Sword and board pure dps spec

Glad stance was such a cool idea. Most fun I’ve ever had playing a Warrior.

I get the balancing issues at play, but the fact it hasn’t reimerged as a 4th spec after this amount of time is a little sad.

2 Likes

I loved Gladiator spec while it lasted. But since Blizz will never bring it back I will settle for the ability to fully mog my defensive stance shield.

Things that need to happen in the game again, this. Glad was hands down the most fun warrior spec in the game and i would love to see it make a come back.

1 Like

Hi sir! I do WMA, let me tell you, your shield is a weapon. Period. If you aren’t using it as such, you’re dead.

I also do HEMA. Great fun, though my passion admittedly lies with German Longsword.

You have misread the posts. Of course you use your shield as a weapon, if you already have a shield. If the defensive aspects of the shield are not of benefit to you, it is inherently inferior as a weapon compared to using your offhand to hold a second weapon or just holding your weapon in two hands.

1 Like

German longsword is where it’s at. /highfive

Nothing to add to the discussion… just wanted to say.

1 Like

Fortunately, since 9.0.2 now all warriors can use Shield Slam, Shield Block and Spell Reflect. If you want to use 1h weapons and shield to fight offensively (mainly PVP), play Arms Warrior with some of the following talents (this talent selection is considering the fact you will not be able to use Mortal Strike and Cleave because they require 2h Weapons):

1. Skullsplitter
  2. Impending Victory
  3. Rend
  4. Bounding Stride/Defensive Stance (depending if you want to take a more offensive or defensive aproach).
  5. Warbreaker
  6. Avatar
  7. Anger Management/Ravager (depending on your Rage generation)

Instead, I would like to see 1h dual wielding on Arms for tanking. I’ve always thought of giving Warriors the posibility to choose between Block/Parry as a main defensive stat depending on the Spec you choose.
Also, 1h dual wielding on Protection Warriors, for a higher damage aproach in PVP (a PVP Talent for 1h dual and a Slam buff could partially replace the lack of main damaging skills like Shield Slam).

(Once, my imagination took me to the absurd idea that Dodge should be a de-escalating statistic, depending on the amount of armor they equip, making it possible for Warriors to transition from Plates to Mail Armor. As you get more armor, you lower your Dodge chance. I’m sure that’s absolutely impossible but I wanted to share it anyway just because this is internet).

1 Like

Does parry add melee haste like it used too?

Why would you Necro a 2 year old thread.

Because I’m chatty.

1 Like

An idea that could make this work for prot with out just a straight glad stance, allowing the oppressor pvp talent to be taken as a pve talent (replacing taunt with an ability that increases the damage an enemy takes for each person that hits it, but no longer forces the target to attack), stack this with the legendary that makes shield wall apply to party and it could be a viable support/dps/tank hybrid that can do decent damage, boost other’s damage, mitigate the two tank’s damage taken from big hits, intervene tanks and be able to soak a few hits for them, and if needed still have challenging shout to AoE taunt that could viably be used once/maybe twice per fight.

I’d like them to unlink abilities with a specific weapon type, I may not be able to use sword and board competitively, but it would make open world fun and still usable :slight_smile: