SWP Nerfs - can we get some dates?

Hey everyone,

I haven’t found anything yet, but has anyone from Blizz has provided any kind of timeline or cadence for how SWP nerfs will happen? I recall there being smaller nerfs to SWP prior to the 3.0 blanket nerf. I’m in a casual guild that is behind on gearing and has been thoroughly farmed by the roster boss this phase, and having some kind of understanding on what is happening, and when would be a tremendous help for guild planning.

Thanks!

2 Likes

prepatch
it has been 5 weeks… and people already want it nerfed since the second reset

2 Likes

There were nerfs to SWP prior to prepatch.

I’m not asking for nerfs, I’m asking for a schedule, calm down chief lol.

2 Likes

I’d say another month at most. Honestly surprised we haven’t gotten them yet. We’ll probably get 2 months of nerfed SWP then prepatch.

1 Like

checks blizzard track record on coms

maybe 2 weeks before they happen but most likely 1 week beforehand
anything else is not very blizzard like

2 Likes

Blizzard has never given a lot of communication on when nerfs are coming, even at the height of their good customer service…it’s just not something they feel should be given a timeline.

If your guild is really struggling and you can’t fix them…black temple and hyjal are still there

Nerfs will be announced on a Monday before reset, after guilds already ran their final pre nerf raid without knowing it would be their last.

9 Likes

now THIS is very blizzard like

1 Like

No. You will get a week notice and like it.

With the T5 nerfs I remember they gave no notice, there was a huge outcry against it, and they rolled it back to give everyone a chance to get prenerf KT/Vashj. I’m hoping this time around they at least learned their lesson and decide to give a few weeks notice.

Hopium is a powerful drug lol

Maybe not SWP nerfs, but I’d like to know if they may help the smaller servers out with the Isle unlocks. I’m afraid that my server isn’t going to have everything unlocked by the time WotLK is out and fear it’s going to drive more folks to transfer.

Knowing blizz, they’ll announce them the day before the reset of the week they go live.

1 Like

It’s in 2 weeks early July. The nerfs already hit the ptr.

How bad are they? I just started back again a few weeks ago specifically for sunwell.

I knew it was inevitable though.

A week? Luxury.

Recently it’s been the day of the patch as a side note.

“Ohh and btw, all content is nerfed, enjoy”

it doesn’t really need nerfed, all the t5 complaints like “too much trash” and “too much rng bosses” “too much time to run back” “too long an instance” don’t apply to sunwell at all, “this boss is too hard for me” isn’t a very good reason to nerf something

I see nothing on this… am I blind?

No, don’t nerf Shadow Word: Pain

:frowning:

3 Likes

Its getting nerfed either way. Blizzard said that we will get pre-nerf and post-nerf versions of SWP.