Sylvanas from BfA onwards may have been the result of a dev spat in the Cosby Suite

Don’t tell me you actually believe in alpha and beta males. Yven is just saying that ironically, I hope.

2 Likes

I don’t.
Whenever I hear Alpha male I just think people mean a man with high confidence. Nothing more. The rest is just so cringe that I dare not sully my brain with it.
I think these days people can make do with more confidence in their daily life and mental health.

And if this is how they do then good for them. Hopefully they phase out the other cringe crap as they get mentally more mature.

2 Likes

Which is not at all.

It is for holiday events.

8 Likes

I was just about to type that, Amadis!!

6 Likes

Not particularly unless you’re repeating the same events you did at low level. Once you’ve got the achievements for any given Holiday event there’s no need to recover old ground.

1 Like

They add new collectables to the holidays with currencies still received from going to them.

7 Likes

That makes going to these locations gravy, not a neccessity.

There was only as much reason to go Stormwind or Orgrimmar in BfA.

Heck, with the portal added to Rut’theran’s dock right to the portal hub to get back to Boralus it was even more convenient than ever to hearth to Teldrassil for auction houses (for anyone not an Engineer).

3 Likes

Making the Alliance hub anything besides Ironforge was a mistake.

I am completely right and also unbiased on this.

20 Likes

https://i.redd.it/3daoerd62wc81.jpg

Damn blizzard and their trust levels.

1 Like

I didn’t think this was something I had to specify, but when I said “as needed”, it wasn’t to imply there was a dire necessity to going to those cities.

Just, y’know, as the need might arise for whatever you’re doing.

I figured using a common parlance would be easily understood. I didn’t realize it would be taken outside of that context and into a very hyper-literal zone.

12 Likes

I always though Teldrassil’s docks would have made much more sense as a launch point to Northrend for Wrath of the Lich King than Menethil Harbor.

10 Likes

Six of one… half dozen of the other. I suspect it was keeping in sync with original Warcraft lore since that was the launch point for Artha Menethil’s forces when they went to Northrend to chase down Mal’Ganis.

2 Likes

I’ll help, minuscule one.

22 Likes

I stand by my clearly unbiased statement.

5 Likes

This seems pretty obvious, when the siege of Undercity is presented as a surprise attack. After Teldrassil they knew the alliance would be coming.

11 Likes

Wait, are you telling me that one of the mostly poorly implemented, written, and phased events in WoW was the the result of two Devs trying to screw the other over? I can’t say I’m surprised. Trying to figure out if frustration or disappointment is what I currently feel.

Probably some combination of both.

Is it too late for BfA and SL to all be a N’zoth dream?

18 Likes

Less violently acrimonious. Hell, merely having the WoT/Burning of Teldrassil come after the Siege of Undercity would have been much better story-wise, if only for everyone except nelves/nelf fans.

But neither was actually needed. Just escalate the mining conflict in Silithus, and still have the Horde break into the Stockades freeing the Zandalari there, and that’s enough to ignite the war. Why are the Zandalari there? Alliance saw boats full of trolls in their territory, got paranoid. Why do the Horde want them freed? They saw an opportunity to turn Zandalar into an ally. Alliance admit to themselves that automatically attacking and imprisoning the Zandalari emissaries was short-sighted on their part, and played into the Horde’s hands, but given the Zandalari participation in the events of Cata and MoP, it seemed prudent at the time. Realizing that they need allies with a big navy themselves, they ask Jainia to try to talk to her mother, the ruler of Kul Tiras; and whammo, BFA. Also, have Saurfang be the one who frees Derek (and also uncover info that Sylvanas is working with Azshara to cause him to turn fully against her) both so Baine looks less useless, and still he still has a good reason to challenge Sylvanas to a fight.

11 Likes

Lets not forget the Lich king in all this.

While the horde and alliance are busy with a petty war over over Azerite, the Lich King is moving pieces in the background in the service of his previously unmentioned dark master.

2 Likes