Sylvanas' endgame and BfA last patch (Speculation)

I think it’s more likely that Sylvanas (with or without Helya), N’Zoth and Azshara are all trying to manipulate each other.

I still need to do the quest Horde-side, but that’s an interesting tidbit.

2 Likes

I’d really like it if Nathanos ends up being the character redeemed by 8.3, and not Sylvanas, because Nathanos has grown on me. :smiley:

(There you go, Alamara, edit away.)

1 Like

Thanks. The OP is edited, but I wanted to add a reply with the update because no one checks the OP more than once.

POST-8.2.5 UPDATE

I had some time to think about 8.2.5 outcomes and reanalyze my theories.

Like I said in the original post, some points may be a little off, but the direction I thought we were headed hasn’t changed.

End of the War

Unlike what I expected, the war wasn’t resolved in 8.3, but 8.2.5. Still, it happened in questing, rather than a raid. While it happened earlier (and more suddenly) than I predicted, it still leaves the core of my theory intact:

Final patch.

We are headed to the War between Death and Shadows. The Horde was being manipulated by death, the reveal that the Alliance is being influenced by the void is yet to come.

What’s going to happen?

The end of 8.2.5 leads us to believe that Sylvanas will lay low and wait while we face N’Zoth. Her plans revolve around expecting N’Zoth to “serve death” by killing as many mortals as possible in that conflict.

That’s not what I think will happen. N’Zoth will not act as she expects. Actually, he’s been warning us for a long time that Death is the true enemy.

“This one is dangerous. She is a threat and must be ended. Beware this one, she seeks the death of all things… all possibilities. End her threat. Murder her, murder her, save yourself and murder her. Save the world and murder her.”

Also, in the Uu’nat fight, N’Zoth whispers to us:

• N’Zoth whispers: I alone can save you from what is to come.
  • N’Zoth whispers: It grows hungrier… bolder. Alas, your eyes are closed.

And what N’Zoth says when he is freed? All eyes shall be opened.

Through his influence over the Alliance ( “The boy-king serves at the master’s table” ), N’Zoth will make us hunt down Sylvanas.

Then, while we are busy fighting Sylvanas and the forces of her master (which I still expect to be Helya), N’Zoth will make his big move. “At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.”

Who’s third death? Either Helya or… Alleria.

In the Uu’nat fight, there’s also this tidbit:

• N’Zoth whispers: When the arrow finds its mark, the last fetter will fall away.

Maybe Sylvanas will kill, or severily harm Arator, leading Alleria to lose control?

High elves

I still think the void elves will turn traitor. Either because some of them will lose control, or because some of them have been serving N’Zoth all along, even before their transformation.

Where was Sylvanas last seen? Quel’thalas. So, it makes sense for all thalassians to be present for this showdown. And, since any patch involving Sylvanas’ resolution will also feature her sisters, Vereesa and the Silver Covenant will be there, and N’Zoth will try to add them to his forces.

Thus, my original prediction still stands: high elves will be turned into void elves. However, they’ll be saved by the player’s intervention.

The Final Raid

The final raid will be themed after Death vs. Void. We will try to stop both of those forces.

If my theory of the Sunwell being corrupted ends up true, the raid will involve securing it, then using it as a portal to the clashing realms of Death and Twilight. The final wings will probably be featured in the big Black Empire city we saw in Azshara’s Warbringers episode (is it Nya’lotha?)

Among the fights, we will have Nathanos, probably Umbric and maybe even all the Windrunner sisters (I guess a Sylvanas vs. Alleria vs. Us, with Vereesa helping us). We will also fight Sylvanas’ boss, and it will probably conclude with N’Zoth as the big bad of the expansion.

So, that’s my updated theory right now. What do you think?

I care. If it is really stupid I am not paying for that. Kind of like the Blizzcon Wendingo costume, I am definitely not paying for that!

However, I am looking for a new MMO as a result of 8.2.5 with very little hopes of any good coming of it. Suggestions?

I’m interested in seeing this, in the same way I was interested in seeing Anakin Skywalker become who he was always meant to be in Episode III. :slight_smile:

I’d be perfectly fine with this, though I’d argue that because he’s basically the only named character that’s received any development, they need to keep Umbric around – just paint him as oblivious to the traitors in his ranks, ala Aethas during the Purge of Dalaran.