Sylvanas MC by N'zoth SPOILERS

To be honest, that version of Sylvanas does not line up in any way with the BFA/BTS Sylvanas we have. I really wonder what went on behind the scenes. Occam’s Razor points to a massive story shift for whatever reason some time after the cinematic went into production.

It checks out since we know that the cinematics take 6 months to a year to make.

3 Likes

i mean when you give her the dagger it kinda hints that she is possessed with her eyes darkening, but your character shrugs it off as a trick of the light

1 Like

Everything about the BFA story feels like it forgot about the forsaken race as a whole and that there are only like 3 forsaken that make it up. What do they expect the forsaken to do, turn on sylvanis and join whatever the new horde is?

I’d like to believe Sylvanas is still operating under her own agenda and isn’t a N’puppet, but that’s what is being telegraphed, so it’s probably true.

Edit: going a little further, I’ve been hyperfocused on whatever BBEG is stuck in the Shadowlands lately. N’zoth seems pretty concerned about it by my understanding, and Sylv seems hellbent on never going back there. So maybe they’ve retconned her into striking a bargain with the Shadowlands god-thing.

I did not believe the theories that Sylvanas was being mind-controlled. However, when i gave her the Black Blade the text says their is a brief flicker of darkness in her eye and I write it off and the light playing tricks.

Oh my…

Now I am starting to believe she may indeed being mind controlled. In the end it doesn’t matter though. I am Forsaken and Sylvanas is my Queen and I will stick it out with her to the very end.

Besides, Blizzard I believe is setting Anduin up for a fall. It is getting VERY clear to me that is going to happen. From back in Legion with Il’gynoth’s whispers, and Ogmott’s journal there is direct pointing at Anduin:

The boy-king serves at the master’s table. Three lies will he offer you. - Il’gynoth

Three lies. Da first one been told.
Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!
Da next gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one. - Ogmot

In the new raid N’zoth makes a couple statements that I believe to be talking about Anduin:

The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all.

The veil wanes. His crown will open the way.

He gave himself to the deep places. He gave himself to me.

So where Sylvanas is possibly/probably being mind-controlled, it appears that Anduin may be a servant of N’zoth himself.

3 Likes

I pray to the Old Gods you are right! I would love for Anduin to fall so we can kill him and be done with him on the Alliance.

1 Like

Sylvanas doesn’t need to be mind controlled for the most part as she’d be willing to make a deal with anyone to escape from the Shadowlands! Even N’Zoth. That’s not to say N’Zoth won’t be whispering into her head yet it is unlikely he has any control of her mind which is why she spared Alleria and Vereessa during their meeting.

Anduin is another story. He has aches that tell him what to do that result from the Divine Bell breaking on him! Him becoming mind controlled is unsurprising to say the least.

I think the Light bargain refers to Lightforged undead, and I think the Crown in question is in reference to the Lich King. The Veil is what separates the living and the dead, and iirc Cairne specifically mentions dark spirits crossing the veil in the Tauren heritage armor questline.

1 Like

i want cairne back…his son sucks.

3 Likes

I wonder if those are the same spirits as the ones involved with Vol’jin.

3 Likes

That one line about Sylvanas’ eyes suddenly going black is interesting, though. It’s not there by accident.

5 Likes

Did Kerrigan’s go black? Haven’t played Starhammer 40k.

Conveniently enough, the wiki article has a list. It goes green -> glowing yellow -> glowing amber -> glowing purple -> glowing orange. No black. Though her Narud doppelganger did get demonic pure black eyes.

I’m at a point where I just don’t want Sylvanas to die, now that Thrall’s back, so I’m on board with the MC. This gives me some hope.

2 Likes

Currently there is only one “Lightforged” Undead and that is Calia. Alonsus Faol was raised by Arthas, and of course Derek Proudmoore was raised by one of Sylvanas Val’kyr. Derek I believe is actually under Sylvanas control.

Regarding the Lich King, I didn’t think about that. The only “he” Kings I can think of in Azeroth are Anduin, Bolvar, and Genn. Bolvar has not raised anybody into undeath…yet anyway. In Legion it was the player DK who was doing the rezzing. Genn is a non-factor here. That leaves then Anduin or Bolvar. Now who raise someone into undeath - like I said not Bolvar. Anduin did in Before the Storm. He raised Calia into undeath. There is the crossing of the veil.

That also still leaves Il’gynoth and Ormot. The interesting thing about Il’gynoth’s whispers is some of them are starting to come to pass.

For example Il’gynoth says “The King of Diamonds has been made a pawn” Old God things showed up once in the chamber. Then in the latest quest as soon as magni walks in MOTHER dtects an immdediate threat to Azeroth which Magni twists arounf. Watch it again and you will see what I mean.

Anyway, will be interesting to see how it all plays out

2 Likes

I’m just not seeing Anduin as a likely candidate for being any sort of catalyst to propel a massive invasion from the Shadowlands. Nothing about him or his crown really indicates (so far) that he would be the one responsible. My money’s on Bolvar because he referred to himself as a jailer of the damned when he took the crown. If I were to speculate on another potential candidate, I’d go with Rastakhan—a nod to his bargain with Bwonsamdi.

1 Like

I would love for it to be Rastakhan. He got so much build up over the years I feel we did not get to see him very much.

My thoughts about Anduin I know are flights of fancy - I just would like to see my-bones-hurt-when-I-think-naughty-thoughts Anduin. I know that won’t happen though. Christie Golden is on the writing staff and she has NEVER written a cross word about Anduin - ever.

My glimmer of hope to see Anduin fall remains with Il’gynoth and Ogmot:

Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator. (N'zoth?)
To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars. (From N'zoth "Receive now the greatest of all gifts. My dream has become your own. The circle of stars made flesh." don't know what the circle of stars is)
The king of diamonds has been made a pawn. (Magni)
The lord of ravens will turn the key. (Khadgar?)
The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you. (He is constantly referred to as the boy-king...Anduin)
Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it. (I used to think this was Sylvanas, now I am pretty sure it is Jaina)
Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path. (The 5 Pillars)
At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming. (Sylvanas?)
From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength. (Thrall?)
Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below. (no idea)

At this point, yeah, the Boy-King almost has to be Anduin. We’ve been beaten over the head with in-game dialogue calling him boy-king outright, as well as the lying bit. Most of these seem plausible, but there’s a couple of other possibilities I’d lean towards:

The lord of ravens…” Medivh is still around in some fashion, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the Lord of Ravens in question. Khadgar hasn’t really had much of a presence this expansion (which was smart to avoid NPC fatigue) but I doubt very much they won’t have him around more in the future. If I recall, he’s spending a lot of his time in Karazhan at the moment.

Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.” I think this one is clearly Azeroth at this point. We’re pouring Azerite into this problem without stopping to question anything, and it’s a substance that (I think) is responsible for kicking off the current worldwide war.

Five keys… Five torches…” In-game events have eliminated the Pillars from the running, I think, given that we are outright referred to (our characters) as a torch to light the way by Xal’atath. So it looks like we’re dealing with a more abstract theme for this one.

From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength.” I’m still convinced this is also a reference to Magni, specifically re: azerite. The more azerite we pour into the Heart Chamber, the worse the Old God manifestations become.

Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below.” Azerite. My other longshot theory is that every single person using or hoarding azerite is either falling under some nefarious impulse or experiencing mild hallucinations. If it’s the latter, it might be the one thing that could save Sylvanas from getting the axe later, but I have no idea how it could be pulled off convincingly.

3 Likes

Well seems i wasnt that wrong

3 Likes