Sylvanas Quote from Recent Cutscene

In the most recent cutscene in Shadowlands, Sylvanas Windrunner says, “we can’t even choose who we…” and then stops herself because she was getting emotional. Any theories as to what she was going to say?

3 Likes

It could literally be anything because they’ve given us really so little to work with in Sylvanas. It could be “who we love”, “who we are”, “who we want to be” ect ect.

Rather annoying but predictable.

7 Likes

doesnt matter, anything she does doesnt matter, better to spend our time gathering purples and killing mobs, we will know in due time anyways.

I assumed she was going to say ‘who we love’. Though it doesn’t make a lot of sense in the context. Just because I can’t think of anything else as likely.

2 Likes

That was what I thought she was going to say too, but then I remembered both of her sisters shacked up with humans so who was really going to stop her from having her nathanos boy toy in life?

My first thought was, “Who we spend our afterlives with.” Everyone we’ve seen has been separated from their families in the Shadowlands. Maybe deep down Sylvanas, even at her worst, was hoping she’d be able to see her parents and brother after she died. Then in Edge of Night, when she winds up in the Maw and apparently has a discussion with the Jailer, she finds out that’s not the case at all. So it’s one more thing she’s pissed off about.

9 Likes

Well my best guess was that maybe she just didn’t want to be in love. Or that she views her connection to Nathanos as some sort of weakness.

Are. Who we are. My two pennies

Who we serve.

8 Likes

That sounds right. She’s too proud to admit it out loud.

2 Likes

“We can’t even choose who we… Love. I love you, Anduin. I have from the moment I laid eyes upon you. My little lion, my boy king. I, Sylvanas Windrunner, love you with all of my heart. But I know it could never work between us. Your body is young, vibrant, warm, firm and alive. Mine is cold, dead flesh. Your Light would burn my Darkness, oh so exquisitely, but I could not survive you. And so all of this, from Teldrassil which I burned to show how brightly my passion and lust for you burns within my heart, to now, all of it has been so that we can be together. If I break the cycle, if I remake Death itself, I can make it so I am not undead, but alive. And we can be together at last.”

And then Anduin says, “ok, I love you too, and that’s why I didn’t try to stabbify you in the Lordaeron throne room even though absolutely everyone I was with thought it would be a good idea. And it’s why I really refused to push your people back from Darkshore, because I didn’t want to mess up your plans to unite us at last. And it’s the reason for every other tactically silly decision I made during BfA. Because I, Anduin Wrynn, love you too Sylvanas Windrunner.”

This is 100,000% exactly what would have happened and been said if Sylvanas hadn’t stopped herself.

12 Likes

Ding ding ding ding, give this man a cookie,

Who we become/became

Either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain.

The life and times of Sylvanas Windrunner.

Cest la vie

1 Like

The cringiest post I ever seen on this forum, but I love it. Make it happen!

Remember when Blizzard said we’d know everything up front?

:pancakes:

3 Likes

I’m terrified… but intrigued… but mostly terrified.

1 Like

We can’t even choose who we… have as relatives.

1 Like

So, one of my guild mates was being silly today, saying that the Jailer was Sylvanas’ long lost uncle or dead husband… And I was like, pft, no… but then I realized he had stumbled into a fair point. What if Sylvanas is in love with the Jailer?

I’ve been noodling it since I saw that cutscene. For me, it felt like she was going to say, “We can’t even choose who we love…” However, as far as I know, she sees Nathanos more as a lost puppy she’s taking care of. I’m pretty sure she doesn’t love him. Arguably, the only people she’s actually shown any sign of caring for are her sisters.

It would be a kind of a turn about of that situation if she were in love with the Jailer. Nathanos would do anything for her, despite the fact she’ll never love him in return. Perhaps that explains her remorse in saying she can’t choose who she loves. Now she knows how Nathanos feels.

2 Likes

“Serve” perhaps?