Sylvanas and the death knights and other IGCs (spoilers)

Could just be a case that the Ebon Blade didn’t stop after they started in Legion.

7 Likes

is bolvar planning something now that nzoth is dead?

1 Like

Maybe. Or perhaps he’s planning something now that Sylvanas is no longer under the Horde’s protection.

He doesn’t seem to like what she’s been doing any more than Bwonsamdi or Eyir did, so Sylvanas’ departure from the Horde could offer a prime opportunity for him to put an end to her causing mass death and creating more undead outside of his control.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t really be surprising I suppose. C’Thun had a huge even built around the gates of AQ, but its not like he had much presence outside of that. Yogg was a mid-expansion raid boss. Y’Shaarj was a plot device for Garrosh’s story. The only hope I have is that we’ll see these buggers in hell at some point (all things have souls, all souls can be devoured).

2 Likes

I’m talking about the dialogue from Magni that you cited.

Lordy they’re really going all in with the Lich King parallels.

ah, fair enough i suppose. it feels weird a millennia and all the old gods are dealt with

1 Like

Yeah, it’s just like “that’s it?!”

Like, even the titans couldn’t deal with these dudes. Heck, why did the titans even bother imprisoning them, why not have their titan forged just execute them on the spot and save us the trouble. I mean, apparently that whole thing about potentially damaging the planet by killing these things is simply null-and-void now.(see what I did there?)

So why couldn’t they just have Thorim or Ra-den just execute the Old Gods after they were beaten, why go through the trouble of keeping them imprisoned and hope they don’t find a way to escape and cause more issues?

This whole thing just invalidates a ton of the lore. Since apparently Yogg and C’thun are considered “dead, dead” and not just dormant, this is really just a giant waste of an expansion plot.

Yes they could. The issue is that killing the old gods is supposed to negatively impact Azeroth. The most powerful old god was killed like a play toy, but the act gravely wounded the planet.

1 Like

Read the rest of my post, I literally said that.

That’s the whole point, the titans couldn’t deal with them for fear of harming the planet. Now all you have do to kill these things is to simply kill a very small, vulnerable, part of their massive, continent-sized, forms and they just die.

These Old Gods are designed worse than the Death Star.

4 Likes

Ah, my bad.

Yeah I was super let down that there wasn’t any negative to killing whisperboi. I had assumed we’d have to build him a new prison, or use the heart of azeroth, or the dagger.

1 Like

The titans could not rip them all up like the paracitic weeds they are no, as that creates terrible wounds to the planet in the process.

I would guess a few hundred thousand years in a cell designed to sap them of their strength left them weakened enough to be safely dispatched without having to rely on uprooting them.

Also remember game play always trumps lore. all we can do is try to do mental gymnastics for now and hope the cinematics explain things convincingly.

6 Likes

Seriously, Magni … stop saying things that make me thing you’re secretly evil.

Oh I don’t know about that. Here is what Alleria says in 8.3: “The whispers did not end with his defeat. In fact, it seems new voices have joined the chorus.”

Magni may be celebrating a bit prematurely here.

6 Likes

It may be the old gods all being defeated took the Void Lords aback and for now Azeroth is purified for once in recorded history… but they are going to send a powerful avatar akin to Dimensius the All-Devouring to attack Azeroth in a traditional invasion akin to the one that destroyed K’aresh in an expansion or so.

1 Like

i found his death i think? (actually my friend found it)

Or Magni is full of crap and a pawn he remains.

4 Likes

I am choosing to believe this (Magni being a pawn) until definitively proven otherwise only because I think it’s a more interesting story

1 Like

Oh yeah, I didn’t even think of that:

“The King of Diamonds has been made a pawn.”

I like your thinking.

2 Likes

This makes me wonder if perhaps there might be other Old Gods poised to move in on Azeroth who couldn’t do so previously because Yogg-Saron, C’thun and N’zoth were still entrenched there. Old Gods whose whispers are only now being heard by those on Azeroth attuned to the Void with the voices of the Big Four are all finally silenced.

Like maybe any newcomers’ influence would have been subsumed by the “native” Old Gods’ preexisting tendrils of corruption throughout the planet, but now that they’re all dead, it’s open season for whatever Old God pantheon can get there first and try to take their place.

Who knows; maybe Xal’atath was some sort of minion sent by a competing group of Old Gods to help facilitate taking down the ones currently infecting Azeroth so her masters could move in once they’re gone. Her conversation with N’zoth certainly didn’t sound like she was on Team Azeroth’s Old Gods; it sounded more like potentially a bargain being struck between N’zoth and Xal’atath on her own mission for herself or on behalf of someone or something else.

1 Like