Sylvanas MC by N'zoth SPOILERS

I am confused as to why they have two of her lines from the Gilneas starting zone in that…

1 Like

wasnt wrong about what?

It’s a cop out, but it’s still probably the best option available to them at this point.

If she’s not mind controlled then she’s evil of her own volition. And that means she either dies (Sylvanas fans are upset) or she gets away scot-free (Sylvanas haters are upset). If it’s mind control then Alliance can avenge the Night Elves by taking out the guy truly responsible while Sylvanas can revert to her old, more popular characterization.

Frankly it is stupid, but I don’t see a better option. They’ve written themselves into a corner and now there’s no good way out.

What if she is fully aware and just evil?
Knowing Blizzard they could turn her into a genuine N’zoth’s worshipper without caring.

If she’s being mind controlled, which I don’t think she is because we see into her head in Before the Storm and it’s all her, then I hope it isn’t Old God crap. That’s lame. At least make it interesting like Bolvar is controlling her.

We know he was being sketchy in Legion. What if when Sylvanas slammed her fist into his ice throne and cracked it, and then killed herself, she made herself susceptible to Bolvar’s control, and so when she was revived by the Val’kyr she was under his control. This would explain why she has been a genocidal maniac since Cataclysm.

I personally like that better than have it be Old God manipulation because that gets old. (pun not intended)

1 Like

I think you are vastly overestimating how much Blizzard cares about what they write if you think they won’t throw previous canon out the second it no longer fits with the story they’re currently telling.

We’ll either get some line about how she thought she was doing it for those reasons but really just did it because N’Zoth told her to, or those passages will be declared non-canon.

I think it is likely MC wasn’t their original plan with Sylvanas and if it does happen, it’s a response to the backlash. As a result, it doesn’t fit with previous lore well, but that has never stopped Blizzard before. They change the story whenever they want.

1 Like