Sylvanas Sabotage

No one, Baal, no one gives you the right to call someone a racist without any proof.

Are Tauren a 1-to-1 copy of the Natives or are they influenced by them? I would lean towards the second, do you know why? Because the Natives didn’t have ONE culture but a variety of cultures, and you know this, you know it, so why are you driving this narrative further

There are parallels, but the arrogance, this impudence just because someone does not agree with YOUR point of view to want to devalue someone…for this you should actually be reported, and for this you should be banned for a few days, so that you can think clearly again, you’re just acting like a little whiny child who does not get his lolly, and think that you can cover it up with intellectual phrases.

This is disappointing…the only jerk person right now…is you, because you speaks another opinion down without any proof, and try to frame them as racist

5 Likes

You’re the only one here being openly hostile :eyes:

First things first I’m posting on an alt because I play on EU.

Second.

Ah yes the strawman argument I was expecting. I will give you this though, I wasn’t clear enough and meant that “some of those people…” not “all of those people…”. As per the strawman argument, oh gee I wonder why said people would find it offensive to be compared to undead monsters that are missing emotions and have a compromised moral compass. I am sure that being a servant of the devil ( Lich King) is very flattering.

For the 1000th you are free to identify with whatever and whomever you want. That is what these characters are made for. But you cannot body paint them as something and them make claims such as sexism/homophobia/racist because you read them as such. That is the argument and that is the post I was responding to.

6 Likes

Back on topic and ignoring the 150 post derailment after the media-literacy-ignorant person stormed in,

One thing stood out for me from both Bellular’s and Taliesin’s video on the Afrasiabi Sylvanas Debacle

That the developers treated each wow expansion as if it was the last

I take two things from this:

1. That the age old adage of “we plan 2 xpacs in advance!” is a lie, or at the very least “plan” is being used very loosely here
  2. In the midst of the “rockstar”/“no negativity in the dojo” ideology, they actually had zero faith in themselves or the game or the community thereby, that led to them refusing to plan ahead meaningfully and world build internally for depth to slowly use in-game
4 Likes

You’re kinda being overly aggressive right now. What’s on your mind? I guess I’m trying to understand what may have happened recently that got you all fired up like this, you are skirting around something. just say it.

Is it possible that it is some combination of the two? Seems the last couple expansions, they been merely flailing in the dark and hoping no one notices the lack of planning

aka, it sounds like Blizzard is a toxic workplace. SA aside, toxic positivity and no plan or goal whatsoever, the goalposts always shifting sounds like a nightmare company to work for.

4 Likes

What the…, you know exactly that you have gone way too far, apologize at least for it, how can you expect better behavior from others towards you and your points, if you do not show it yourself?

YOU cannot demand respect for your culture and for the people of these cultures, and then miss it so painfully yourself, that is hypocritical…

And do not even dare to speak about “i´m tired …about xyz, ignorance, bla blub”, because in the end, its only your POV, your opinion, and every person have their own opionion, nothing she/he suggested was racist.

What’s your culture that Baal is offending?

I wasn’t talking about Bell in this instance, I was more referring to people like
Accolonn, Tali and Pyromancer. Bell as far as I’ve seen is pretty chill when someone disagrees with him. My main gripe with his lore videos is that 90% of them are based on head cannon and wishful thinking. For lore I prefer Nobble because his videos focus more on the objective side of the story and he barely gives way to personal theories.

1 Like

Oh definitely, but like

Why?

Why would they think each xpac is the last? And have that be a recurring internal thought? That’s just setting yourself up for self destruction.

Yeah like, what?

Anyone who says WoW is not representing anyone’s culture in-game vis-a-vis using IRL cultural elements for world building of races and their aesthetics is racist and not worth my time.

2 Likes

Let’s just drop it.

1 Like

It’s not about my culture, he wants public respect for his own heritage and culture , that’s what he’s about, a respect for his culture, I understand that, but then to go and call others who just don’t share his point of view racist. This is not worthy of a discussion, this is simply the behavior of a jerk.

1 Like

I’ve seen Accolon’s behavior towards people who disagree with him. He gets pretty fiery. I agree with you both about Bell’s takes on lore and that Nobbel is the go-to lore youtuber. (I like Nixxiom’s takes, but more for humor than accuracy).

Sounds good to me

1 Like

Please stop, while I do appreciate the attempt and the gesture I’m no damsel in distress to be saved or for someone to demand an apology on my part. If said person sees me as an -ist or -phobe of any kind, that’s on them. I find no offense in their words because people like them have devalued those words. I’m here to discuss lore.

Honestly? I don’t know. But you got to admit that blizzard has been treating WoW like it’s been on life support for a while for whatever reason.

Might have to do with the fact that, they thought the lawsuit and the allegations would sink them once they went public?

Nixx is more of humor/machinima type of guy, but yeah his videos were awesome, shame he moved on from WoW but I can’t really blame him, I’m jumping ship soon aswell.

2 Likes

…but, there’s a problem here. Forsaken ARE those things.
They ARE unnatural abominations, created by the foulest of black magics.
They ARE driven to various degrees of insanity by their condition, and the self-hated it inflicts on them. A part of them is permanently and fundamentally BROKEN by what they are when they become undead.
They prove time and time again that bigotry against them is fully justified via their actions, and their cries of victimhood ARE overshadowed by their extreme acts of gruesome violence against the ‘normal’- not simply living people, but against life itself by plaguing plants and animals.

this is what you’re comparing LGBT people to?

I vaguely grasp the idea you’re expressing, that someone other than ‘Mr Darkness Von Edgy Goth’ can relate to the Forsaken, but I honestly cannot, nor do I think I ever will. For the reasons listed above I just found it all sad and baffling.

11 Likes

Liked for your take on Nixxiom, not your departure. I’ve seriously considered jumping ship as well, I’ll see what 9.2 has to offer, though I’m not optimistic.