Sylvanas Has The Support Of The People And Thrall Knows He’s Committing Treason Against Them

Oh. Then you are forgetting about the plain fact that again… multiple Tauren tribes were next door neighbors in what we now call Kalimdor.

Equally or more responsible for not delivering aid Cairne didn’t ask for. This is a dumb headcanon. Cairne didn’t ask for help. Nobody neighboring him is responsible for not saving him because in WC3, it was not authorial intent to frame things this way. Just like it was not authorial intent to make Cairne seem like an idiot for not telling the Orcs not to go logging up north in elven territory where they worship their ancestors who live in trees, as well as worshipping the trees themselves.

Your headcanon placing blame where the story doesn’t is on you. Not the story, not the night elves.

So…blaming the entire Horde for something that was Sylvanas s decision (burning the tree) = Fatal sin

Buuut…

Blaming the Night Elves for not giving a crap about a peaceful race of nature worshipping people who where at the brink of extintion right beside them = Oh sooo unfair! After all. They didn t ask for help so let me just stand still and let them go extinct.

Makes sense…only not

7 Likes

WC3 did not indicate the Tauren and Night Elves had any relation to one another. You are conflating passivity with aggression. WC3 did not frame the Kaldorei as responsible for the Tauren. Likewise WC3 did not frame the Tauren for being responsible for the Kaldorei when their Orc friends went logging.

Blaming the entire Horde for being complicit in genocide because all races were present during the genocide, they remain part of the genocidal political entity afterward, and continue to lend aid and rally troops to their genocidal cause after the genocide is entirely devoid of reasonable comparison to the other circumstance.

1 Like

Its gonna be hard to leave when many allies and survivors of your leader’s victims will want you dead too

Sounds like someone I’d actually respect. A forsaken fan with good arguments? Now that’s no easy feat.

1 Like

So when it s elves who are able to help but decide not to it s ok.

But when other races who never sign on to it happened to be involved in an event they couldn t possibly predict and they never sign in for. Theeen theyare blamable.

Newsflash kiddo. When you are able to help a crime being prevented and you don t. It is also morally reprehensible, specially when you are a bunch of imortal beings who control nature and the race who s about to go extinct shares a lot of your culture.

But I think that s too much to hope from miss “If you vote Trump you are responsable for him locking mexican kids in cages”

Truth is. You are biased. If an elf does something reprehensible theeeen you come up with a ton of excuses to give them an out of jail card. But if it s anything else doing it then BOOM evil. No questions asked.

Oh pardon me while I cry them a river.

Oh I get it. You’re trolling. Haha nice bro you got me.

For a second I was taking you seriously. Like, really good job. Very good use of Poe’s Law here. I’m actually sitting here stunned in admiration.

I was like “How the hell do you hold the Anchorage Police Department not helping solve a murder/robbery in Montana equally responsible for what they did as a bunch of friends from Montana driving up to Anchorage and torching the entire town?”

So glad it finally dawned on me nobody would be that stupid.

The Horde actively participated in the slaughter and continue to support her.
The Horde and their entire populace is guilty as per Lorthemar’s own words.
Sylvanas committed WoW’s equivalent of the holocaust and the entire horde either shrugged their shoulders or cheered.

Why should the Night Elves concern themselves in war between two sentient creatures that they have no diplomatic relationship with?
At the time the only thing the Night Elves concerned themselves with were demons and if the Centaur were tainted by demons you can be sure they would have tried their best to kill them.

2 Likes

I don’t think Night Elves are to blame at all for the Tauren/Centaur thing. However, I do have to give a long side glance at Cenarius.

Has there ever been any kind of dialogue from him regarding his “grandchildren”? Was he even aware of them, or their connection to him?

7 Likes

Given the Highmountain were just fine, and only one tiny tribe out of oodles around the world were in danger, there’s a fair chance Cenarius just wasn’t aware of the non issue. Tauren as a species, according to WoW’s lore, were at no risk. WC3 and WoW perspectives conflict.

WC3 framed the Kaldorei and Cenarius as the ancient and feared enemies of the Legion. Not world police. Holding them to what makes sense after retcons change how we perceive races just doesn’t work. Which is why I keep saying it’s just as ridiculous to ask why Cairne didn’t mention the Kaldorei to Thrall before he sent Grom camping. Because WC3 made it clear the world was too big for those things to be concerns for one another.

WoW is the issue. WoW made the world a tiny doll house.

4 Likes

They have this weird headcanon that there were somehow legions of other unrelated Tauren on Kalimdor not being attacked by the Centaur. In spite of the lore we know.

4 Likes

Not legions exactly. Just the ~25 tribes or so ranging from Feralas to Winterspring. The tribes Cairne spent 5 years rallying and bringing to cohesion to found Thunder Bluff.

1. Where is twenty-five coming from, just looking at only surnames?
  2. Do you have something verifying their strength?
  3. Do you have something indicating they weren’t dealing with Centaur aggression themselves? (I only add this one as the language describing the situation very much makes it sound a collective racial issues rather than one tribe.)

I say legions because you keep insisting they had the strength to accomplish the defeat of the Centaur themselves.

1 Like

There are at least 14 Tribes that we know of, 16 named groups that may or may not be tribes, and that does not include the Tauren Tribes and Subraces that exist outside of Kalimdor.

1 Like

WoW framed it pretty clearly as Cairne bringing the nomads from around the world -inward-. To his region of the world. To found TB. Not “Cairne was traveling with some pals, founded TB with them, and then they all moved out away from TB over the span of 5 years, founding cities in that time.” No. What we actually get is “On the windswept mesa of Thunder Bluff, Cairne built a refuge for his people. Over time, the scattered tribes united under a single banner.” (actual quote there btw) instead.

Imagining the story as one where nomads go out and settle the world thanks to the Orcs, and not that the nomads, already scattered because they were nomadic, are brought to the interior to found TB thanks to the Orcs as the game states, is the headcanon. Regardless of how intuitive you think your take might be at first glance, the game outright said otherwise.

If that is what you got from what I said then I can’t help you. My point was the opposite. That the tribes weren’t accountable. Because the world was vast and the Tauren tribes were split from one another. The world was vast and distant groups, Tauren or otherwise, were not accountable for what was befalling Cairne’s group in a small section of the Barrens.

Respectfully, you misunderstood what I was indicating. My claim was not ‘the Tauren founded Thunderbluff, then spread.’ My point was that the Tauren have long been framed as primarily living in or right next to the Barrens. When Thunderbluff was founded, many went there. Some clearly did not.

There are not a significant number of Tauren settlements outside Mulgore and the Barrens. There are not these hundreds of Tauren cities all around Kalimdor. There’s mostly Mulgore and the Barrens. A couple around Stonetalon and Desolace (where the Centaur also live). Then like one in Thousand Needles and Feralas.

You were trying to establish the concept, ‘either both the Tauren and Night Elves are responsible for not helping or neither are’. I’m establishing that standard does not hold given what we know of the Tauren’s situation. That most of the Tauren seemed localized in/around the Barrens. And that they did not have the strength to solve the Centaur problem.

Just to requote where you said this. I’m holding the Tauren to a different standard because their circumstances were different. The framing being this was overall a problem for all Tauren that they just couldn’t overcome. Not that there were huge divides that somehow prevented them from working together to overcome it.

3 Likes

No. I told you what I was doing. I’m done with you not comprehending and now telling me what I mean. Bye.

I didn’t tell you what you meant. I directly quoted what you said. Usually you are a lot more reasonable than this.

2 Likes

The Tauren tribes outside the ones in WC3 don’t need to be great in number for what I was saying to hold. I, again was not stressing there being a great number. That was you, despite my saying more than once that my comparison’s focus wasn’t on quantity. The tribes did not lend aid. Period. And we do not need to hold them accountable. Period. Because the world was big. Period. The Night Elves were not accountable because the world was big and it wasn’t their business. Regardless of their number. Which, it should be pointed out, WC3 and vanilla stressed there were very few of them. You quote me and then attach your preconceptions and notions as a way of stating how my quotes function instead of listening to what I am actually saying.

The standard is 1. Not as unrelated because Nelfs are also small in number and 2. Not what I was talking about. The numbers did not matter. Only that they did not provide help. Which actually goes farther back to my original statement: Before WoW they didn’t exist! We can’t hold WC3’s story to standards later retcons made for us.