Sylvanas Sabotage

There are intentional horror moments in Twilight that are well written. When the bad vampires in Italy are first introduced, it goes into detail about how they lure in tourists then eat them. When Bella gives birth, it’s explained how in pain and terrified she is because her child is eating her from the inside. It’s surprisingly graphic, considering its audience. I’m not saying the subject matter and plot points are good, I’m saying the writing style and detail is.

1 Like

A solid 60%

At least

Which is sad because WoW would be greatly improved if the creators were more familiar with cultures, myths, and histories.

The fact all of Shadowlands is just Western European Based and even Zereth Mortis is meant to be “UNFATHOMABLE” when it’s literally just the Irish Causway with a Japanese botanical garden and a sprinkle of Egyptian pyramids is just

Depressing

An entire world of death to draw from and they settled for this

11 Likes

I noticed blizz has a habit of taking things from Ireland, whether it’s from pagan beliefs/myths or actual places and just getting it….wrong.

Not to mention the Carribean stuff they also mutilate and I know how you feel about that stuff

7 Likes

I hadn’t realized this LOL

5 Likes

“TREES YOUVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE”

*A floating bonsai *

“LAND THAT BENDS YOUR IMAGINATION”

*A famous weird Irish beach *

“TERRAIN FILLED WITH MYSTERY”

*A desert with some pyramids and tombs a la Cairo and Valley of the Kings *

“YOU CAN WALK ON WATER”

Please

12 Likes

At a training for Black Belts (4th dan would be the juniors there), with the Grandmaster, one got tired of the second day of doing literally the most basic punches over and over; he asked the Grandmaster when they’d get to learn something new.

He was told that they’d be taught something else when they did the punches right.

His response was to say they knew how to punch.

As everyone else watched, the Grandmaster smiled at him and said: “Punch me.”

He tried, he wasn’t even close; the Grandmaster didn’t bother blocking, he moved out of range and smiled at the still unfinished punch.

The next day was, again, basic punches.

2 Likes

I can’t believe you just called the basalt columns if the Giants Causeway, “a famous weird looking beach”

Hexagons are the building blocks of Life and also represent Saturn/Death… there’s a reason they are used in Zereth Mortis.

2 Likes

We both know at best they read a summary of Lon Milo Duquette’s Chicken Qabbalah and perhaps the Silver Ravenwolf collection

I’d he in abject shock and awe if anyone on the writing team had copies of the Three Books of Occult Philosophy or even Liber ABA, let alone any actual Hermetic Grimoire

And I said a famous weird IRISH beach :stuck_out_tongue: i am 1/64th Irish

2 Likes

Okay, but why did they have to steal from my culture to insert such stuff?

Like what does it solve?

So they’ve never played TBC Nagrand?

So they’ve never played Shaman or Death Knight?

The best Shadowlands zone remains Revendreth for me. Hell, I honestly think Shadowlands could’ve possibly been better if they’d just made Revendreth the whole thing, just scale it up to continent size, Sire Denethrius and the Dreadlords the main villain, make it clear that it’s technically only Purgatory, and that the real afterlives are too 'far and unknowable for mortals, even low-ranking Venthyr don’t know too much about them."

3 Likes

Well, technically, depending on where you get your history, the Irish stole it from the Egyptians first. There’s a myth of an Egyptian Princess named Scota who brought Egyptian occultism to Ireland and Scotland, the Cult of the Serpent.

1 Like

i was talking about using the Basalt Beach in Ireland and using it as some Unknown Mysterious Island. It’s just lazy if you ask me :smiley:

(And how does one steal something if said person bought it there? :eyes:)

It’s not actually, it shows a great deal of understanding of mythology, but also concerning some ancient astronaut theory, and creationist myth involving an ancient race of giants possibly related to the nephilim, and the Book of Enoch. It’s very on brand with Occult Blizzard.

1 Like

Actual giants don’t nor have ever existed though. Sure, there were and are people who reach 7-8ft tall. But that’s due to a hormonal disorder and likely where the stories of giants came from.

When the average person back than was barely 5 ft tall, someone being 7 ft tall is…well going to be gigantic compared to everyone else

That is true. That is the accepted science of evolution. But there’s a large subset of people who believe that the human race that lived during the antediluvian period of Earth’s history were actually the children of the fallen angels and were giants who lived for hundreds of years. Our Biblical stories were oral stories passed down from these ancient human/angel hybrids who almost got wiped out in the flood, that’s what the Enochian Bible says, and many occultists and Christians believe it’s the true Bible.

What’s concerning is these same themes and myths are found in Blizzard’s Diablo franchise, so they know about Occult mythology.

Blizzard literally went, for “9.2 lets have the players learn an enochian language!”

I’m not saying your wrong or anything. There are stories of giants found all over the world. Only one I’m familiar with is Balor, he was a described as a God of Death and a leader of a malevolent group of giants and with his one eye, he could instantly kill anyone who looked at him.

Yeah, but I’m specifically talking about ancient Abrahamic faith, and the mythology related to it.

The Book of Enoch is an ancient Hebrew text about the time before the Great Flood.

3 Likes

Oh. Okay. Sorry, I was just pointing out some things aren’t unique to Christianity is all. :smiley:

Large, or loud?

If you subscribe to the theory of evolution we still all evolved from a tribe of 200 homosapiens in Pangaea, if that’s the case than our mythology is the same which explains why so many cultures share the same proto-european myths.