar is proof that their methods work. Or Sargeras did it himself. He knows how to anchor demonic souls to a set point in the Twisting Nether. Mardun is proof of that. Plus to enter the world soul chamber, let alone the actual burning throne itself you needed special sigils to bypass the defenses (we disable those defenses if you do the raid properly). According to the 2nd skip quest for ABT.

Plus I don’t think there is anything so far on the PTR to explain how the Dreadlords pumped Argus full of death magic. Blizzard just says they did and that is it.

Also it is extremely funny that if Eonar didn’t do her Deus Ex Machina, then Zovaals gambit with us killing Argus would’ve fallen flat on its face. I feel that it is the biggest problem with Argus being the one to disable the robot Arbiter. Too many pieces on the chess board needed to be moved in certain ways. And in ways that either himself or his minions had no involvement in.

The legion would’ve found another way to begin an invasion onto Azeroth. So the whole AU Gul’dan thing can be brushed aside. However the reason why we go to Argus stems from Velen growing a pair and chasing after Kil’jaeden as the portal was closing. If Velen just stayed behind and the portal closed then what? At that point the Legion has to find another way to invade. And Zovaal has to bank on another convolved way to get us to Argus and defeat the Titan.

This is the key problem with Blizzards story telling. It is all shock. All noise. They intentionally leave things vague so they can go through several fan theories. Take the one that sounds the “coolest” and run with it. Even if it does not make any narrative sense when you just think about it for a moment.

This ends up being true. Even though the Lich Kings failed him, destroying the helm of domination pieced the veil and allowed direct access to Azeroth from the Shadowlands and visa versa. In fact that part is crucial as it allowed his Mawsworn Kyrians to kidnap Anduin and it allows him a direct way to hurt Azeroth in his encounter.

So this generates a question. Was the ultimate goal of the Lich King just to gather power only for the helm to be destroyed and open up a gateway to the Shadowlands. Or was it to cleanse the world of those who would defy him? Because the latter would hurt his goals of getting a noble soul to get the Archons sigil. Since if no-one was alive on Azeroth due to the scourge, how would he get a noble soul? But I guess that is what the Forsworn are for. But that is a gamble to expect the Paragon of Loyalty to take a special interest in a soul scared by Frostmourne. Tell her boss about what she had seen and get told, “it’s not my job”. Therefore Devos would betray her boss and form the Forsworn.

Plus if no-one was alive on Azeroth… how would Argus die so the Arbiter would get disabled? If Zovaal is just throwing darts at a wall and seeing what sticks. Then throwing two darts that will prevent either one from working is really really stupid. In Blizzards efforts to paint him as this “ultimate mastermind”, they actually paint him as the most bland and stupidest villain this series has EVER seen.

3 Likes

I’m surprised by the Bellular dislike being shown in this thread. He’s not flawless, as seen by some of the clickbait he puts out, but I think he’s likeable with a good personality. My main gripe with him is how he tries to crowbar a Yrel Holy Crusade happening in his speculation videos. I find him much more preferable to Taliesin, who has been a hard-core vocal Blizzard shill; despite what he’s said in the recent video, he’s claimed before that Sylvanas doing the Wrathgate is brilliant and has argued with people about it being something that has always been the case. Also in the recent video, he states that he fanboyed about Zekhan to Terran Gregory for an hour before he was given a name, he was nothing more than a damn meme character at that point, to get so excited for that is either unreasonable fanboyism or disingenuous.

5 Likes

I remembered previous conversations we had about that. I agree with him about Argus, as well.

As I played Shadowlands, I have often thought - “I see what Blizzard is going for, they just didn’t explain it well or build it up enough for the casual fan.” That seems to be something Talieson has said a few times that has gotten people riled. I happen to share is opinion there.

People were theorizing that Argus was what knocked out the Arbiter since we saw her get knocked out by some red attack. Some clues were : he dropped a red scythe on Mythic. Sylvanas mentioned the power of unmaking in Shadows Rising. And there was talk of an unseen victory when Argus is defeated. It wasn’t some notion that came out of no where. It has evidence. And it ended up being the case - well, according to the PTR.

Maybe it was too subtle and scattered for the casual player base. But it was there.

2 Likes